Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:02:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 18741 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #60 on June 05, 2012, 10:56:09 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Chimbonda better than JOC?

Yes he certainly was when not injured.

Joc had a terrible season and in some games was all at sea!

Chimdonda and linked up well with Copps linked up very well and were unplayable at times, sadly he was not fit too often!

Chimbonda was a disgrace and didn't give a toss about the team. Same could be said for Diouf and his infamous nightclubbing.
I said the whole "French" experiment would fail as soon as it was implemented. Some misguided fools on here seemed to think we were destined for the Premiership. It was destined to fail, and it did. And now we are left with alienated fans, a decimated squad and an unproven manager.

Yet the world beating team bossed by SOD had managed 3 wins in 8 months?

But hey lets put it all down to experiment.... NEXT!

And what did Saunders and his team of superstars achieve? Bottom of the league by a mile, pissed off supporters, a divided dressing room and a once admired team turned into the laughing stock of English football once again.
I would rather us have gone down with dignity with our own players and a manager proven at league level.

Not really.... in your head it did!

Remember people were going to protest about the involvement of Mckay?

Based on b*llocks written in a newspaper.

When I asked individuals what they were going to protest about and told them the REAL story they didnt know what they protesting about!

McKay was asked to the club by the board so in essence they were protesting against JR, when put logically they understood and understood it was nonsense!

In my head? So I imagined us finishing bottom of the league by a country mile? I imagined us being mocked on every other club's forums? Supporters are pissed off as this forum proves, and the dressing room was divided as  can be proved by certain players comments after our relegation.

I suppose if we end up relegated again next season with another failed experiment you'll still be shouting from the rooftops in praise of everything that happens?

Christ, I bet you even gave Richardson a standing ovation!

Again you mention Richardson? Unreal...Thus comparing the situation absolute insult and you should be ashamed!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 05, 2012, 10:59:45 pm by donnyroversfc »
The best thing for all of you to do is attend the event on the 18th and raise your concerns there in a reasonable and grown up manner, without resorting to personal insults (if that`s possible), I just get the feeling that the biggest mouths will not be heard through their non attendance, they`ll still have plenty to say on here though!

I'd prefer something like what Crofty suggested... Where we can submit questions to the VSC directors and they ask for us... I ain't going to the fans forum, i dont want to simply because of the abuse i received on here. People can be idiot, i dont want to end up being judged just from my posts on here and end up with trouble at games...

The problem Donnyrovers is you dont listen to facts and never come up with solutions?

What would you have done?

Already gave you an answer to that earlier on in the thread...

I DO listen to facts, i think it's you who doesn't.

For the record i couldn't give a shit that we got relegated this season, i expected it. Before the season even started.

It's the way it happened. It's been a disgrace and an insult to football and our fans.

Both Blackburn Rovers and Doncaster Rovers this season relied on ONE football agent for players, and gave them big parts to play in the clubs signings... BOTH were relegated and BOTH had very pissed off fans.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 05, 2012, 11:03:38 pm by donnyroversfc »
The best thing for all of you to do is attend the event on the 18th and raise your concerns there in a reasonable and grown up manner, without resorting to personal insults (if that`s possible), I just get the feeling that the biggest mouths will not be heard through their non attendance, they`ll still have plenty to say on here though!

I'd prefer something like what Crofty suggested... Where we can submit questions to the VSC directors and they ask for us... I ain't going to the fans forum, i dont want to simply because of the abuse i received on here. People can be idiot, i dont want to end up being judged just from my posts on here and end up with trouble at games...

Have the courage to follow your convictions, don`t shy away, do you really think that some one is going to t**t you at an organised event at the KM? You have some strong views, here`s your chance to ask the questions direct and you`re declining that chance, preferring to let some one else fire your bullets!

It's not at the actual event that i'm worried about... People hold grudges, people can be idiots... It's at the actual games that i worry trouble could happen, after my identity would be revealed at the fans forum.

I'm not being cowardly or anything, i just dont want to open myself up for any trouble that may happen because of my opinions. We all know how easy it is for things to get out of hand.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 05, 2012, 11:03:57 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

The problem Donnyrovers is you dont listen to facts and never come up with solutions?

What would you have done?

Already gave you an answer to that earlier on in the thread...

I DO listen to facts, i think it's you who doesn't.

For the record i couldn't give a shit that we got relegated this season, i expected it. Before the season even started.

It's the way it happened. It's been a disgrace and an insult to football and our fans.

Both Blackburn Rovers and Doncaster Rovers this season relied on ONE football agent for players, and gave them big parts to play in the clubs signings... BOTH were relegated and BOTH had very pissed off fans.

