Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:47:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 18745 times)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #30 on June 05, 2012, 10:15:27 pm by Chris »
Accept that relegation was likely. Rebuild in League One under Sean O'Driscoll.

Your words earlier Chris!!!

My words, not O'Driscoll's. (Assuming that is your point...)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 05, 2012, 10:17:16 pm by Chris »
so when you going to make your judgements? pre season? two games in? or when saunders gets his team assembled his way , and that will be like i said next season!

Setting a point in the season at which I will "make my judgements" would be pointless. Why set an arbitrary point to change or confirm my opinion?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 05, 2012, 10:18:31 pm by Wellred »

So you as a board member would be happy to accept this situation would you?
If that is the case then all I can say is thank god you aren't !!!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 05, 2012, 10:21:17 pm by Chris »

Happy? No.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 05, 2012, 10:23:18 pm by Wellred »

Happy? No.

So if the board aren't happy then surely you would expect them to do something about it?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 05, 2012, 10:26:26 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Better players ;-
Ikeme/Kirkland V Woods
Fortune V Hayter
Diouf V Bennet
Beye V Hird
Chimdonda V JOC

Robert and the rest added strength apart from a few but with it all there were some for the future like with another trailists.
Of course technically more gifted players, right attitude? Wasn't close enough to the team but clearly there was  a split in the team but hardly the board's fault is it?

Played in right positions? Maybe not but hardly the board fault is it?

So to me it was the last throw of the dice and one that should be applauded!

What we left with? What we started with a team not good enough for the second tier with a losing mentality ....with respect we have lost nothing but had everything to gain!

Where do we go from here?

Have a youth structure and bring our own players through, use the loan system and look at the lower leagues for potential.

In the meantime continue with the excellent community programmes to bring in tomorrow supporters.

Reason we had to do it? Cant compete with a cash rich league on laughable crowds!

Last time I elaborate, that's how see it very plain and simple!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 05, 2012, 10:31:03 pm by Chris »

Happy? No.

So if the board aren't happy then surely you would expect them to do something about it?

I don't think that "something" should have been to replace O'Driscoll with Saunders.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 05, 2012, 10:32:39 pm by mushRTID »
Chimbonda better than JOC?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 05, 2012, 10:33:33 pm by MrFrost »
Better players ;-
Ikeme/Kirkland V Woods
Fortune V Hayter
Diouf V Bennet
Beye V Hird
Chimdonda V JOC

Robert and the rest added strength apart from a few but with it all there were some for the future like with another trailists.
Of course technically more gifted players, right attitude? Wasn't close enough to the team but clearly there was  a split in the team but hardly the board's fault is it?

What we left with? What we started with a team not good enough for the second tier with a losing mentality ....with respect we have lost nothing but had everything to gain!

Have a youth structure and bring our own players through, use the loan system and look at the lower leagues for potential.

In the meantime continue with the excellent community programmes to bring in tomorrow supporters.

Reason we had to do it? Cant compete with a cash rich league on laughable crowds!

Ikeme was crap and Kirkland didn't figure enough to be judged.
Fortune v Sharp? No
Diouf v Coppinger? Maybe
Beye v Hird - ok
Chimbonda was a complete waste of space.
Lets not forget the other no shows who were brought in.

It was a panic move with no strategy behind it at all. Saunders was clueless trying to manage it too. Watching him on the sidelines clearly baffled said it all.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 05, 2012, 10:35:12 pm by Wellred »

Happy? No.

I don't think that "something" should have been to replace O'Driscoll with Saunders.

So you are changing your argument now then. You stated you would have kept SOD.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 05, 2012, 10:35:30 pm by Wellred »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 05, 2012, 10:36:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
Ikeme made three monumental boobs in his time but he was not crap, he is/was a good keeper.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 05, 2012, 10:36:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Yes he certainly was when not injured.

Joc had a terrible season and in some games was all at sea!

Chimdonda linked up well with Copps were unplayable at times, sadly he was not fit too often!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 05, 2012, 10:37:36 pm by donnyroversfc »
Better players ;-
Ikeme/Kirkland V Woods
Fortune V Hayter
Diouf V Bennet
Beye V Hird
Chimdonda V JOC

Kirkland played 1 game, let in 3 and got injured... TERRIBLE signing.

