Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:20:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris Brown  (Read 1676 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Chris Brown
« on August 08, 2012, 12:59:04 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Interview with the star

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-chris-brown-seeks-flying-start-1-4811709

WITH Doncaster Rovers’ pre-season campaign now behind them following last night’s game at Gainsborough Trinity, striker Chris Brown is looking forward to the real action kicking off on Saturday.

Rovers take on York City at the Keepmoat Stadium in the first round of the Capital One Cup, having brought the tie forward from the following Tuesday to give them more time to prepare for their opening League One game at Walsall on Saturday week.“We’ve done quite well in pre-season but it’s more a case of getting fit for the start of the season,” said Brown. “We are hoping to carry the form we’ve shown in pre-season into Saturday’s game.”There were three divisions separating the two sides last season but there will be only one on Saturday following Rovers’ relegation and City’s promotion back to the Football League.“I’m expecting it to be a tough game,” said Brown, hoping to play more games this season after an injury-plagued debut campaign at the club.“It’s a local derby and it is their first game back in the Football League for quite a few years so they are going to be really up for it and I’m sure that they are going to have a lot of support on the day.“As I say, it is going to be a tough test for us and it is exactly what we need before the Walsall game.“Although the league is obviously our priority we’d also like to have a run in the League Cup. I understand that the club haven’t had much of a cup run in recent years but I think we got to the quarter-finals during my time at Preston.“I don’t see any reason why you can’t have good cup run as well as doing well in the league. In a sense it helps you become battle-hardened if you are playing regularly on a Saturday and a Tuesday.”

Despite losing several star names during the summer, Brown is confident that Rovers will give a good account of themselves in League One.“We’ve lost a few players but we’ve still got a lot of good players here and it’s good to have Martin Woods back after all his injury problems in the last two seasons,” he said. “It is like having a new player at the club.“He’s looked really good in pre-season and scored a good goal in the 3-1 win over Hull City.“You need players in different positions who can score goals in the team because it helps take the pressure off the strikers.“The manager is still looking to strengthen the squad and we could have one or two more signings before the weekend. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and develop a winning mentality.”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

lewis9111

• Forum Member
Re: Chris Brown
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2012, 01:09:24 pm by lewis9111 »
I'm hoping Chris is right, getting off to a good start this weekend, all be it a cup match. Not managed to get to any pre season games due to work so the York game is the first one I can attend so would quite like to see a win and not quite the result that we got last night ha!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012