Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This for the play offs  (Read 7023 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
This for the play offs
« on May 27, 2012, 09:13:39 pm by graingrover »
This for the play offs                                         
                          ANOTHER 
          O’Connor Martis Beye Spurr
Coppinger Stock  ANOTHER Woods
            ANOTHER   ANOTHER       
COMPARE
             Sullivan.
, O’Connor,Mills,Hird,Roberts
                Coppinger,Stock, Green ,Wellens
                      Hayter     Heffernan 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: This for the play offs
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2012, 09:27:27 pm by RedJ »
Are you still here?

are you?

I'd arguably have Hird (if he stops, which he wants to) there ahead of Beye or Martis, and I doubt Tommy will be here, so that'd probably be George Friend (if he isn't gone too anyway). Keegan (if he stays) perhaps to fill the other midfield role? or Gillett if we get him back on a new deal. I'd be happy with Brown up front with A. N. Other. Definitely a new keeper, no idea who.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 27, 2012, 09:34:27 pm by streatham dave »
We have 3 contracted goalkeepers. I can't see us signing another one.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 27, 2012, 09:51:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have 3 contracted goalkeepers. I can't see us signing another one.

One is 116, one is 16 and the other isn't a goalkeeper.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 27, 2012, 09:55:13 pm by streatham dave »
Yes I agree but just saying I can't see us signing another. Lets just hope the young lad turns out to be some wonder kid.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 27, 2012, 09:56:07 pm by drfcsteve »
What I hope we start next season with:

New keeper

O'Conner - Hird - Friend - Spurr

Stock - Woods

Oster/Baxondale

Coppinger                   Hayter

Brown

What I think we'll actually start next season with:

G.Woods

? - Beye - Martis - Husband

? - Keegan - youth player - Bennet

Ball - Brown

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 27, 2012, 10:26:32 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
what i would like to see

scott brown (from cheltenham free)

o'conner               friend          harry davis (crew)          spur

grant mccan (free transfer)
 jermain mcglashen (cheltenham)                                                        jonothan forte (free transfer)   

coppinger                            woods

Lewis Grabban (rotherham)

Squad 
jon parkin (free transfer)
Hird
Brown
Hayter
Martis
Woods
Keegan
reeves (altringham)
Beye
Sullivan
gareth robberts (free transfer)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 27, 2012, 11:02:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We will have a weaker team next season then the one we went up with but the league is weaker then when we were in it before. So we'll have a chance for top 6.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 27, 2012, 11:22:47 pm by drfcsteve »
There's no doubt IF the board wanted to they could assemble/keep a very good team that would challange at the top of the table next season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 27, 2012, 11:24:27 pm by RedJ »
We will have a weaker team next season then the one we went up with but the league is weaker then when we were in it before. So we'll have a chance for top 6.

saying that, it took the white shite 3 years to do it, Wensdeh 2, Forest a good few too, Charlton 3

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 27, 2012, 11:48:51 pm by graingrover »
I am trying to hang on in here for old times sake ... I do hope JR DW and TB feel the same way .

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2012, 12:00:10 am by jonnydog »
I hate to say it, but doubtful Hird will be staying now   :(

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2012, 08:06:50 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Forum retirements are fun.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 29, 2012, 02:59:49 pm by graingrover »
I guess forum retirements will be not infrequent as the forum is occupied by new supporters with different agendas . I do not have any other agenda than wishing to continue to contribute to the well being of Donny Rovers , a club I have supported actively since I played for the Juniors in 1957 -1959.
           I now EXPECT  I will have different ideas and expectations to the mainstream of posters  on here . Also I tend to be less tolerant of negativism than I perhaps should be !
 My team when I first supported Rovers was
  Gregg , Makepeace , Graham, Patterson , Williams, Kiilkenny; Tindill, Jeffrey , McMorran ,Mooney,    Manager Pete Doherty .. when I played fo Juniors our best players were Ray Veall( future Everton) and Barry Swallow.
     My main message here is that the club is much bigger than the ideas of individual posters  , much bigger than a single Manager and a group of players . If you really suppot then you would analyse what is the constant in all this . Well I say it is JR . Support him is to support your team .
            The fact that I have lived abroad for 40 years does not mean I have not supported financially . For several years I bought season tickets for my younger brothers who post on here occasionally.  I have since bought season tickes I have never been able to use cos I live away. I have this next season offered thhe club a 15 match ticket to give to the most worthy supporter in need. I love this club .
                   Stay positive ... life lasts beyond a bad season but especially with positive support .       

