Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:07:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Give Saunders a chance  (Read 17731 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Give Saunders a chance
« Reply #30 on July 25, 2012, 04:06:39 pm by Filo »
Fair comment, I`d forgot about Beye, but at a guess we`re still over budget with those two gone

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 25, 2012, 04:10:50 pm by Mr1Croft »
I don't think we can start pointing the fingers at Deano just yet. Admittedly I couldn't stand him for the mostpart last season, but after realising he is here to stay I have tried to warm to him and he has been making the right noises and what he has done so far (with very limited resources) in the transfer market looks promising, but that hasn't been carried onto the pitch just yet. So I am anxiously waiting for the rest of the pre-season to unfold and how we start next season.

But I do understand the message from this thread: The board has asked the fans to get behind Dean Saunders; time for them to do the same. Whether or not I agree with it, is an entirely different question...

pubteam

« Reply #32 on July 25, 2012, 04:20:15 pm by pubteam »
I don't think we can start pointing the fingers at Deano just yet. Admittedly I couldn't stand him for the mostpart last season, but after realising he is here to stay I have tried to warm to him and he has been making the right noises and what he has done so far (with very limited resources) in the transfer market looks promising, but that hasn't been carried onto the pitch just yet. So I am anxiously waiting for the rest of the pre-season to unfold and how we start next season.

But I do understand the message from this thread: The board has asked the fans to get behind Dean Saunders; time for them to do the same. Whether or not I agree with it, is an entirely different question...

I would say it has to an extent. Cotterill, Syers and perhaps to a lesser extent Blake have all made an impact so far in the friendlies. We've been let down really in all of the games by the lack of options in defence and the absence of a decent goalkeeper.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 25, 2012, 04:30:49 pm by SkellowRover »
You all talk sh*t, stop demanding from the KM2 because they are the saviours of the club and are not here for other reasons apart from their love of the club. They will dig deep into their pockets, you will see when we have the best squad in the division in 2 and a half weeks when the season kicks off against York, and the players we get will be so good technically and so fit they wouldn't have needed a preseason.

/sarcasm off

p.s. hopefully peoples rose tinted glasses are gradually slipping off.

Rather than post things you claim to know in a cryptic fashion, for the good of the club, you should reveal what you claim to know in plain laymans terms, that`s if you really care about the club, or do you care more about the "look at me I know something" attitude you seem to be creating for yourself

If you can't see for yourself that things aren't right with the fact we have a very small scratch squad with the exception of 2-3 players that is made up of high earners the club want gone, journeymen and 1st year pro kids with a little over 2 weeks to go until the season kicks off then i guess all must be rosy in the garden with our owners that are worth over half a billion pounds.
God help us if we get half a dozen players injured!

I can see for myself that at this moment the squad is not competitive, I`m not saying nor do I assume all is rosey in the garden, equally I don`t profess to know inside information, if I did and I thought it was to the detriment and well being of the club, I would speak out, I would n`t keep things cryptic and tell people to work things out for themselves, nor do I have or claim to have a contact at the club. Now either what you`re saying is your opinion or, it`s facts that you already know, if it`s the latter, for the greater good of the club you should come clean, otherwise make it clearer it`s you`re opinion and stop making out you`re in the know

Sorry Filo but unless i get the ok then i can't say much or be exact as to what is happening as it could comprimise the people that tell me certain things. I can drop hints or slightly open the door as i have been for weeks, from that then hopefully people will twig on.
If you doubt what i say just ask some of the regulars on the Yorks forum about how reputable i am when it comes to things at the club. As an example i pm'd 1-2 of them weeks ago telling them directors had resigned, and this was a long time before anything was posted here or it became public knowledge. I do have a feeling that a lot of things will come out in the wash over the coming months.
Just ask yourself 1 question mate, do you honestly hand on heart believe that the KM2 have decided to return even if not as official board members because they want the best for the club after they walked away last season when things were going bad and no concrete deal was done regarding the stadium?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #34 on July 25, 2012, 04:40:53 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Were are dreaming , this looks like survival 1st anything  else is a bonus .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 25, 2012, 04:42:17 pm by Filo »
You all talk sh*t, stop demanding from the KM2 because they are the saviours of the club and are not here for other reasons apart from their love of the club. They will dig deep into their pockets, you will see when we have the best squad in the division in 2 and a half weeks when the season kicks off against York, and the players we get will be so good technically and so fit they wouldn't have needed a preseason.

/sarcasm off

p.s. hopefully peoples rose tinted glasses are gradually slipping off.

