Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:35:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dumbuya  (Read 8513 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Dumbuya
« on July 09, 2012, 03:24:54 pm by Donnybax »
On trial at Portsmouth

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Re: Dumbuya
« Reply #1 on July 09, 2012, 03:34:33 pm by craigdrfc »
Great going forward but couldn't defend to save his life IMHO

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 09, 2012, 03:49:12 pm by 1879Rovers »
I really liked him and how he couldn't get in a losing side last season is a mystery.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 09, 2012, 03:54:44 pm by 1879Rovers »
Just listening to their manager on Sky. Only 8 players turned up for training and 4 of them were trialists.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 09, 2012, 03:56:20 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Dumbuya is one of the worst players to play for us in the last few years. I'd rather have a half fit Jimmy O'Connor in the team than Dumbuya. At least JOC understands the concept of defending properly.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 09, 2012, 03:56:36 pm by dknward2 »
should be in 1st team every week then could be a long hard season for the pompy fans

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 09, 2012, 04:01:59 pm by PaulRover08 »
Dumbuya is one of the worst players to play for us in the last few years. I'd rather have a half fit Jimmy O'Connor in the team than Dumbuya. At least JOC understands the concept of defending properly.

Totally correct. Could never understand the fascination with him. Can't defend, offered little going forward except for pace. Its no good having pace if you can't dribble, pass, cross or shoot.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 09, 2012, 04:05:06 pm by jonnydog »
Fascinating how people's opinions of players are all different!

... Except for agreement that Oster was utter gash of course.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 09, 2012, 04:07:34 pm by MachoMadness »
He always struck as me as the sort of player where he needed the players around him to play well in order to have the freedom to play to his strengths. He fit well into a SO'D type team where it was total football and players would track back to cover for him, or provide space for him to run into going forward, but in a team of relegation scrappers he'd never fit in.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 09, 2012, 04:25:35 pm by streatham dave »
Great player  most games IMHO

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 09, 2012, 04:49:27 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Is anyone else quite surprised that SO'D hasn't tried to sign Dumbuya?

Free agent. London lad. Crawley not too far from London.....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 09, 2012, 05:46:48 pm by silent majority »
Portsmouth can't sign him, or anybody else yet, they are still under transfer embargo by the FL.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 09, 2012, 11:19:47 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He's got a lot of potential to be one of the better attacking full-backs,especially in the lower leagues,i just think he needs the right manager to point out the little things he needs to tweak in his game to get there!!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 10, 2012, 12:01:35 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Not sure when his last full appearance for Rovers was, but I seem to recall it being soon after the West Ham home game which puzzled me because he had an outstanding game and looked one of the best players on the pitch.

Positionally, Dumbuya was a bit wet behind the ears at times, but it's wrong to dismiss the lad as pants. He delivered some cracking performances for us along the way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 10, 2012, 12:11:07 am by Filo »
Not sure when his last full appearance for Rovers was, but I seem to recall it being soon after the West Ham home game which puzzled me because he had an outstanding game and looked one of the best players on the pitch.

Positionally, Dumbuya was a bit wet behind the ears at times, but it's wrong to dismiss the lad as pants. He delivered some cracking performances for us along the way.

Swansea when he had Dyer in his pocket in one half and then Sinclair in the other pocket in the other half!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 10, 2012, 12:20:51 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Swansea when he had Dyer in his pocket in one half and then Sinclair in the other pocket in the other half!

Good call. He was excellent in that game too.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 10, 2012, 12:39:48 am by RedJ »
was it Leeds in the Carling Cup? looked fantastic as a wing back

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 10, 2012, 10:01:24 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He was great at times, awful at others.  He was class against Swansea that game I remember but equally I remember away at Reading where he got beat time and time again.  I can see why he left and I can see why we'd let him.  We're tight on finances and in reality his position is not our weakest right now (we have 3 left backs and a right back).

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 10, 2012, 12:40:06 pm by Mike_F »
The Palace fans are probably better placed than us to comment on Mus last season as they saw much more of him and were very impressed on the whole. I'm surprised he hasn't turned up there but there's still time in the close season yet.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 10, 2012, 01:30:23 pm by eastender »
The Palace fans are probably better placed than us to comment on Mus last season as they saw much more of him and were very impressed on the whole. I'm surprised he hasn't turned up there but there's still time in the close season yet.

He actually only made 2 league and 1 FA cup appearances for Palace , where as as he made 14 appearances for us last season .
Unless of course you were being sarcastic.  :)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 10, 2012, 01:56:50 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Magniifcent first season where was winning MOTM most weeks.

SOD didnt help coming out staying silly thing like quite defend etc.

My observation are that he nearly alays recovered he position due to his lighting pace and very good going forward.

I beleive Rovers will regret this decision massively

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 10, 2012, 03:00:43 pm by Nudga »
Magniifcent first season where was winning MOTM most weeks.

SOD didnt help coming out staying silly thing like quite defend etc.

My observation are that he nearly alays recovered he position due to his lighting pace and very good going forward.

I beleive Rovers will regret this decision massively

I see you have just come back from a long stay in Uzbekistan Martin.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 10, 2012, 09:07:04 pm by grayx »
He's got a lot of potential to be one of the better attacking full-backs,especially in the lower leagues,i just think he needs the right manager to point out the little things he needs to tweak in his game to get there!!

I agree.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 11, 2012, 12:04:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
You'll see him a few years down the line,he'll get the right manager looking after him and will be sold for a few million quid,and that will be another load of money missed!!,He was probably the only signing that Sean signed for us with potential in mind that worked out,when we got him the scouts must have had a rocket up their a..e that week!!

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 11, 2012, 12:46:06 am by Viking Don »
Wanna bet? I'll be generous and give you 10/1
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:48:41 am by Viking Don »

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 11, 2012, 09:07:53 am by ditch_drfc »
Wish we'd recognise talent when it's right under our noses. Dumbuya is an incredible potential talent in my opinion. he can be a great player, just needs good management

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 11, 2012, 09:49:22 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wish we'd recognise talent when it's right under our noses. Dumbuya is an incredible potential talent in my opinion. he can be a great player, just needs good management

He's been a potential talent for 3 years though, bit like Gary Woods, sooner or later they have to force their way in, for whatever reason 3 managers have had him and not really fancied him, SOD criticised him, Freedman didn't go back for him and Saunders also let him go (though Saunders probably had little choice given the finances, didn't he say he'd made him an offer?)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 11, 2012, 10:07:33 am by ditch_drfc »
They did say they were in talks with him. But to be honest I can't see him turning an offer down...

Granted there must be something putting managers off if 3 have tried but don't like him. But I can't help but think that we might just see him one day playing at the top of the championship, wishing we'd have kept him.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #28 on July 11, 2012, 06:58:21 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Dumbuya is a long term prospect at best. He had his opportunity when SOD was here  and could not follow instructions  and was caught out of position too many times .

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 11, 2012, 07:05:40 pm by mattco »
Pompey want him apparently

TinyPortal © 2005-2012