I conceded the reason it didnt work was due to a split which as I say takes two to tango and resolve!

The image I took away from the season was Leeds away when we scored Hayter was the only person in camera shot and he looked as miserable as sin!

The concept was a great one however and I am glad we tried it rather gone meekly down!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 05, 2012, 11:09:48 pm by Filo »

Have the courage to follow your convictions, don`t shy away, do you really think that some one is going to t**t you at an organised event at the KM? You have some strong views, here`s your chance to ask the questions direct and you`re declining that chance, preferring to let some one else fire your bullets!

It's not at the actual event that i'm worried about... People hold grudges, people can be idiots... It's at the actual games that i worry trouble could happen, after my identity would be revealed at the fans forum.

I'm not being cowardly or anything, i just dont want to open myself up for any trouble that may happen because of my opinions. We all know how easy it is for things to get out of hand.

You`ve demonstrated that in many post`s over the last few months and even in this thread, you`d get a damn sight more respect if you attended and asked the questions than hiding anonymously behind a user name on an internet forum

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 05, 2012, 11:50:49 pm by Chris »
Accept that relegation was likely. Rebuild in League One under Sean O'Driscoll.

Your words earlier Chris!!!

My words, not O'Driscoll's. (Assuming that is your point...)

So you as a board member would be happy to accept this situation would you?
If that is the case then all I can say is thank god you aren't !!!

Happy? No.

So if the board aren't happy then surely you would expect them to do something about it?

I don't think that "something" should have been to replace O'Driscoll with Saunders.

So you are changing your argument now then. You stated you would have kept SOD.

I was repeating that point. I wouldn't have changed manager.

So you would have been happy to watch your team continuing losing games and getting relegated.

Crazy.
[/quote]

How about you apply some thought before commenting. I have zero confidence in Saunders' ability as a manager. I had (and still do) have a lot of confidence in O'Driscoll's ability as a manager and would, therefore, rather have him in charge of the team (then and now). Do you have confidence in Dean Saunders and if so, why?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 06, 2012, 12:29:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The Experiment didn't work as we all know,when the decision was made i thought it was a Chairman/Director sort of decision,the sort where they think they know a lot about football and they don't,Len Shackleton had it right leaving a blank page for the average knowledge of Directors or chairman!!,In my opinion Dean will have been told we've got an agent that can get us some good quality signings on the loan system,he's thought great i need a player in this position,and maybe this one,he was probably thinking three or four new players just to freshen things up,and of a quality that wouldn't usually sign for Donny,he will have thought this might buy me time then next season i can rebuild from a position of strength and still be in the Championship.

This is where it went wrong was when he was completely overwhelmed with players in all different positions that he didn't want,probably as a favour to the agent for helping him out,if they had just brought players in to cover positions that he needed,then the team spirit wouldn't have been effected,the amount of players that came in and out was like a Railway ticket foyer!!,this would surely have made it impossible to run training in a professional manner,i think the original idea was done in good faith but just got out of hand,and made a mockery of the managers efforts to improve things.In my opinion he had a next to impossible job to sort out the major problems he had been left with,for example player after player on the treatment table,which obviously said the physio work and fitness work wasn't right,he had a team that had next to no confidence,he also had to change the style of play to get some results,plus he also had his relative inexperience of a situation like this to overcome,no reserve team to check properly on match fitness of players.
It didn't work in the end,mainly because he had too many players to work with and couldn't forge a winning spirit among the players,plus all the other things listed,the players looked great on the team list,but the temporary nature of the transfers hurt the cohesiveness of the team.
Just to end we we're in the Conference not so long ago,and we would have thought anybody who said where we are now was off his head,we've had a massive disappointment but there's no reason why we can't bounce back if some tough decisions are made early,for example releasing players who are affordable from their contracts,so the manager can do his job,learn from last seasons mistakes and come back stronger for it-HERE'S TO THIS COMING SEASON AND HOPEFULLY FIRST TIME PROMOTION-COME ON YOU REDS!! :rtid:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:34:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 06, 2012, 10:51:15 am by dickos1 »

Happy? No.

So if the board aren't happy then surely you would expect them to do something about it?

I don't think that "something" should have been to replace O'Driscoll with Saunders.

So you would have been happy to watch your team continuing losing games and getting relegated.

Crazy.