Rather than post things you claim to know in a cryptic fashion, for the good of the club, you should reveal what you claim to know in plain laymans terms, that`s if you really care about the club, or do you care more about the "look at me I know something" attitude you seem to be creating for yourself

If you can't see for yourself that things aren't right with the fact we have a very small scratch squad with the exception of 2-3 players that is made up of high earners the club want gone, journeymen and 1st year pro kids with a little over 2 weeks to go until the season kicks off then i guess all must be rosy in the garden with our owners that are worth over half a billion pounds.
God help us if we get half a dozen players injured!

I can see for myself that at this moment the squad is not competitive, I`m not saying nor do I assume all is rosey in the garden, equally I don`t profess to know inside information, if I did and I thought it was to the detriment and well being of the club, I would speak out, I would n`t keep things cryptic and tell people to work things out for themselves, nor do I have or claim to have a contact at the club. Now either what you`re saying is your opinion or, it`s facts that you already know, if it`s the latter, for the greater good of the club you should come clean, otherwise make it clearer it`s you`re opinion and stop making out you`re in the know

Sorry Filo but unless i get the ok then i can't say much or be exact as to what is happening as it could comprimise the people that tell me certain things. I can drop hints or slightly open the door as i have been for weeks, from that then hopefully people will twig on.
If you doubt what i say just ask some of the regulars on the Yorks forum about how reputable i am when it comes to things at the club. As an example i pm'd 1-2 of them weeks ago telling them directors had resigned, and this was a long time before anything was posted here or it became public knowledge. I do have a feeling that a lot of things will come out in the wash over the coming months.
Just ask yourself 1 question mate, do you honestly hand on heart believe that the KM2 have decided to return even if not as official board members because they want the best for the club after they walked away last season when things were going bad and no concrete deal was done regarding the stadium?

What puzzles me is that you see fit to share it with 1 or 2 people by pm, people that are not in a position to ask and probe in the right places, have you pm`d any VSC directors for example? people that have dialogue at the top! have you ever thought why these people who`s position you may compromise tell you this info? Have you ever thought they may want whatever it is to get out, if it was that sensitive why would they tell others and then fear for their position being compromised, after all if these alleged things are left to fester then these very same people may not have a position to compromise  if things go tits up!

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 25, 2012, 05:22:41 pm by Jersey Rover »
Have to say i'm more than happy with what DS has done so far. Inherited a sinking ship with a pre set course of a trial of loaning and selling, Not his choosing, went along with it, never worked, worth a try. Get the house back in order this season get rid of all the deadwood collecting a wage for very little return (check the released players list) that we acumilated prior to DS. Done. Replace with new hungry faces able to compete at L1 level within budget and regretfully move on some of our higher earners who at least tried to earn their  corn on a Saturday. DS signings so far look promising, work in progress but have absolutely no moans about players aquired so far. Understands our weakness as a team is waiting for players to leave to release funds for future signings. Where's the beef about  Saunders? Not from me thats for sure. Rosey Future ahead, Keep the faith.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 25, 2012, 05:42:33 pm by Capmeister »
We will rue the day Saunders was ever set on. Mark my words. I've been to 2 games now and Saunders has proven clueless in both. The back four, well what passes for one, were woeful. Didnt Deano promise to sort this way back. News for ya Deano, it's worse now than when you took over. Stock wasnt interested but he's arguably on his way. Woods played like a prima donna. He had an air of 'I've been playing in the Championship, y'know'. Hello Woodsey, no-one fecking cares. Least of all the Millers players. Copps not even there. Says everything. O'Connor was turned inside out. Bennett, ur not in the Championship now. Get off the deck and play football, instead of rolling around like you've been shot by a sniper. Syers, needs time but would suggest Saunders pre-season prep has been a joke. In comparison the Millers looked like a team ready to start the season. OK so they are direct but the fat Eddie Izzard's team don't muck about. They turned up the heat after Cotterill's super strike and they're a division below us. Not for long though, we'll pass 'em on the way down. Woods the goalie. Jesus, Mr Calamity. 1st competitive match and we'll get bombed. Get ready for more of the same against Wednesday SatD. Sadly, we've taken a huge stride backward.