Fortune, good player... Got match fit and the pissed off.

Diouf, undoubtably a talented footballer... divided the players, selfish and cared not one bit about the club.

Hird = more reliable and less of a liabiltiy than Habib Beye...

Chimbonda better than JO'C? Laughable... I think the majority would take JO'C over Chimbonda...

Robert was good.

Should be applauded? No it should be criticised for being a totally wrong decision and major f**k-up by the board.

We competed for 4 years... We did it the right way, we were rewarded and applauded for our efforts... This season the board threw their toys out of their pathetic prams and decided to go with a man and strategy that (if it carried on for longer) would have ended disastrously for the club.

They've gotten away with their mistakes though by the looks of it because the lap dogs or so called 'supporters' are willing to lick their arses instead of demanding answers/apologies.

John Ryan could make as many mistakes as he wants and you'd still get the deluded brown tonguers sticking up for him...

Sit back, look and see exactly what thie past season has done.

WELL DONE TO THE DONCASTER ROVERS BOARD! Hope you are happy with the job you have done this season.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 05, 2012, 10:38:00 pm by Chris »

Happy? No.

I was repeating that point. I wouldn't have changed manager.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 05, 2012, 10:39:47 pm by MrFrost »

Chimdonda and linked up well with Copps linked up very well and were unplayable at times, sadly he was not fit too often!

Chimbonda was a disgrace and didn't give a toss about the team. Same could be said for Diouf and his infamous nightclubbing.
I said the whole "French" experiment would fail as soon as it was implemented. Some misguided fools on here seemed to think we were destined for the Premiership. It was destined to fail, and it did. And now we are left with alienated fans, a decimated squad and an unproven manager.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 05, 2012, 10:40:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Better players ;-
Ikeme/Kirkland V Woods
Fortune V Hayter
Diouf V Bennet
Beye V Hird
Chimdonda V JOC

Diouf, undoubtably a talented footballer... divided the players, selfish and cared not one bit about the club.

Chimbonda better than JO'C? Laughable... I think the majority would take JO'C over Chimbonda...

Robert was good.

Should be applauded? No it should be criticised for being a totally wrong decision and major f***-up by the board.

We competed for 4 years... We did it the right way, we were rewarded and applauded for our efforts... This season the board threw their toys out of their pathetic prams and decided to go with a man and strategy that (if it carried on for longer) would have ended disastrously for the club.

They've gotten away with their mistakes though by the looks of it because the lap dogs or so called 'supporters' are willing to lick their arses instead of demanding answers/apologies.

John Ryan could make as many mistakes as he wants and you'd still get the deluded brown tonguers sticking up for him...

WELL DONE TO THE DONCASTER ROVERS BOARD! Hope you are happy with the job you have done this season.

Now can you provide me with a objective post based on technical ability ?

Total and utter shite the analysis and based upon what you would like to believe

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 05, 2012, 10:41:05 pm by MrFrost »
Better players ;-
Ikeme/Kirkland V Woods
Fortune V Hayter
Diouf V Bennet
Beye V Hird
Chimdonda V JOC

Robert was good.

Should be applauded? No it should be criticised for being a totally wrong decision and major f***-up by the board.

Here here. Sense at last.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 05, 2012, 10:42:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Chimdonda and linked up well with Copps linked up very well and were unplayable at times, sadly he was not fit too often!

Chimbonda was a disgrace and didn't give a toss about the team. Same could be said for Diouf and his infamous nightclubbing.
I said the whole "French" experiment would fail as soon as it was implemented. Some misguided fools on here seemed to think we were destined for the Premiership. It was destined to fail, and it did. And now we are left with alienated fans, a decimated squad and an unproven manager.

Yet the world beating team bossed by SOD had managed 3 wins in 8 months?

But hey lets put it all down to experiment.... NEXT!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 05, 2012, 10:42:46 pm by Wellred »

Happy? No.

Happy? No.

So you would have been happy to watch your team continuing losing games and getting relegated.

