Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:42:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stock  (Read 13699 times)

stevedrfc

• Forum Member
Stock
« on July 02, 2012, 09:05:03 am by stevedrfc »
Just to let you all no Brian stock is going to burnley. I have heard this from my mate who works at rovers and who told me about diouf, Barnes and others and he was right on them all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Shornton

• Forum Member
Re: Stock
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2012, 09:08:12 am by Shornton »
 :zzz:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2012, 09:53:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A rumour we've heard tonnes of times and every time I ask, why would Burnley want Stock?  Very good player on his day, but he's not getting younger, has injury problems and well it would surprise me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2012, 10:19:04 am by Filo »
If some one keeps saying it often enough, it might happen, he`s been going to Burnley every transfer window for the last two years, with his injury record I`d be surprised if any one would pay money for him

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2012, 10:25:24 am by The L J Monk »
To be fair to stevedrfc he did come on here and tell us we were signing: Brown; Euell; Barnes; and one or two others, before it was public knowledge.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2012, 10:33:17 am by Filo »
I would n`t be overly fussed if he did leave, we simply don`t get enough games out of him a season

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2012, 10:45:16 am by roverstillidie91 »
To be honest i think this would be a good move

probably one of the higher earners at the club which we need to get off the wage bill

plus on his day a great player but is just another unlucky player who seems to get injuries

and to get a fee for him would be pretty good business

& would enable us to get 3 or 4 players in for what he is on

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2012, 10:45:36 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Great player but always injuried

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 02, 2012, 10:48:19 am by A9 »
I think Burnley are the only team who would sign him, friends tend to overlook medical history more than others, and Stock would know he'd settle there.  They will have to take a gamble on him and I can't see any other Championship club bothering. I'd love him to stay and I think he will.

Its a bit like Copps, at his age, Clubs would look further into medicals and given the age of austerity might not want to take the risk (for the money).

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 02, 2012, 10:58:29 am by The Red Baron »

I'm not sure how well Stock would fit in to the type of game we're likely to play (higher tempo, more pressing etc) next season. However to say he is "always injured" is simply not true. Steve Brooker was "always injured"- you can't put a bloke who played in over half your games last season (and 75% in the season before) into that category.

You might as well say that George Friend is "always injured" as he has missed significant chunks of the last two seasons. Ditto Tommy Spurr for last season.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 02, 2012, 11:14:20 am by PaulRover08 »

I'm not sure how well Stock would fit in to the type of game we're likely to play (higher tempo, more pressing etc) next season. However to say he is "always injured" is simply not true. Steve Brooker was "always injured"- you can't put a bloke who played in over half your games last season (and 75% in the season before) into that category.

You might as well say that George Friend is "always injured" as he has missed significant chunks of the last two seasons. Ditto Tommy Spurr for last season.

The original post is correct this time. Stock told me himself at the gym on Friday. He did say to keep it under wraps until it is announced though so hence not posting it. Cats out of bag now though. He said all is agreed.

GVARover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 02, 2012, 11:45:11 am by GVARover »
If move happens then got to say good luck to the lad - we've had the benefit of a very good player for several seasons and his moving on now can only help the rebuilding as we see a younger Rovers team coming together

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 02, 2012, 02:16:20 pm by vietaff »
I would n`t be overly fussed if he did leave, we simply don`t get enough games out of him a season

An average of 36 games per season for Donny would indicate this isnt true, also last year he made 31 appearences, this was due to having ankle surgery at the start of the season that was to enable him to prolong his career. I may be wrong, im sure someone will know, but hasnt it been october 2010 since Donny last won when Stocky wasnt playing??

For me, keeping Stocky is important if the club is to get back up first time round.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 02, 2012, 02:18:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Stock's top of the list of players I'm fine with us offloading, his injuries have simply taken too much of a toll.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 02, 2012, 02:31:17 pm by dijit8 »
Good luck to him if its true.
Did well for us and we probably had the best from him.
His wages will free up some much needed funds.

Stock played a lot more games last year than people seem to think (Martis and Woods missed lots more) but i do think his injuries have taken a toll on his game a bit.
Still a good player but with the nature of his injuries in the past i feel his best days are behind him. (hope he proves me wrong though)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 02, 2012, 02:42:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Fee?

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 02, 2012, 03:17:15 pm by donny dave »
Anyone coming the other way?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 02, 2012, 06:04:23 pm by mushRTID »
Quality, quality player. I will be gutted to see him go.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 02, 2012, 06:42:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
His contribution to our success was huge and I wish him all the best.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 02, 2012, 06:54:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quiet, unassuming bloke. Good luck Stocky lad, you've earned it!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 02, 2012, 07:49:03 pm by coventryrover »
absolutely class act and good bloke.  would love him to stay but if he can remain in the championship then good luck to him

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 02, 2012, 10:51:47 pm by godlike1 »
So much for him "wanting to end his career with us" then. Is it me or should that not include any division we are in especially after the club have both help to resurrect his career which was going no where until sod signed him from Preston and then rivers have also stood by him on all the Injuries he has had.

The only benefit we can gain from this is that there should be a fee and step 1 in reducing wages so hopefully deano will approach one of the lads released and get another player in but on less money

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 02, 2012, 10:55:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
So much for him "wanting to end his career with us" then. Is it me or should that not include any division we are in especially after the club have both help to resurrect his career which was going no where until sod signed him from Preston and then rivers have also stood by him on all the Injuries he has had.

The only benefit we can gain from this is that there should be a fee and step 1 in reducing wages so hopefully deano will approach one of the lads released and get another player in but on less money

Bit harsh on back of rumour!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 02, 2012, 10:56:20 pm by Alan_Rovers »
When you think that the likes of West Brom were sniffing around and quoting a million pounds for him a few years ago, we have done well to keep his for as long as we have.

Good luck to him, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find an equally as good replacement for him at a cheaper price, as his best days are behind him.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 03, 2012, 06:49:42 am by godlike1 »

Bit harsh on back of rumour!

Maybe but it just proves that we should take anything someone says in football wih a pinch of salt seeing as there always seems to be a hidden agenda. I have a feeling his rumour is true though as its v rare that paulrover has posted something like this. I would be b v surprised if copps was not the next to go if I'm honest because he article in the star is almost a shout of

"hey everyone (well paul jewell) don't forget that I'm still here and waiting for your call and offer"

Sinical of me? Yes but I think we have to take that approach sometimes to avoid being disappointed and thinking that the players put rovers first and not themselves and families
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:57:56 am by godlike1 »

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 03, 2012, 07:12:57 am by jonnydog »
When I read the Copps thing, I thought it sounded like that I'll be totally honest.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 03, 2012, 09:53:15 am by PaulRover08 »
Its deffo true unless the player himself is lying to me and 2 others. The only way he'll be staying now is if he fails the medical. All terms were agreed he said.

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 03, 2012, 10:40:25 am by Stantheredandwhiteman »
'stevedrfc' is always a very reliable source so it looks like Stocky's leaving, good luck to him at Burnley. He's been quality for us and given us some great times. Also it will give us some funds to sign some more players up so it will probably liven the transfer window up abit.

Thanks Stocky.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 03, 2012, 11:07:52 am by bigbadjack »
heard the same thing from stevedrfc`s "source"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 03, 2012, 11:14:39 am by Filo »
The only way he'll be staying now is if he fails the medical.

All terms agreed on Friday, but still no word of a medical, maybe he failed the medical with his ongoing back problem and the deal has fallen through

TinyPortal © 2005-2012