On a positive note Husband did well. Son, I suggest you look for a better club. Don't get dragged down by El Muppeto, Saunders. Sadly, I have to put up with this well dressed clown as I watch him destroy my club and give excuse after excuse......I've no money, the injury list, the squad. I'm just a poor Welshman doing his best. FECK OFF!!!!!!!

pubteam

« Reply #38 on July 25, 2012, 05:48:27 pm by pubteam »
Coppinger was there, Capmeister. Sat on the sidelines with a calf injury.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 25, 2012, 06:00:10 pm by RedJ »
We will rue the day Saunders was ever set on. Mark my words. I've been to 2 games now and Saunders has proven clueless in both. The back four, well what passes for one, were woeful. Didnt Deano promise to sort this way back. News for ya Deano, it's worse now than when you took over. Stock wasnt interested but he's arguably on his way. Woods played like a prima donna. He had an air of 'I've been playing in the Championship, y'know'. Hello Woodsey, no-one fecking cares. Least of all the Millers players. Copps not even there. Says everything. O'Connor was turned inside out. Bennett, ur not in the Championship now. Get off the deck and play football, instead of rolling around like you've been shot by a sniper. Syers, needs time but would suggest Saunders pre-season prep has been a joke. In comparison the Millers looked like a team ready to start the season. OK so they are direct but the fat Eddie Izzard's team don't muck about. They turned up the heat after Cotterill's super strike and they're a division below us. Not for long though, we'll pass 'em on the way down. Woods the goalie. Jesus, Mr Calamity. 1st competitive match and we'll get bombed. Get ready for more of the same against Wednesday SatD. Sadly, we've taken a huge stride backward.

On a positive note Husband did well. Son, I suggest you look for a better club. Don't get dragged down by El Muppeto, Saunders. Sadly, I have to put up with this well dressed clown as I watch him destroy my club and give excuse after excuse......I've no money, the injury list, the squad. I'm just a poor Welshman doing his best. FECK OFF!!!!!!!

Go on then, explain how having a shite back four due to having f**k all to spend is Saunders' fault?

Bennett rolling around has nothing to do with thinking he's a Championship player, he's injured, and I didn't see him rolling around at all, just laid on the ground, since he IS actually injured, so I can't blame him.

What about Syers suggests our prep has been a joke?

Again, how is having no money for a keeper (that hasn't actually yet conceded (I'm aware of the poor opposition)) Dean's fault?

How is no money and injuries his fault at all? Go on then spadge, tell us.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 25, 2012, 06:04:41 pm by Capmeister »
Apologies if Copps was there. I didnt, and nobody round me, saw him. If he's any sense he'll be off. Copps made some rather strong comments about the experiment so he wont be the apple of Saunders eye by any stretch. Let's face it O'Driscoll gave Copps licence to express his talent. Oh, those heady days of Wellens and Copps tormenting defenders.....long gone. I'm seriously depressed at what now lies ahead this season. I think I always knew it but it's that actual chasm of reality taking effect. Bit like the Titanic movie, you think it may just stay afloat, that summat can be done but history always plays out the same. Down she goes! Jesus, it's the inevitability that gets me and much like some passengers on that ship they still believe there's hope..............aaarrrggghhhhh!

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 25, 2012, 06:18:19 pm by Capmeister »
Titanic passenger are we RedJ??????? Or maybe just a Saunderite. In all honesty I really dont care cos I'll be proved right and you'll be just a poster that recedes into the background when the reality of Saunders input comes to fruition. There was a soundbite from some oik I hate in the Mail on Sunday or the Mail, I forget which, and I loathe that odious tabloid at the best of times stating how MacKay recommended/suggested Saunders appointment and said I told you so about the experiment and added something like and what of Donny Rovers............ Yes, what indeed. I never knew that or even if there's any truth in it but it's the only plausible explanation of appointing an unproven conference manager with next to no coaching experience taking over a championship side who's diposed manager previously got them out of a similar postion only a couple of seasons previously. The mind boggles!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 25, 2012, 06:22:24 pm by RedJ »
No I'm not a "Saundersite", I'm a Rovers fan. And you don't care? well that just proves the OP on another thread right that there are some fans that don't give a shit about how we do and just want to be proven correct.

Please, answer my questions and I'll be happy. Just explain. If you can, that is.

And he'd coached at Wales and a few other clubs before he got the Wrexham job, you realise that right? not exactly "next to no coaching experience".

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 25, 2012, 06:23:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Apologies if Copps was there. I didnt, and nobody round me, saw him. If he's any sense he'll be off. Copps made some rather strong comments about the experiment so he wont be the apple of Saunders eye by any stretch. Let's face it O'Driscoll gave Copps licence to express his talent. Oh, those heady days of Wellens and Copps tormenting defenders.....long gone. I'm seriously depressed at what now lies ahead this season. I think I always knew it but it's that actual chasm of reality taking effect. Bit like the Titanic movie, you think it may just stay afloat, that summat can be done but history always plays out the same. Down she goes! Jesus, it's the inevitability that gets me and much like some passengers on that ship they still believe there's hope..............aaarrrggghhhhh!