Crazy.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 05, 2012, 10:44:52 pm by MrFrost »

And what did Saunders and his team of superstars achieve? Bottom of the league by a mile, pissed off supporters, a divided dressing room and a once admired team turned into the laughing stock of English football once again.
I would rather us have gone down with dignity with our own players and a manager proven at league level.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 05, 2012, 10:46:20 pm by donnyroversfc »
Now can you provide me with a objective post based on technical ability ?

Total and utter shite the analysis and based upon what you would like to believe

It's not what i'd like to believe... It's what HAPPENED!! Everything i wrote, is true. You are very deluded to think the board made any correct decision last season... In fact (and as a massive SO'D fan) sacking the manager was perhaps the only correct decision they made.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 05, 2012, 10:47:11 pm by Filo »
The best thing for all of you to do is attend the event on the 18th and raise your concerns there in a reasonable and grown up manner, without resorting to personal insults (if that`s possible), I just get the feeling that the biggest mouths will not be heard through their non attendance, they`ll still have plenty to say on here though!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 05, 2012, 10:49:53 pm by MrFrost »
The best thing for all of you to do is attend the event on the 18th and raise your concerns there in a reasonable and grown up manner, without resorting to personal insults (if that`s possible), I just get the feeling that the biggest mouths will not be heard through their non attendance, they`ll still have plenty to say on here though!
For the record i'm away. As much as I would like to go and air my concerns I won't be able to. I however feel I won't be the only one wanting to voice them.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 05, 2012, 10:50:02 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

And what did Saunders and his team of superstars achieve? Bottom of the league by a mile, pissed off supporters, a divided dressing room and a once admired team turned into the laughing stock of English football once again.
I would rather us have gone down with dignity with our own players and a manager proven at league level.

Not really.... in your head it did!

Remember people were going to protest about the involvement of Mckay?

Based on b*llocks written in a newspaper.

When I asked individuals what they were going to protest about and told them the REAL story they didnt know what they protesting about!

McKay was asked to the club by the board so in essence they were protesting against JR, when put logically they understood and understood it was nonsense!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 05, 2012, 10:50:26 pm by donnyroversfc »

I'd prefer something like what Crofty suggested... Where we can submit questions to the VSC directors and they ask for us... I ain't going to the fans forum, i dont want to simply because of the abuse i received on here. People can be idiot, i dont want to end up being judged just from my posts on here and end up with trouble at games...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 05, 2012, 10:53:13 pm by MrFrost »

Not really.... in your head it did!

Remember people were going to protest about the involvement of Mckay?

Based on b*llocks written in a newspaper.

When I asked individuals what they were going to protest about and told them the REAL story they didnt know what they protesting about!

McKay was asked to the club by the board so in essence they were protesting against JR, when put logically they understood and understood it was nonsense!

In my head? So I imagined us finishing bottom of the league by a country mile? I imagined us being mocked on every other club's forums? Supporters are pissed off as this forum proves, and the dressing room was divided as  can be proved by certain players comments after our relegation.

I suppose if we end up relegated again next season with another failed experiment you'll still be shouting from the rooftops in praise of everything that happens?

Christ, I bet you even gave Richardson a standing ovation!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 05, 2012, 10:53:58 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

I'd prefer something like what Crofty suggested... Where we can submit questions to the VSC directors and they ask for us... I ain't going to the fans forum, i dont want to simply because of the abuse i received on here. People can be idiot, i dont want to end up being judged just from my posts on here and end up with trouble at games...

The problem Donnyrovers is you dont listen to facts and never come up with solutions?

What would you have done?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 05, 2012, 10:55:31 pm by Filo »

Have the courage to follow your convictions, don`t shy away, do you really think that some one is going to t**t you at an organised event at the KM? You have some strong views, here`s your chance to ask the questions direct and you`re declining that chance, preferring to let some one else fire your bullets!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 05, 2012, 10:55:43 pm by MrFrost »

The problem Donnyrovers is you dont listen to facts and never come up with solutions?

What would you have done?

I think it is you not listening to facts. Your refusal to accept the board made mistakes. Refusal to accept the "French" experiment was an abysmal failure.
I have already stated what I would have done. I don't feel a need to repeat it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012