Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:23:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So the reason you didnt renew your ST?  (Read 15099 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: So the reason you didnt renew your ST?
« Reply #60 on June 09, 2012, 08:59:24 pm by dickos1 »
Dearne valley rover that is the best post of the week. People just stating well chesterfield offered more than us so that means they have more ambition just seriously don't have a clue.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 10, 2012, 03:28:28 am by RedJ »
being made captain counts as a condition, remember

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 10, 2012, 08:56:10 am by steve@dcfd »
Ambition is a word that means aspiring to achieve. At the moment until Dean moves his high earners on and brings in his low wage earners we do not know what our ambition is. We can talk about ambition put the proof will be on the field of play. Can we show achievement this season or in the long term. So all the talk is good, getting views about the ground and the infrastructure is good but our ambition must be to play well on the pitch and start winning games again especially at home to attract supporters back. Show we have the desire to be a cut above the the rest, unless we can do that then ambition is just a word with no meaning.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 10, 2012, 09:00:47 am by dickos1 »
Exactly.. So why are people being so negative when we have no idea what our side will look like come August??

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 10, 2012, 10:28:29 am by steve@dcfd »
I would say a lot of people are concerned the way the club appears to be going. At the moment the club is in a state of flux and if the manager can not be proactive in sorting out players then later he will have to be reactive and the players we get may be not of the quality we need to stabilise and progress again. The meeting on the 18th June should start to put things right the club should be announcing their intentions on the squad. It's not just about the ground, the vending machines, the bars the meeting places, it's about the performances on the pitch. At the moment I can see why people are being positive about the peripheral things but how can there be positivity about the team when the managers hands are tied together through lack of clarity on players out first then players in.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 10, 2012, 11:39:19 am by dickos1 »
The manager can't be pro-active when he hasn't the funds. How do you know dean didn't want to keep hird but he wasn't able to make him a sufficient offer?
As you state people are concerned by an appearance of where the club is going yet in your other post you state it's not possible to be positive until we see the proof on the pitch.
Therefore it can't be right that you can be negative before we see the proof but you can't be positive.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 10, 2012, 03:59:02 pm by drfcsteve »
People say Sam Hird was only going to be a bit part player next season so that's why we didn't offer him as much as Chesterfield.

Why do people think he would only be a bit part player when he was one of our first choice centre halfs when we won promotion from League One, and has since proved he can hold his own in the Championship? If he was only going to be a bit part player who are our first choice centre halfs?

Also, maybe Saunders would have some money to spend if he didn't waste so much on Diatta, Plessis, Bamogo etc.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 10, 2012, 04:34:03 pm by donnyroversfc »

Also, maybe Saunders would have some money to spend if he Willie McKay didn't waste so much on Diatta, Plessis, Bamogo etc.

Qouted it to correct you  :)

He would have some money to spend if the board would give him some, simple.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 10, 2012, 06:47:18 pm by dickos1 »
Why don't you wait to see who will be our centre halves rather than moaning about it now when you haven't got a clue?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 10, 2012, 07:43:08 pm by dickos1 »
A major flaw in your arguement is that Sam hird made 3 appearances in our promotion season.
Hardly first choice that is it mate???

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 10, 2012, 09:16:40 pm by drfcsteve »
Saunders could have vetoed the players if he didn't want them, he said so himself so either he was talking shit again or he chose to sign all of them, it's one or the other.

Also dickos I don't know where you get your facts from but as usual they are wrong, when Sam came back from his loan he was first choice, he played in both legs against Southend and in the final against Leeds so that's 3 appearances at least just in the play-offs.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 10, 2012, 09:37:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
So what makes everyone think Chesterfield offered Sam more, It may be that Sam needed money and didn't want to spend a couple of months on the dole untill we could offer something similar, Lots have morgages etc. Sam may look on it as a promotion by becoming Captain, perhaps they offered him a incredible goal/assist bonus etc etc

Crikey I took a fair drop in money  a few years ago by changing my job.
 My new employer offered private medical insurance and stuff that was not offered by my then employers,

Terms and Conditions !!!!!  not necessarily more.
and bloody hell the private medical bit really came to the fore when it wasn't expected   :blink:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 10, 2012, 10:04:38 pm by ravenrover »
Take it from me, and my little informant, Rovers where no-where near what Chesterfield offered.
In Sams position, ie out of contract, would you want to wait for someone to be sold before DRFC could make a better offer?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 10, 2012, 11:33:22 pm by dickos1 »
Steve he made 3 league appearances in that season. My stats are from the official site, as usual you don't let facts get in the way of a good old moan

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 10, 2012, 11:35:29 pm by dickos1 »

Grimsby 2007 - 08   League   17  (0)   0
Doncaster   2007 - 08   League   3  (1)   0
Doncaster   2006 - 07   League   0  (5)   0

TinyPortal © 2005-2012