Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:54:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An interesting consequence...  (Read 60402 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Re: An interesting consequence...
« Reply #150 on June 13, 2012, 10:18:49 pm by mjdgreg »
My arguement has always been from day one that we should wait and see what happens.

Good job some of us engage our brains and don't just wait and see what happens. For example, letting your child put it's hand in the fire and waiting to see what happens is not a good idea.

Saunders out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:54:53 pm by mjdgreg »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on June 13, 2012, 10:27:51 pm by dickos1 »
Well if jr had listened to muppets with attitudes like yours early in sods tenure then we wouldn't have achieved what we have over the last 4 years.
Go figure

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 13, 2012, 10:28:17 pm by mjdgreg »
People like yourself were ranting and raving the minute sod left, as I said earlier we were failing dramatically the board tried to repair the damage and stop further damage but in the end it didn't work.
The way you go on its like you think jr did it on purpose, that he wanted us to go down, it's ridiculous.

You should have written:

People like madmick were very wise and could foresee what was going to happen. He stated his position very clearly the minute SOD left which is great credit to him. He didn't do what Dickos, Wellred etc. did and stick his head up his arse and hope for the best.

He soldiered on despite unbelievable abuse from all the head up their arse merchants. He even left the forum because his home truths were starting to upset JR. If only JR had listened to him we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

Saunders out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:54:29 pm by mjdgreg »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on June 13, 2012, 10:32:07 pm by dickos1 »
Great credit!! To want a manager to fail before a ball has been kicked? What a great example of a supporter you are Michael.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 13, 2012, 10:37:22 pm by mjdgreg »
Great credit!! To want a manager to fail before a ball has been kicked? What a great example of a supporter you are Michael.

madmick never said he wanted Saunders to fail. He just predicted that he would  as any fool could have done. He even said Alex Ferguson could not have succeeded with the 'experiment'.

Saunders out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:54:09 pm by mjdgreg »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 13, 2012, 10:44:56 pm by dickos1 »
You've wanted Saunders out from day one. If you admit fergie couldn't have succeeded why on earth do you sign off from every post "Saunders out"
Surely your admitting it's not his fault because he had an impossible job.
Massive contradiction Michael

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on June 13, 2012, 10:49:34 pm by mjdgreg »
You've wanted Saunders out from day one. If you admit fergie couldn't have succeeded why on earth do you sign off from every post "Saunders out"
Surely your admitting it's not his fault because he had an impossible job.
Massive contradiction Michael

madmick wanted Saunders out from day one because he could see that if Saunders thought the strategy would work he must be a clown. During the season Saunders then proved beyond doubt that he is indeed a clown. Thanks for the reminder.

Saunders out!!!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 13, 2012, 10:54:47 pm by hoolahoop »
Accusing someone of not knowing their football and then saying Chimbonda's link up play with Coppis was 'breath taking'?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :silly:

JO'C and Copps link-up play has been breath taking the majority of the time.

JOC was awful last year and reacted very poorly to competition.

You cant live on previous seasons

JO'C has been bad for a while, i think probably due to the fact he had to play in all the defensive positions at times due to injuries.

Chimbonda is still shite though and did fcuk all with us, i think you know that too but are just fishing.

He had some brill games, sadly I concede he was never really consistently fit.

But then again why would we have got him a player of such quality?

Because he's shit now and we were probably at his level.

Never consistently fit sums him up. He wasn't a very good signing lets get that straight for starters.

Never agree with him being shit clearly he wasnt based upon performances.

Just never fit....

So not a good signing then was he...

£2k a week when other contracted players like Stock/ Woods etc on loads more and been injured for much for the championship campaign

Chance you take !

Every signing is a gamble. A club in our position last season though should not have been wasting any amount of money on a player like him and as injury prone as he is, not in the short term anyway... He was signed mainly not as a benefit to us, more a benefit to himself and his agent/the man that brought him to the club. We already had 2 RB's ffs, money better spent elsewhere.

On paper should have worked....

Certainly dont regret we did it

Certainly dont think any permanent damage done?

Badly wrong on all 3 counts Norfolk.......................sadly.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 13, 2012, 11:01:53 pm by dickos1 »
Of course yes it's Saunders fault for accepting a job from a club 3 leagues above his current club.
What an idiot for showing ambition, anybody in their right mind would have accepted a job in the championship when they're currently in the conference.
Only someone lacking in ambition and not confident in their own ability would do that. Maybe that describes you, I don't know.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 13, 2012, 11:05:32 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Accusing someone of not knowing their football and then saying Chimbonda's link up play with Coppis was 'breath taking'?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :silly:

JO'C and Copps link-up play has been breath taking the majority of the time.

JOC was awful last year and reacted very poorly to competition.

You cant live on previous seasons

JO'C has been bad for a while, i think probably due to the fact he had to play in all the defensive positions at times due to injuries.

Chimbonda is still shite though and did fcuk all with us, i think you know that too but are just fishing.

He had some brill games, sadly I concede he was never really consistently fit.

But then again why would we have got him a player of such quality?

Because he's shit now and we were probably at his level.

