Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:42:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 18743 times)

tuffty

• Forum Member
The Board
« on June 05, 2012, 07:33:59 pm by tuffty »
Has anybody heard what is happening with the return of DW and TB to the board?

just seems to be rather quiet since it was mentioned.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2012, 07:48:07 pm by donnyroversfc »
I expect we'll probably hear something once they've taken their heads out of the sand, where they are buried.

biggle

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2012, 07:54:42 pm by biggle »
stupid boy!!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #3 on June 05, 2012, 08:29:59 pm by Rovin Reporter »
We're not supposed to mention the unmentionables it result in league 2 being their idea of promotion .

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2012, 08:53:16 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I expect we'll probably hear something once they've taken their heads out of the sand, where they are buried.

No heads in the sand just sensible that we couldnt continue the way we were losing millions!

Tell you what why dont you take charge if you can do any better?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2012, 09:02:44 pm by donnyroversfc »

No heads in the sand just sensible that we couldnt continue the way we were losing millions!

I doubt John Ryan would let me...

One things for certain, i wouldn't have made the same mistakes they did this season and i would have held my hands up and apologised to the paying supporters for any mistakes i may have made. I  wouldn't have hid away when it all went wrong.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2012, 09:26:05 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

One things for certain, i wouldn't have made the same mistakes they did this season and i would have held my hands up and apologised to the paying supporters for any mistakes i may have made. I  wouldn't have hid away when it all went wrong.

Didnt see him hiding in fact in the box on the radio most weeks...

Getting better players in is hardly anything to be ashamed off... so it didnt work nor was the existing set up 3 wins in 8 months?

So what would you have done?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2012, 09:33:24 pm by Chris »

Getting better players in is hardly anything to be ashamed off... so it didnt work nor was the existing set up 3 wins in 8 months?

Accept that relegation was likely. Rebuild in League One under Sean O'Driscoll.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2012, 09:35:43 pm by MrFrost »

Who are these better players you speak of?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2012, 09:39:32 pm by mushRTID »
Any danger of anyone having the answer to the thread?

I'm genuinely interested in the board too.

The replies that have followed it are not only irrelevant to this thread but also highly predictable.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2012, 09:39:55 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Who are these better players you speak of?
[/quote

Se argument 10 million below....

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2012, 09:43:31 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Manager that didnt know a way out admitted as much and been relegated by Xmas?

Or something that could have worked?

Try something new?

Easy to say when not your millions that has taken you through the divisions.....

We simply put him out of his misery!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2012, 09:45:54 pm by Chris »

Try something new?

Easy to say when not your millions that has taken you through the divisions.....

If this "new" thing to try is Saunders and McKay then no thanks.

I love the "relegated by Christmas" line too. Absolute b*llocks.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2012, 09:47:42 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Try something new?

Totally admired the thinking out of the box really did!

Hardly b*llocks getting better players in is it?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2012, 09:50:35 pm by Chris »

Try something new?

What?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2012, 09:52:17 pm by MrFrost »

Try something new?

Again who were the better players? You could argue Diouf and Fortune, but neither were any better than Sharp.
As a whole we got no mark French/African has beens who were never going to make the grade. And this showed in our league position.
If you admired this then fair play.

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2012, 09:52:54 pm by dodge123 »
same old arguments over and over again, if you dont like what our directors do or did or  what our great chairman has done in what he felt right doing, then dont go watch the team, simple!, its getting very boring now and i know for a fact not one of us on here are or will ever  be capable of runinning a football club. As for the old apolagy scenario thats just ridiculous to say the least!  lets move on boys and forget last season, we aint no world beaters were donny rovers and one things for sure im 100 % confident in saunders and our great chairman,

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2012, 09:55:02 pm by MrFrost »
same old arguments over and over again, if you dont like what our directors do or did or  what our great chairman has done in what he felt right doing, then dont go watch the team, simple!, its getting very boring now and i know for a fact not one of us on here are or will ever  be capable of runinning a football club. As for the old apolagy scenario thats just ridiculous to say the least!  lets move on boys and forget last season, we aint no world beaters were donny rovers and one things for sure im 100 % confident in saunders and our great chairman,

Why do we have to agree with EVERYTHING that John Ryan does? He cocked up. End of. It's not that that bothers me, it's the fact that some people like Norfolk still think it was some kind of master stroke.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 05, 2012, 09:56:50 pm by Chris »

Try something new?

Again who were the better players? You could argue Diouf and Fortune, but neither were any better than Sharp.
As a whole we got no mark French/African has beens who were never going to make the grade. And this showed in our league position.
If you admired this then fair play.

It also raises the question of whether "better" individuals perform to a higher standard than a united squad.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 05, 2012, 09:57:03 pm by donnyroversfc »
What i would have done? I'd have carried on doing what we was doing before... Relegation was nailed on anyway and it would be a lot easier to rebuild this season if the club didn't go down the route they did last season.

I'm still yet to see how the hell last season helped us in anyway whatsoever?!? Please do tell me.

PROMOTED TO THe PREMIER LEAGUE NEXT SEASON!!!

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 05, 2012, 10:02:25 pm by dodge123 »
cocked up?? so what would your plan have been without a win in 20 odd games?, carried on with the same old, tasking the injuries into account we were a poor poor set up with opposing teams knowing exactly what to expect from us and break us down, it was there for all to see!, Sir john wanted to change it and he did! end of, fair enough  we didnt stay up and we didnt get the rub of the green but for people to want an apolagy is just short of ludicrous

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 05, 2012, 10:03:07 pm by Wellred »
It really baffles me why any board of directors (or fans for that matter) should be happy to let a Manager who admits he thinks he won't be able to stop his team getting relegated with only 1/3rd of the season gone stay in charge for the rest of the season in the hope that it will get better the following season.

Can you please explain the logic in that.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 05, 2012, 10:08:29 pm by drfcsteve »
The problem is a lot of our fans would rather hear positive interviews rather than realistic truthful ones.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 05, 2012, 10:08:56 pm by Chris »
It really baffles me why any board of directors (or fans for that matter) should be happy to let a Manager who admits he thinks he won't be able to stop his team getting relegated with only 1/3rd of the season gone stay in charge for the rest of the season in the hope that it will get better the following season.

Can you please explain the logic in that.

I don't recall O'Driscoll saying this. In fact, a statement released by Sean O'Driscoll after his compensation was arranged (money well spent, eh?) stated the complete opposite.

Sean O'Driscoll was aiming to take the club to a point where relegation would not be a disaster. I fully believe that if he had got his way in regards to transfer dealings (I believe he wanted to sell Sharp for over £3m in the summer, for example) etc then he would have achieved this.

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 05, 2012, 10:09:39 pm by dodge123 »
judge him next season, all the logic will be their, no hiding for him and watch him prove you all wrong

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 05, 2012, 10:11:04 pm by donnyroversfc »
This is about the board... Not SO'D or Saunders.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 05, 2012, 10:11:52 pm by Chris »
judge him next season, all the logic will be their, no hiding for him and watch him prove you all wrong

Stop telling us when we can make our own judgements just to suit your own opinion.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 05, 2012, 10:13:01 pm by Chris »
This is about the board... Not SO'D or Saunders.

The change in manager was probably the biggest decision the board have made since the previous change in manager.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 05, 2012, 10:13:15 pm by Wellred »

Your words earlier Chris!!!

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 05, 2012, 10:15:12 pm by dodge123 »
so when you going to make your judgements? pre season? two games in? or when saunders gets his team assembled his way , and that will be like i said next season!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012