Why wont Saunders like Copps because of his comments? Saunders shares a similar opinion on the experiment.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 25, 2012, 06:33:37 pm by Akinfenwa »

Get a grip! Anyone who knows anything about DRFC is aware that we only have ONE available central defender and he's from the youth team. Do you really expect the defence to have improved given these circumstances? Dean clearly wants to bring three defenders and a goalkeeper in before the season starts but has not been given the go-ahead from the board because of tight budget constraints.

The spine of our team isn't even in place yet so of course we're going to look unbalanced, disjointed and weak in certain positions. Rotherham on the other hand have been able to bring in 10 players early and have been able to train as a settled team for over a month. They are always going to be more prepared than us, that's just the way it is given the circumstances.

Blaming Saunders for the shape the team is in this pre-season is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone could be managing this football club, they'd still be in the same situation. Dean's excuses did wear a bit thin last season but this season I think that the excuses and frustrations from him are more than valid, it's a tough situation of which the manager has very little control over.

So no, I don't think I will mark your words about Saunders if you don't mind, given how little of the current situation at this football club you seem to have taken into account in your rant against him.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 25, 2012, 06:37:26 pm by RedJ »

Get a grip! Anyone who knows anything about DRFC is aware that we only have ONE available central defender and he's from the youth team. Do you really expect the defence to have improved given these circumstances? Dean clearly wants to bring three defenders and a goalkeeper in before the season starts but has not been given the go-ahead from the board because of tight budget constraints.

The spine of our team isn't even in place yet so of course we're going to look unbalanced, disjointed and weak in certain positions. Rotherham on the other hand have been able to bring in 10 players early and have been able to train as a settled team for over a month. They are always going to be more prepared than us, that's just the way it is given the circumstances.

Blaming Saunders for the shape the team is in this pre-season is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone could be managing this football club, they'd still be in the same situation. Dean's excuses did wear a bit thin last season but this season I think that the excuses and frustrations from him are more than valid, it's a tough situation of which the manager has very little control over.

So no, I don't think I will mark your words about Saunders if you don't mind, given how little of the current situation at this football club you seem to have taken into account in your rant against him.

Come off it Akinfenwa, can't be having facts get in the way of a good old rant at Dean can we now?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 25, 2012, 06:42:42 pm by Sprotyrover »
Dean was on Radio Sheff on way home,states we need 5 new signings including 3 CB's as Martis is injured. :cool:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 25, 2012, 07:05:50 pm by wilts rover »
Dean was on Radio Sheff on way home,states we need 5 new signings including 3 CB's as Martis is injured. :cool:

Looks like he has been reading the forum then or how else would he know this......

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 25, 2012, 07:10:53 pm by Donnybob »
Give Saunders A Chance? You mean another chance, surely!

I don't bother posting these days. What's the point? The site's full of happy clappers who prefer to ignore reality and spend most of their lives making excuses for someone who is patently not up to the job in hand, out of his depth and floundering.

Folk on here said give Saunders a chance last season. They said he hadn't had a pre-season. That it wasn't his own team. It's like his underpants are made of teflon and no blame will ever stick.

Well, he was quick enough to hire his gunslingers last year and where did that get him? He was equally quick to give the existing players short shrift and hang them out to dry, not good enough for him, without a second's thought about how the scenario would unfold. And having consigned them to bench warming at best he now can't understand why he's struggling to 'get rid' (if I might borrow the popular venacular on here).

Perhaps it never crossed his mind that creating a shop window for journeymen would mean being stuck with a bunch of antiques in his attic. He's had January and July to do something about that and it would seem without Willie he's clueless.

But I'm not going to criticise Saunders, I was told to f*** off and follow you know who, so he's not my concern anymore. I'm just one of the many thousands who have quietly melted into the woodwork, unlikely to attend the Keepmoat again until he's gone. (Just wait until you see how the gates will be affected)

However, the future is not without optimism, after all Saunders has the answers. He's even said as much on countless occasions. Indeed here are 14 of my favourite quotes from his tenure:

I know what is needed with the team. I know what our faults are

There are all sorts of things wrong with the club that I can put right

I know I can get a winning team on the pitch

I was positive about winning. That’s why sometimes a new manager has an effect on players

If we keep defending like that, we will be in League One

I can’t keep going over the same things with the same players. In the end you have to do something about it as a manager

I know what I need to do

I don’t have to be scrambling around like a lunatic trying to get loads of players in

My job is to change the personnel and get people in who can do their jobs properly

I’m learning in this job all the time, learning something every week and, for a start, it’s about getting our house in order

It is not easy to keep morale up but that’s my job

I quite enjoy being under pressure. There is nothing worse than just floating half way up the league