How about you apply some thought before commenting. I have zero confidence in Saunders' ability as a manager. I had (and still do) have a lot of confidence in O'Driscoll's ability as a manager and would, therefore, rather have him in charge of the team (then and now). Do you have confidence in Dean Saunders and if so, why?
[/quote]

Did you have confidence in sod after 6 months?? Many people didn't, give the bloke a chance it's pathetic all this slagging him off. He took over a very difficult job, a side with the worst record in the country over the calendar year, a job that is getting more difficult every day.
What could another manager do with no money and over paid players that we can't get rid of?
Sod was a great manager but in the end he was failing, obvious to anyone who can look at it rationally. He got much longer than most other managers at other clubs would get, our record was truly awful.
We got a new manager and people won't give him the time of day for no reason whatsoever other than he couldn't get a side with a horrendous record winning every week.
Get real.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 06, 2012, 10:59:40 am by Filo »

Happy? No.

Crazy.

Did you have confidence in sod after 6 months?? Many people didn't, give the bloke a chance it's pathetic all this slagging him off. He took over a very difficult job, a side with the worst record in the country over the calendar year, a job that is getting more difficult every day.
What could another manager do with no money and over paid players that we can't get rid of?
Sod was a great manager but in the end he was failing, obvious to anyone who can look at it rationally. He got much longer than most other managers at other clubs would get, our record was truly awful.
We got a new manager and people won't give him the time of day for no reason whatsoever other than he couldn't get a side with a horrendous record winning every week.
Get real.
[/quote]

I think part of the reason for that is the manner and suddenness of the change in personnel, it happens to be Saunders that got the hot seat, it could have been any one and they`d have been treated with the same contempt, people don`t like change, it takes them out of their comfort zone, this is a classic example

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 06, 2012, 11:22:18 am by DonSkippy »
It was a gamble, it didn't pay off. How exactly are we in a worse position than if we had kept GO'D? We are in exactly the same position, relegated with a squad full of old, injured and overpaid players. Atleast they went down with a fight with this McKay plan, we would have been relegated long before then without it.

I'm all for sentiment, I love JO'C, Copps, Hayter, Hird and I even have a soft spot for Woods but it is laughable to think that they were better than Chimbonda, Diouf, Robert, Beye and Button/Ikeme last season. I'd go as far to say as Bagayoko and Bamogo were better than Hayter last season!

If I were the board in that position, i'd have done the same had the plan been presented to me, what exactly have they lost from giving it a go? I'd probably even do it again were we in the same situation.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 06, 2012, 11:50:03 am by SkellowRover »
This player is better then that player blah blah blah, same old shit different day and everyone of you overlook the main reason it failed........ Team Spirit.
I know for a fact that the dressing room was divided, infact the French lads kept mostly to themselves and only spoke in French!!!! So how do you expect to build team spirit and unite a team when the dressing room was split into 2 groups both speaking different languages and one of the groups didn't care for the club and were just here to use us as a stepping stone? Copps even highlighted some of this in an interview after the season had finsihed.
You could have a team full of superstars but if they aren't all reading from the same page and aren't willing to put everything on the line when they pull the shirt on then it's doomed to fail before a ball is even kicked. Yes we had 1-2 good results but hand on heart we all know we were lucky to get anything out of those games.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 06, 2012, 12:01:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
This player is better then that player blah blah blah, same old shit different day and everyone of you overlook the main reason it failed........ Team Spirit.
I know for a fact that the dressing room was divided, infact the French lads kept mostly to themselves and only spoke in French!!!! So how do you expect to build team spirit and unite a team when the dressing room was split into 2 groups both speaking different languages and one of the groups didn't care for the club and were just here to use us as a stepping stone? Copps even highlighted some of this in an interview after the season had finsihed.
You could have a team full of superstars but if they aren't all reading from the same page and aren't willing to put everything on the line when they pull the shirt on then it's doomed to fail before a ball is even kicked. Yes we had 1-2 good results but hand on heart we all know we were lucky to get anything out of those games.

Two to tango no good sulking "cos they have taken our jobs" if they were up to it in the first place there would be no need for them!

Spoke in French so what! Your going to do with your countrymen!

If it was a problem they should have gone through appropriate channels i.e. Dean not moaned and whinged!

