Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:45:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Saunders  (Read 7216 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Dean Saunders
« on August 07, 2012, 10:28:25 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Any post match interview with him taken place or anything ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2012, 10:32:32 pm by BobG »
God! I hope not! Lol.

I can only take soo much bullshit....

BobG

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2012, 10:43:38 pm by Red Rover »
God! I hope not! Lol.

BobG

I've said it before and I still say it, that man belongs on a stage..."it's not my fault, previous players, losing mentality blah blah"

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2012, 10:52:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Our first team lost to a lower division team by a bigger score line a couple of seasons ago in a Pre-Season Cup. Why are you taking this serious? Oh, because some people want rid of Dean that much.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2012, 11:21:54 pm by roverstillidie91 »
1) its a warm up game for match fitness and match plans formations etc
2) youth and trialists included so was never going to set the world alight

Remember it was mostly boys against men and with the back 4 we had was likely we would concede

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #5 on August 07, 2012, 11:24:29 pm by Rovin Reporter »
There was no point to this game it made Rovers look like the substandard side of years ago.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2012, 11:45:04 pm by hoolahoop »

Remember it was mostly boys against men and with the back 4 we had was likely we would concede

Could it be that we don't have either the manpower or the match plans in place yet..........fed up to the fooking back teeth with this charade.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2012, 12:15:08 am by RedJ »

Could it be that we don't have either the manpower or the match plans in place yet..........fed up to the fooking back teeth with this charade.

Could it be we may want to blood in some young uns who we may yet end up relying on?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2012, 12:16:58 am by Alan_Rovers »
I can't stand Dean Saunders and will never like him even if he gets us into the Premier League, but pre-season means absolutely nothing.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2012, 06:41:45 am by PaulRover08 »
I can't stand Dean Saunders and will never like him even if he gets us into the Premier League, but pre-season means absolutely nothing.

You would not like a Rovers manager even if he got us to the Premier League? We may as well all pack in with comments like that. Absolutely ridiculous. Sounds like your views are personal rather than based on football in that case.

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2012, 08:05:14 am by whisky »
God! I hope not! Lol.

BobG

I'm sure the feelings mutual.

steve16190

« Reply #11 on August 08, 2012, 11:05:52 am by steve16190 »
Saunders tried to cancel the game because of our current squad but didnt, good stage to see trialists and youth and build match fitness, I dont blame anybody for the score as it doesnt f**king matter! ITS A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY!!!!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #12 on August 08, 2012, 11:11:39 am by Rovin Reporter »
Pre-season is supposed to show the club is ready for the new start .. well i think we are looking worse that at the end of last season.  FACT

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 08, 2012, 11:15:16 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Pre-season is supposed to show the club is ready for the new start

Really? Since when?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2012, 11:19:01 am by DonnyOsmond »
We're undefeated against Championship opposition. How have we done bad in pre-season?  Some people are retarded, see a bunch of youth teamers and trialists lose to a Conference North team and come up with the conclusion that our first team will get us relegated.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2012, 11:21:36 am by Bald Rover »
I went last night as Im off on hollybobs and will miss first 4 games!!

Positives I thought the young lads did quite well especially when you consider they are the youth team and had played a game 24 hours earlier!!!

I thought Harper looked keen and looked well P****** when brought off, the type of player we need! Blake looked good but not that fit! number 17 (Hawley?) looked hungry and may be a good addition!
I also thought their trialist Paquett looked more than capable and very strong! one for us?

negatives......... drinks bar opposite side of ground, club shop was pants!

seriously though it was a meaningless game that gave the lads a run out that Saunders tried to cancel! lighten up!!

try looking at the positives for once!
I reckon we will have 5 new signings within the week one of which wont be Paynter!

steve16190

« Reply #16 on August 08, 2012, 11:46:22 am by steve16190 »
Pre-season is supposed to show the club is ready for the new start

And you think we arnt ready from what? Comfortably beat Hull 3-1 only conceding from a stupid own goal? Drew with Barnsley? Beat Cleethorpes? Beat Grimsby? Drew with Bradford etc etc. As far as im concerned we have had a great pre-season with the squad we currently have/had.

Another point Pre-season is NOT in any way shape or form supposed to show we are ready for the new start it is there to "warm up" players, experiment with the squad, familiarize teammates with each other, PREPARE for upcoming competitive matches and to decide which players to keep in the main squad for the regular season.

Cant you people get a grip, what is being a fan if you dont support your team, support should be given if your team is on the rise, on the fall, stuck where they are, through good times (last few years) and through shit times (richardson era) we are now going through a fall and some shit times compared to the last few seasons. Think about where we were 11-12 years ago, If you said then we will be competing in league 1 soon all fans would have been over the moon, now the success has gone to everyones heads and they are getting pissed off that we have been relegated . . may i add for the first time in years.