It sounds like I am making excuses

I will be ready and looking forward to pre-season

I believe in Father Christmas, pixies and the tooth fairy

Actually, I made one of them up but it's difficult to work out which one because they are all so laughingly preposterous.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 25, 2012, 07:20:23 pm by Red wizard »
My god we are in a right old mess arn't we. From the team to the fans.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 25, 2012, 07:26:48 pm by RedJ »
Well, Bob, we can't get rid, or we'll have even less of f**k all to spend, which is his current problem, and who would be daft enough to take a job with no money to spend, a squad barely big enough to fill a bench (and not at all without first year pros), fans that hate you if you're not a f**king magician and having to lose your best players because of problem 1?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #51 on July 25, 2012, 08:11:56 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Just watched the Saunders post Rotherham , he must feel like he is in quick sand , trying not to move too quickly just incase he makes the situation worse yet stay put and you'll drown does not have many options does he . What a farse if he fails he gets the chop and he still will  not have had a fair start . If he  sick dog you would put him out of his misery.

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 25, 2012, 09:18:59 pm by markusparkus75 »
Quick question, but who on here is unhappy with the players Saunders has brought in the past few weeks? I think when he has had a budget, he's done well.

And it's the budget that's the issue right now, not the manager.  I think that'll change the next couple of weeks, though it's like reading tea leaves with statements from Rovers at the moment.

Put it in perspective, we hadn't really signed anyone this time last season either.  Apart from Bouhenna, who I am convinced was actually a figment of SOD's imagination.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 25, 2012, 09:24:14 pm by dickos1 »
Titanic passenger are we RedJ??????? Or maybe just a Saunderite. In all honesty I really dont care cos I'll be proved right and you'll be just a poster that recedes into the background when the reality of Saunders input comes to fruition. There was a soundbite from some oik I hate in the Mail on Sunday or the Mail, I forget which, and I loathe that odious tabloid at the best of times stating how MacKay recommended/suggested Saunders appointment and said I told you so about the experiment and added something like and what of Donny Rovers............ Yes, what indeed. I never knew that or even if there's any truth in it but it's the only plausible explanation of appointing an unproven conference manager with next to no coaching experience taking over a championship side who's diposed manager previously got them out of a similar postion only a couple of seasons previously. The mind boggles!

You still haven't answered the question of how is the shocking defence Saunders fault??
Is it because the answer is that it ain't his fault??

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #54 on July 25, 2012, 09:26:47 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Barnes , Bennett, Keegan,Spurr, Radford .

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 25, 2012, 09:42:42 pm by markusparkus75 »
Spurr was June. Bennett July. Radford and Barnes August.

Keegan signed in Jan 2011, released May, re-signed July 2012 after being released.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:44:45 pm by markusparkus75 »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 25, 2012, 10:22:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Last night the only thing Saunders could get right was the midfield and he got it wrong. He said he wanted battles so why put Stock and Woods together. He should have put Keegan and Woods and Stock and Syers but he did not that's why we lost and conceeded goals again. But have the faith and keep supporting him back to division two.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 25, 2012, 10:39:25 pm by Barmby Rover »
Last night the only thing Saunders could get right was the midfield and he got it wrong. He said he wanted battles so why put Stock and Woods together. He should have put Keegan and Woods and Stock and Syers but he did not that's why we lost and conceeded goals again. But have the faith and keep supporting him back to division two.
#

I think you are assuming that DS actually understands what he is doing, do you mean Lg.2? Unless there is lot of signings to come we have one of the weakest squads in the division if we remove Stock, Copps and Jimmy from it, and we must according to the plan. Don't expect too much from this season, perhaps we can build from it for a decent side by 2014-15.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 25, 2012, 10:49:20 pm by dickos1 »

How do you know that he wasn't going to play one with Keegan in the 2nd half?? How do you know syers didn't take a knock??
It's a pre season friendly so is the time to try out combinations, by the way do you think woods and stock have not played together before?? Must have played there 20-30 times together and it worked then, yesterday woods was terrible but he isn't fit has hardly played for 2 years.
Getting ridiculous now "let's blame Saunders for everything"

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 25, 2012, 11:17:40 pm by RedJ »
#

I think you are assuming that DS actually understands what he is doing, do you mean Lg.2? Unless there is lot of signings to come we have one of the weakest squads in the division if we remove Stock, Copps and Jimmy from it, and we must according to the plan. Don't expect too much from this season, perhaps we can build from it for a decent side by 2014-15.

what makes you think he doesn't understand what he's doing? because he can't build a squad? oh let's see, NO MONEY TO SPEND YET so he can't bring anyone in..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012