Not saying its easy and when you cant understand a language you sometimes think they are talking about you but be a man about it and be pro active and learn some key phrases etc

Both as bad as each other in my opinion!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 06, 2012, 12:03:15 pm by dickos1 »
Lucky to beat Barnsley?
Against Leicester we were brilliant.
Anyhow all this is in the past, why can't we look forward and forget last year. Fergie almost got sacked early in his reign now look at him, just give the bloke a chance

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 06, 2012, 12:04:07 pm by tuffty »
Take it nobody has any info on the return of Dick and Terry then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Why does every thread have to turn into a slagging match? lets just all turn up at a pre arranged place and kick the F**k out of each other as it seems thats all people want to do rather than SUPPORT Donny.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 06, 2012, 12:19:41 pm by donnyroversfc »
I'm beginning to think that Dean Saunders was brought here for ONE reason, not to manage the team, but to be the scapegoat for the club and deflect the attention away from the real culprits and the reason last season was a total disaster - The Board + McKay + experiment.

I feel really sorry for him, he's deserved so much better! In his position, i'd probably walk. Would be our loss.

On the point about Dick and Tezza returning, i don't know and i don't care... Bunch of cowards who have left John Ryan in the lurch. They are as much to blame as he is. You could have all the money in the world, but it doesn't buy you common sense.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 06, 2012, 01:25:58 pm by SiBo »
Feel 'really sorry' for him??? He's the luckiest bloke on the planet! Handed a management job well out of his depth in the Championship wholly because his mate Willie needed him to implement his experiment. Yes he has been left to pick up an awful lot of pieces now the inevitable has occured but feel sorry for him? Not a hope in hell. He made his own bed and knew exactly what he was getting into. My only hope is that is learned a bit of humility and respect in the debacle of last season and won't spend the whole of next season telling us exactly what he is going to do that was so much better than the previous management team only then to fail to do any of it. Latest case in point being the reserve team that Paul Goodwin's suggested won't be happening anymore. Words words words words words. It's actions that count and Saunders continues to do nothing to suggest to me he is the right man to take us forward. Being realistic doesn't immediately equate to being negative.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 06, 2012, 01:32:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
On the point about the reserve team... He wants one, what do you expect him to do. Plan it himself, set it up himself and pay for it himself?

If the reserves isn't happening then it's another thing the board have not backed their manager with, and yet another thing that Saunders will get all the stick for instead of the real culprits.

We have alot of Stevie Wonder's supporting us it seems.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 06, 2012, 01:53:39 pm by SiBo »
Hang on, but aren't the reasons being given for no reserve team the same reason we pulled out of it in the first place, ie we couldn't afford it!? When Saunders started spouting off about the importance of a reserve team when he arrived, people were so quick to nail SOD for not having one yet but it's never been a case of either manager 'not being backed' we simply can't afford it with the depth of squad we have operated with over the past few seasons. If clubs don't fulfill reserve team fictures they get fined, so much better to not have that burden and just play behind closed doors friendlies, as SOD did and as DS did last season and farm the youth players out on loan. How is what Saunders is proposing now any different to what happened with Fairhurst, Fisher and Nelthorpe for example? It isn't. All it is is another example of DS opening his mouth and making promises he can't keep.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 06, 2012, 02:40:28 pm by Filo »
I'm beginning to think that Dean Saunders was brought here for ONE reason, not to manage the team, but to be the scapegoat for the club and deflect the attention away from the real culprits and the reason last season was a total disaster - The Board + McKay + experiment.

I feel really sorry for him, he's deserved so much better! In his position, i'd probably walk. Would be our loss.

On the point about Dick and Tezza returning, i don't know and i don't care... Bunch of cowards who have left John Ryan in the lurch. They are as much to blame as he is. You could have all the money in the world, but it doesn't buy you common sense.

This is my point earlier in the thread, you`re quick to label some one a coward behind a user name on an internet forum, but when the chance arises for you to attend a club forum and challenge these "cowards" you decline it! Now tell me who the coward is?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 06, 2012, 03:43:07 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
PG - Free Press tweeting 'New' board members be announced at the forum!

More the better help spread the burden!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 06, 2012, 03:47:47 pm by Filo »

Don`t get exited just yet, I detect a bit of Free press sensationalism, It`ll probably be Dick and Terry re joining the board

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 06, 2012, 03:53:23 pm by donnyroversfc »

This is my point earlier in the thread, you`re quick to label some one a coward behind a user name on an internet forum, but when the chance arises for you to attend a club forum and challenge these "cowards" you decline it! Now tell me who the coward is?

I've already stated my reasons on why i wont be attending the fans forum in person Filo... It's also voluntary, i have chosen not to.

The board are 100% at fault and it shouldn't have to take comments from me (or anybody else on here for that matter) for them to realise it... Or do they realise it but like to pretend they aren't to blame? That wouldn't surprise me...

I'm not a coward that hides behind the internet, there is people on this forum that know who i am, i wouldn't have any problems in revealing my identity (Stars in your eyes style)in any other situation.