Never consistently fit sums him up. He wasn't a very good signing lets get that straight for starters.

Never agree with him being shit clearly he wasnt based upon performances.

Just never fit....

So not a good signing then was he...

£2k a week when other contracted players like Stock/ Woods etc on loads more and been injured for much for the championship campaign

Chance you take !

Every signing is a gamble. A club in our position last season though should not have been wasting any amount of money on a player like him and as injury prone as he is, not in the short term anyway... He was signed mainly not as a benefit to us, more a benefit to himself and his agent/the man that brought him to the club. We already had 2 RB's ffs, money better spent elsewhere.

On paper should have worked....

Certainly dont regret we did it

Certainly dont think any permanent damage done?

Badly wrong on all 3 counts Norfolk.......................sadly.

Sadly all three? Cos they are leaving in there millions arent they?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 13, 2012, 11:30:18 pm by hoolahoop »
There is permanent damage Norfolk, I would liken our club to the Titanic racing  away at a rate of knots, hitting the iceberg and well you know the rest of the story ........... :suicide:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 13, 2012, 11:32:28 pm by dickos1 »
How can anyone predict if the damage is permanent or not? Surely that can only be identified in a year or so

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on June 13, 2012, 11:32:38 pm by donnyroversfc »
There is permanent damage Norfolk, I would liken our club to the Titanic racing  away at a rate of knots, hitting the iceberg and well you know the rest of the story ........... :suicide:

Lets hope we are Rose, and survive :p

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 13, 2012, 11:36:18 pm by MachoMadness »
My stance on the expirment has always been, it was a necessary risk. The key work is 'experiment', it wasn't called 'The McKay guarantee' was it? Hindsight is 20/20 but people seem to have forgotten how bad we were under SO'D at the end. We hadn't won a game in about 6 months and this passing football that we liked so much was certainly nowhere to be found, so we didn't even have that to enjoy.

However, the way we f**ked up sacking SO'D and hiring DS meant that a lot of people were against it from the start. It's easy to say we failed now, but back then it was time for something drastic, just too bad that even that wasn't enough.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 13, 2012, 11:51:54 pm by BobG »
:):):)

What a fun thread this is to be sure, to be sure....

On the one hand QED.

On the other hand, Mystic Norfolk gets more like the Trawler and Seagull spouting Frenchman every day that passes. I'm afraid I've never had a chance to learn your lingo Norfolk. Will you attach a translation, please, each time you post?

And on your third hand, it's absolutely staggering how often people read posts as saying what their own preconceptions tell them the posts say - rather than what the words in the posts actually do say. There are upwards of 20 examples in this thread alone.

For those of you who can't bring yourself to accept that DS arived here purely because of the experiment, fair enough. One day you'll learn you're wrong. DS came because our wonderful agent had got inside the heads of the KM2, who then decided to go for his experiment, forced John into a U turn about SOD and accepted the Scotsman advice about who to appoint in his place. JR's only knowledge of DS before he appointed him was that he played for Liverpool and Wales. DS came as a direct result of the role played by said Scotsman, his friendship with him, and, the newly exercised power of the KM2.

And that, ladies and gents, nicely leads me back to the clowns on here who are wilfully misrepresenting my statements and opinions about what JR should do now. As I have tried to make clear, it's not up to any of us to make John's decisions for him. Yet 90% of the people on here demand, shout, insist, he has to stay. I think that is a wholly and entirely selfish attitude. An attitude designed to safeguard the ambitions of the posters - not the well being of JR. If he wants to stay - fine - though he's lost the ability to do now what he once did. But none of us has any business trying to make up his mind for him.

BobG
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:57:01 pm by BobG »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 14, 2012, 12:04:06 am by dickos1 »
You must be a very gifted man bob to know what knowledge John had of dean.
I for one have never read any comments on this forum from anyone demanding John must stay. Nobody would have a bad word to say about him if he decided tomorrow he wanted to jack it in. But insinuating he should now jack it in is a completely different matter.
As for your 3rd paragraph this is all you opinion but you portray it as fact to gain believers, how do you know McKay got into the heads of the km2? How do you know they forced John into a uturn? How do you know he took mckays advice on dean?
Like I said its your take on the situation yet you try and portray it as fact..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 14, 2012, 01:54:26 am by RedJ »
Never abused anyone's cock.

I should hope not.

Saunders out!!!!

nice and mature there Mick :)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 14, 2012, 07:19:51 am by mjdgreg »
Nice and mature there mjdgreg.

Thank you for your kind words.

Saunders out!!!!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 14, 2012, 07:24:02 am by mjdgreg »
As for your 3rd paragraph this is all you opinion but you portray it as fact to gain believers, how do you know McKay got into the heads of the km2? How do you know they forced John into a uturn? How do you know he took mckays advice on dean?

I'm a believer. Makes perfect sense to me.

