Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:10:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paynter  (Read 18617 times)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Paynter
« Reply #60 on August 08, 2012, 07:55:16 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
To be honest Martin, when there's so little in the way of hard facts coming out of the club, people are going to draw their own conclusions. That's just life. Maybe if the club was a bit more straight about their intentions? I won't hold my breath.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 08, 2012, 09:01:47 pm by PaulRover08 »
To be honest Martin, when there's so little in the way of hard facts coming out of the club, people are going to draw their own conclusions. That's just life. Maybe if the club was a bit more straight about their intentions? I won't hold my breath.

What exactly have the club done wrong. They've held a forum to explain the plan. I was there and nothing i've seen so far since has said to me that they are not commited to it. We need to move players out and try to get as near to equal quality in as possible but in larger numbers and still under budget. Yeah, piece of piss isn't it. The club are doing a much better job than they ever have done before. Its going to take time for seemingly the majority of fans to get their head round it.

The most baffling comment of them all being last night when a poster on here said he hates Saunders. Even if he got us to the PL he would hate him. Dear god. What hope is there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 08, 2012, 09:16:53 pm by silent majority »

I don't disagree Stu, its something I've been telling the club this summer. But you have to see the amount of work and reorganisation that has gone on in the background to even begin to appreciate how much progress this club has made. But as fans, we all seem to value the club on its playing ability, nothing more nothing less. And I don't know if DS and his crew are up to the job, but what I will say is if his success matches the amount of work, effort and shear persistence this bloke has put in during the last few months we're in for a great time. I really hope his happens.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 08, 2012, 09:35:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do think the club needs to be a bit open.  I mean they're shooting theirselves in the foot a little as they're not really doing a great deal to entice a crowd in.  Look at the ticket sales for proof of that.  Could be pretty sparse crowds if they're not careful.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 08, 2012, 09:52:01 pm by dknward2 »
York game just over 1k York and 2k rovers

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 08, 2012, 10:06:21 pm by MrFrost »

Very poor :(

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 08, 2012, 10:14:35 pm by dknward2 »
Iam one of the 2k

But how bad is a 12k home capacity going to look with just 2k in we ask to have all stands open and this is how the fans repay them?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 08, 2012, 10:16:24 pm by The Red Baron »
I can't see why the hell Stockys move is taking so bloody long. What is it, over a fortnight now and still nothing.

Maybe I'm being hard on Rovers, but I think we've let Burnley play us for mugs over this. Because we've been desperate to sell they've dragged out the deal as long as they could.

Compare and contrast with Coventry and Richard Keogh. They may be in deeper doo-doo then we are, but they claimed they were determined to keep him. Result- he moved to Derby for a decent whack and they didn't have to wait weeks for a deal to be sorted.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 08, 2012, 10:26:47 pm by silent majority »
I can't see why the hell Stockys move is taking so bloody long. What is it, over a fortnight now and still nothing.

Maybe I'm being hard on Rovers, but I think we've let Burnley play us for mugs over this. Because we've been desperate to sell they've dragged out the deal as long as they could.

Compare and contrast with Coventry and Richard Keogh. They may be in deeper doo-doo then we are, but they claimed they were determined to keep him. Result- he moved to Derby for a decent whack and they didn't have to wait weeks for a deal to be sorted.

You're assuming its Burnley that are the sticking point here. There are 3 parties involved and its not them, and its not DRFC.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 08, 2012, 11:20:55 pm by Barmby Rover »

I have been told that York have sold 350 tickets only.

Bret

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 08, 2012, 11:33:44 pm by Bret »
There will be a lot more than 3k at the game, surely. Many fans will turn up on the day and buy a ticket. Reckon we can do 5000 which would be pretty good for a Carling Cup match.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 08, 2012, 11:37:10 pm by BobG »
I find it very odd indeed, for example, that Stuart Highfield has left.

That must have happened since Saturday afternoon as he was there on Saturday in suit and Club tie laughing and smiling with the others.

Don't be sillyA9. A man can resign from the Board of Directors, or be pushed out, and still go to watch a match. Why did he leave the Baord is the question? Why did the others go too?

Jesus!

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 08, 2012, 11:37:59 pm by MrFrost »

Not according to the KMS site.
I guess we should get used to poor crowds now. Don't think we will see another 10k crowd for a very long time.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 08, 2012, 11:40:14 pm by BobG »
Couldn't agree more Bob.

The cynic in me would suggest the KM2 were only ever interested with regards to a deal being done with the stadium and its land.

I wouldn't agree with him Mr Frost, not a single bit of what Bob has spouted there is anywhere near accurate.

The stadium is listed as a community asset and nothing can be done with it, asset stripped or whatever, and the only land that came with the deal is the car parks. And not even the very top car park, the one where the buses park has been retained by the council. Its just more scurrilous accusations by people who should know better.

I thought I was asking a few questions SM! Isn't that at least partly what the new intiatives are about? I don't recall 'spouting' anything in that post as being factual.

BobG

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 08, 2012, 11:48:50 pm by dknward2 »

@DRFC_Police: #DRFC v York City match on Saturday, 1010 away sold and 2075 home tickets sold so far. From drfc police twitter feed

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 08, 2012, 11:49:58 pm by albie »
The current Directors listed at Companies House are JR, Stuart Highfield and Peter Hepworth.

Mike Collett resigned on the 22nd June, and 2 others (Milton and Hirst) went on the 12th.

This does not tell you anything about the input from each, or the relationship between the BoD and the owners.

JR,Watson and Bramall are the majority shareholders, and any 2 in combination control the company.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:10:13 am by albie »

pubteam

« Reply #76 on August 09, 2012, 02:24:59 am by pubteam »

That must have happened since Saturday afternoon as he was there on Saturday in suit and Club tie laughing and smiling with the others.

Don't be sillyA9. A man can resign from the Board of Directors, or be pushed out, and still go to watch a match. Why did he leave the Baord is the question? Why did the others go too?

Jesus!

BobG

He was in the Directors box though.

That'd be a strange place for a non Director to be, wouldn't it?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 09, 2012, 03:00:44 am by dickos1 »
This another case of false information to aid scaremongering??

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 09, 2012, 06:48:16 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Jesus!

BobG

Left or pushed?

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 09, 2012, 08:19:47 am by ArmthorpeRover »
I keep looking in here with each new post thinking there maybe more news.......how silly of me  :facepalm:

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 09, 2012, 09:06:28 am by Not Now Kato »

Jesus!

BobG

If it's that important to you Bob then why not ask JR on Saturday.

Asking on here is hardly going to get you an answer now is it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012