I noticed you only picked that part of my post to reply to and not the actual point i was making, which is that the board are hiding behind Saunders to save themselves being called out on their actual f***-ups and pathetic decisions they made themselves.

Everyday there is always something new from the club that certain fans can (unfairly) attribute the blame to Saunders for. It's wrong!

As i've already said, there is too many brown tongues on here who never speak out, even though deep down they probably know they should. So why should i.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 06, 2012, 03:54:18 pm by donnyroversfc »

IF they are 'new' board members, lets hope they are good decision makers and can kick people into shape!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 06, 2012, 04:18:01 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sure it will be Dick and Terry

Which is great news !!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 06, 2012, 04:58:53 pm by drfc1951 »
Maybe JRs mate Adam Pearson joining hopefully. Experienced in running stadium.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 06, 2012, 05:09:46 pm by Alickismyhero »

Donnyroversfc,
I can go along with a great deal of what you say perhaps not using the same words though.

I did not like the new regime as it made us a laughing stock in the end  and yet under Sean we were a very respected club.

When it comes to Sean saying to JR "I can't cope any more" and that was the reason for sacking him, we only have JR's version of it.

JR did make a mistake and I am sure he did it as he thought it was the best way to go for the club. We can all be right with the benefit of hindsight. Would he apologise? I don't think so because it would undermine the current management team.

I would challenge JR's interpretation. The truth will come out probably when Sean's book is published in the future. The Board should give Sean the right of reply but he is too much of a gentleman to take advantage of it.

I happen to know that Sean found the most hurtful part of it all, not the sacking but  when Deano and WM placed all the blame on Sean for the state of the club. It was disrespectful and created a get out for the new regimes failure which inevitability happened.

We all have to move on but I would like the club to stop making disparaging remarks and pointing the finger at Sean O'Driscoll for the position we are now in, he deserves better. You can fool some of the supporters some of the time but not all of the supporters all of the time. The spin has to stop.

Deano you had enough games and premier league players at your disposal to avoid the drop the buck stops with you. You are now your own man, there is no where to hide and you will be judged accordingly. Just remember when the Chairman says “His job is safe” the end is nigh.

Back to the topic, I am totally mystified as to why Bramall and Watson are back I can only think that they will use their experience in making a profit for the club out of the stadium now we have it????

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 06, 2012, 05:19:57 pm by newyankee »

Alicks

I think they are back because of ONE move made by John Ryan, that of replacing inept Mr Morris with the go ahead Gavin Baldwin. Had that not happened I don't think they would be anywhere near tjhe Keepmoat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 06, 2012, 06:11:14 pm by dickos1 »

Donnyroversfc,
I can go along with a great deal of what you say perhaps not using the same words though.

I did not like the new regime as it made us a laughing stock in the end  and yet under Sean we were a very respected club.

When it comes to Sean saying to JR "I can't cope any more" and that was the reason for sacking him, we only have JR's version of it.

JR did make a mistake and I am sure he did it as he thought it was the best way to go for the club. We can all be right with the benefit of hindsight. Would he apologise? I don't think so because it would undermine the current management team.

I would challenge JR's interpretation. The truth will come out probably when Sean's book is published in the future. The Board should give Sean the right of reply but he is too much of a gentleman to take advantage of it.

I happen to know that Sean found the most hurtful part of it all, not the sacking but  when Deano and WM placed all the blame on Sean for the state of the club. It was disrespectful and created a get out for the new regimes failure which inevitability happened.

We all have to move on but I would like the club to stop making disparaging remarks and pointing the finger at Sean O'Driscoll for the position we are now in, he deserves better. You can fool some of the supporters some of the time but not all of the supporters all of the time. The spin has to stop.

Deano you had enough games and premier league players at your disposal to avoid the drop the buck stops with you. You are now your own man, there is no where to hide and you will be judged accordingly. Just remember when the Chairman says “His job is safe” the end is nigh.

Back to the topic, I am totally mystified as to why Bramall and Watson are back I can only think that they will use their experience in making a profit for the club out of the stadium now we have it????

Sod also blamed Penney when he joined the club for the state it was in. It's what happens at every club, no dramatic new drama!

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 06, 2012, 06:13:53 pm by SiBo »
Errrr no he didn't? In fact I think you will find he often praised what DP had achieved and talked about building on it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 06, 2012, 07:06:26 pm by dickos1 »
Errrrrr yes he did. Constantly said they hard to work hard to get the club more professional behind the scenes and was shocked at the lack of professionalism within the club.
By the way Saunders has said many good things about sod, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012