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 29, 2012, 03:12:56 pm by donnyroversfc »
New Goalkeeper (he seems to be good, because we've all put him in our starting 11)

JO'C
Husband (Spurr will go)
Hird (Please re-sign) (if not then anybody but Martis... Beye last resort)
Friend

Bennett
Gillett (gotta stay... End of!)
M.Woods
Coppinger (Changing my mind all the time on whether he'll end up staying or not)

Brown
New Striker (wont mention his name)

James Baxendale needs to be kept aswell, New LB may be needed, unless we use Friend ans the back-up (first choice CB).

Damian Reeves, a first choice striker and probably another will need to be signed. Fabien Robert needs to be put in the back of JR's car and told he has to sign for us.

I'd recommend Iain Turner, or Chris Weale (is he unattached?) for goalie. A couple more squad players (we'll need a couple of CM's i'd imagine) and youth team added to that = DONCASTER ROVERS LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2012/2013.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2012, 03:14:10 pm by mattco »
Very well said.  The main thing now is to rebuild a team and if we have to spend a couple of seasons in League 1 before we can return to Championship then so be it.   Let's not expect miracles. It's time for positive realism and a dash of hope!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 30, 2012, 04:07:52 am by RoversAlias »
Weale is going back to Yeovil I believe, though that isn't confirmed. He has had injury woes of late too. I think there are far better options than Iain Turner as well. Oh and I like Martis.

The rest of that I agree with though!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 30, 2012, 07:48:01 am by Wellred »
I don't mind who we sign as long as we can get a team that provides, some decent football to watch and we can actually win some games.

Not something I have witnessed at the KMS for a couple of years.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 30, 2012, 10:15:15 am by Colin C No.3 »
I don't mind who we sign as long as we can get a team that provides, some decent football to watch and we can actually win some games.

That's strange. I could swear I witnessed some fantastic football under SOD, yes, even when we couldn't buy a win.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but I wonder if JR ever wakes up at night in a cold sweat on 'agreeing' to boot SOD out.

Ah well, League 1 sure beats the Conference, plus we have a ground to be proud of in this league. Let's hope DS can give us a team to be equally proud of.

RTID

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 30, 2012, 12:15:09 pm by RoversAlias »

This is very true.

Colin, to be fair he said 'in the last couple of years'. In the last two years there has not been much, if any 'fantastic' football purported by the home side at the Keepmoat. But I too hope that DS can build a team we can be proud of again, as I wasn't feeling very proud much during this season.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 30, 2012, 12:33:33 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It would be nice to have a team turn out that is the same for 2 games on the trot, enough of the injury prone players, never mind reputation. Build a solid team who can pass, will allow the youth to develop and above all win a few.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 30, 2012, 12:53:05 pm by drfcsteve »
People are assuming good players will have us playing good football, the manager is the biggest influence on the style of football we play and he's already shown his style isn't very easy on the eye.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 30, 2012, 12:58:46 pm by dickos1 »
It's funny how I know your going to be slagging off Saunders before I even open your post and on any topic within this forum..

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 30, 2012, 01:04:00 pm by donnyroversfc »
I seem to remember our football under SO'D when he first arrived was dog turd too.

Didn't Saunders change the tactics/formation quite a bit after all the experiment players left? Clearly he's not been able to set up how he wanted too with the players he had.

Give him a chance ffs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012