Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:42:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gillett training with Portsmouth  (Read 3200 times)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
Gillett training with Portsmouth
« on July 16, 2012, 02:25:33 pm by 1879Rovers »
Just read that he has gone on tour with Portsmouth to Spain along with Mustapha Dumbuya.

http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287249

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Gillett training with Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on July 16, 2012, 04:19:36 pm by Filo »
The depths some folk will stoop for a free holiday!  :whistle:

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 16, 2012, 04:29:03 pm by 1879Rovers »
What I want to know is how a club that are totally skint be off for ten days in Spain.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 16, 2012, 07:18:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »
What I want to know is how a club that are totally skint be off for ten days in Spain.

Have they been collecting the Sun vouchers  :coat:

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 16, 2012, 07:31:40 pm by timdrfc »
Lloyd Sam, Isele McCloud & Brian Howard all training with Pompey as well !

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 16, 2012, 07:34:41 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Tell you what they're doing well for a skint club,i think it's long overdue somebody having a proper look at how they're doing it,they smell fishier than Grimsby docks!!! :laugh:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 16, 2012, 08:15:44 pm by silent majority »
Sorry to burst everybody's bubble but I spent a good hour or so last night chatting to the Chair of the Pompey Trust and you really have to feel for the bloke, his problems are immense and growing by the day. They have put in a bid for the club which is being supported by the local council and a few wealthy individuals but the time-scale and size of the problem is incredible. I have promised him my support whenever he needs it.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 16, 2012, 08:20:10 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No one wishes a club to go to the wall for their fans' sake Martin but you can understand the general feeling against them when having overspent not once but twice and now seemingly doing so again.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 16, 2012, 08:57:34 pm by keepmoatman »
Greg Halford‏@GregHalford15

For the people asking, no neither me or any of the senior players. Just youngsters and trialists have gone to Spain

Reading into that tweet it would seem yes Gilly and Dumbaya have gone to spain ..Slightly worrying if your a senior player though  :byebye:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 16, 2012, 09:31:46 pm by RedJ »
Training with them yes. They're both southerners, for all we know it could just be to stay fit. I know Pompey probably wouldn't want to pay out more than needs be for players they might not even keep, it could be incentive for them to stay put once the summer is over from the management. But still, it's not as if clubs don't do this a lot.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 16, 2012, 10:19:51 pm by silent majority »

For the people asking, no neither me or any of the senior players. Just youngsters and trialists have gone to Spain

Reading into that tweet it would seem yes Gilly and Dumbaya have gone to spain ..Slightly worrying if your a senior player though  :byebye:

They have to release all their senior players before the season starts, they can't afford to keep them. They haven't been paid since April and the trust, if successful, have to negotiate a severance deal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 16, 2012, 10:24:33 pm by Filo »

They have to release all their senior players before the season starts, they can't afford to keep them. They haven't been paid since April and the trust, if successful, have to negotiate a severance deal.

I think the gist of everyone`s anger is the fact that they`ve gone to the expense of going on a pre season tour of Spain when they`re skint, still spending money they have n`t got!

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 16, 2012, 11:57:32 pm by BRMC_rover »
Id have Mcleod and Howard here any day. They'd be good realistic targets for us that would do well in league 1.

Omar Koroma would be a good addition. He was playing for Norwich and Pomepey a few seasons ago before work permit problems meant leaving the country for a while. Currently on (dont quote me), non-contract terms at Forest Green. He's class, seen him play with my own mince pies.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 17, 2012, 01:03:11 am by RoversAlias »
The money for this tour has come from sponsors apparently, not a penny expended by the club for it.

Though surely said sponsors should be working to make sure there is a club to advertise them in the coming season? Not much good if you agree a deal saying "we'll pay for your tour if you put our name on the hoardings for the season" then finding there is no club to play matches in front of said hoardings.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012