My point in a nutshell . . . . Get a f****** grip! We are still competitors and our club is STILL on the rise, even though it may not seem it last season, this week or tomorrow; there are good points that nobody seems to be taking hold off. We have started a new era, we own the stadium now for 90-100 odd years, we can do things how we want to do them, money going through the stadium now goes directly to the club. In the long term WE WILL PROSPER!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:48:39 am by steve16190 »

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2012, 11:48:50 am by Norfolk N Chance »

Love this statement ....how small minded!?! Translates into I hate this man no matter what....Although thinking about it not sure why I do? Oh that's right he is not SOD...knew there was a reason.....

I reiterate he has done nothing wrong and deserves the fans full support.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2012, 12:00:20 pm by Derby Viking »

Based on what? Idiotic comment - you obviously don't remember the Richardson Era or even the Beaglehole, McKay, Chung, Dixon, Snodin eras as the didn't provide any success either. Saunders can only be judged after he has had time to build his own team - and at the moment he is coping well despite having his hands completely tied by our financial position.

Simple enough conclusion - stay away from Rovers whilst he is the manager and I wish Saunders every success.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:03:01 pm by Derby Viking »

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2012, 12:10:15 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Nope. I do remember all of those era's that you mention, but appointing Dean Saunders is the biggest mistake John Ryan has ever made in his time as chairman. I don't care what Saunders achieves (which so far has been absolutely nothing). He did not deserve the job and is not good enough to be our manager.

If anyone seriously thinks we can reach the Premier League with that clown as manager, then you are seriously f**king deluded.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2012, 12:12:26 pm by Derby Viking »
I've never read a post that says Saunders will get us to the Prem but go on then - enlighten us - exactly which manager would be good enough to get us to the Premier league in the current circumstances?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #21 on August 08, 2012, 12:15:46 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I've never read a post that says Saunders will get us to the Prem but go on then - enlighten us - exactly which manager would be good enough to get us to the Premier league in the current circumstances?
NoT an issue at the moment , staying in league 1 will be an major achievement  this season . FACT

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2012, 12:17:27 pm by Derby Viking »
Agreed - but Alan seems to be obsessed with us getting to the Prem and i would love to know who he thinks would get us there

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 08, 2012, 12:24:21 pm by Bald Rover »
Alan rovers not trying to be dissrespectful but what age are youi?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2012, 12:31:16 pm by Alan_Rovers »
I said a comment and now you think I'm obsessed with us getting to the Premier League. Unfortunately I've supported our club for over 30 years and know that unless a billionaire comes along and throws millions at us that will never happen. :lol:

I've got no doubts most of you will be calling for Saunders head soon enough anyway. I expect us to do rubbish this season with him at the helm, but those of you who genuinely think we can challenge for promotion and do well are in for a rude awakening.

Oh, and it was the right time for SO'D to be sacked as well, so ditch that myth that I am some kind of SODite. He's the best manager we have ever had in my years of supporting the club but things had gone very stale.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #25 on August 08, 2012, 12:33:33 pm by GM-MarkB »
Nope. I do remember all of those era's that you mention, but appointing Dean Saunders is the biggest mistake John Ryan has ever made in his time as chairman. I don't care what Saunders achieves (which so far has been absolutely nothing). He did not deserve the job and is not good enough to be our manager.

If anyone seriously thinks we can reach the Premier League with that clown as manager, then you are seriously f***ing deluded.

So in your fairytale world, if Saunders DID get Rovers to the Premier League, he STILL wouldn't be good enough to be Manager.....maybe you're expecting the Champions League crown within 3 years then...would that do it ?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 08, 2012, 12:42:06 pm by knockers »
NoT an issue at the moment , staying in league 1 will be an major achievement  this season . FACT

Will you stop putting FACT at the end of every post. It's bloody annoying!

steve16190

« Reply #27 on August 08, 2012, 12:43:40 pm by steve16190 »
technically it would take a minimum of 4 years to get the champions league title if we were being deluded

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 08, 2012, 01:01:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Will you stop putting FACT at the end of every post. It's bloody annoying!

Especially when it's usually nothing of the sort.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 08, 2012, 01:12:12 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I said a comment and now you think I'm obsessed with us getting to the Premier League. Unfortunately I've supported our club for over 30 years and know that unless a billionaire comes along and throws millions at us that will never happen. :lol:

I've got no doubts most of you will be calling for Saunders head soon enough anyway. I expect us to do rubbish this season with him at the helm, but those of you who genuinely think we can challenge for promotion and do well are in for a rude awakening.

Oh, and it was the right time for SO'D to be sacked as well, so ditch that myth that I am some kind of SODite. He's the best manager we have ever had in my years of supporting the club but things had gone very stale.

Your obsessed with hating Saunders more like.

I bet you will be on here every loss and there will be alot giving the transition period and saying I told you so etc etc

Taking great delight in every negative way.

Why dont you SUPPPORT the club?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012