Saunders out!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on June 14, 2012, 07:27:10 am by dickos1 »
Exactly my point.. Your just gaining all your opinions on presumption.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on June 14, 2012, 11:35:36 pm by BobG »
You must be a very gifted man bob to know what knowledge John had of dean.
I for one have never read any comments on this forum from anyone demanding John must stay. Nobody would have a bad word to say about him if he decided tomorrow he wanted to jack it in. But insinuating he should now jack it in is a completely different matter.
Like I said its your take on the situation yet you try and portray it as fact..

No. Not gifted dickos. Just well informed. I put effort into it and I take great pains too. Unlike most. You can disbelieve it if you want to. It's your loss.

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on June 15, 2012, 12:03:24 am by dickos1 »
Don't be so defensive bob,  its not my loss and I'm certainly not saying I don't believe you, but you do say a lot of things without any evidence to back it up.
Today we made a decent signing which is contrary to what you said was going to happen a few weeks ago.
Another example is you say people are demanding jr to stay possibly against his wishes, but I read this forum almost everyday and I've never read such a post.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 15, 2012, 12:11:36 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Cant we just move on?

No please can we?

Fresh start this season!

Deano deserves his chance ....People dismiss him as a failure...look at the facts played at the highest level inc international and started at the bottom when many like Bryan Robson etc just get jobs handed to them!

Look at his record ...Left Wrexham at the top of the league ??

Dean has played for the one of best team in history of football, Liverpool and international football... who the f*** are we to dismiss him?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on June 15, 2012, 10:30:18 am by drfcsteve »
Does no one remember the radio Sheffield interview John Ryan did? He talked about how he'd been watching Sean O'Driscoll since 2004 when Bournemouth beat us 5-0, and how he knew he was the right man for the job. On Saunders he said he didn't know that much of him and that he was "recommended" to him, by who I wonder.

Anyone who thinks Saunders got his 3 league promotion on merit and not because of McKay clearly can't use their brain to connect the dots.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on June 15, 2012, 10:37:31 am by Donnybob »
Lots of players have distinguished playing careers but turn out to be crap managers. He's had his chance for me. Sorry. Talked the talk but didn't do the walk, which he should have last month.

If he leads us back into the Championship I'll happily say I was wrong but last season he delivered nothing but failure heaped on failure and that gives me every right to judge him.

He didn't give a shit about Donny before we scooped him up from obscurity, nor will he give one after we sack him, which we will one day soon. For that is always the way in football.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 15, 2012, 10:39:37 am by Wild Rover »
Does no one remember the radio Sheffield interview John Ryan did? He talked about how he'd been watching Sean O'Driscoll since 2004 when Bournemouth beat us 5-0, and how he knew he was the right man for the job. On Saunders he said he didn't know that much of him and that he was "recommended" to him, by who I wonder.

Anyone who thinks Saunders got his 3 league promotion on merit and not because of McKay clearly can't use their brain to connect the dots.

Well here is one i can clear up. The recommendation of Dean Saunders came from a certain G. Souness.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on June 15, 2012, 11:14:12 am by Norfolk N Chance »
One question remains and is an indicator how hard the Championship is.....

Why was it the best manger this club has ever had only won 3 games in 9 months?

Answer ....cos we were out of our depth!

Thus how the hell can we judge Saunders ?

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 15, 2012, 01:34:29 pm by Donnybob »
Easily. He was brought in to get us promotion. JR boasted he had not ruled out the play-offs this season but expected nothing less the following season. And lest you forget, these quotes came from the donkey's mouth:

'I’m so excited by this challenge'

'There are all sorts of things wrong with the club that I can put right'

'I know what is needed with the team. I know what our faults are'

'I know I can get a winning team on the pitch'

'We have got nothing to fear in this league. We have matched every team we have played'

'I hadn’t gone 19 games without a win so my mind was quite clear and I was positive about winning. That’s why sometimes a new manager has an effect on players'

'I don’t have to be scrambling around like a lunatic trying to get loads of players in'

'My job is to change the personnel and get people in who can do their jobs properly'

'I believe Rovers have a plethora of potential match winners in their side'

'I think Billy will be staying with us until the end of the season - at least I am hoping he will. He’s not going to any of the clubs who have come in for him at the moment'

'I’m confident we can go anywhere and get a result'

That's how you can judge Saunders, hoist by his own petard' but please, don't wind me up and get me going. I'm trying to forget what's happening at this club right now. I want to wake up one morning and find it was just a nightmare...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 15, 2012, 02:43:27 pm by dickos1 »
So he should have come in and said were rubbish I'm rubbish I think we will go down, I can't see us winning many games to be honest.
Give over

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 15, 2012, 02:51:08 pm by Chris »
One question remains and is an indicator how hard the Championship is.....

Why was it the best manger this club has ever had only won 3 games in 9 months?

Answer ....cos we were out of our depth!

Thus how the hell can we judge Saunders ?

If the Championship is such a hard league, to the extent that we can't "judge" Saunders, then what the hell was the club doing "judging" Sean O'Driscoll as the wrong man for the club?! You can't criticise a manager for having a poor run in the Championship and then claim it's unfair to criticise a different manager for having a poor run in the same damn league.

I've been convinced since the day the decision was made that Dean Saunders didn't get the job because of footballing reasons.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:54:32 pm by Chris »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012