Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:39:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This Brian Stock situation  (Read 14078 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re: This Brian Stock situation
« Reply #30 on August 09, 2012, 11:25:10 am by Albert Trousers »
Played over half our games last year.

How many did he complete though? I seem to remember him coming off early in a few of those.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 09, 2012, 12:22:03 pm by The L J Monk »
Started 25.

Played 90 minutes in 19.
Subbed off after 75 minutes 4 times.
Subbed off before half time twice.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 09, 2012, 01:30:17 pm by MrFrost »
Whoever came up with 600k is on drugs. I wouldn't surprise if there is no fee involved.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 09, 2012, 01:34:59 pm by nortikorner »
training  at cantley park today with copps, jones and quinn

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 09, 2012, 01:35:45 pm by thumper »
If wages are the hold up then i wonder if we'll let him go without a fee so they can put that towards his wages!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 09, 2012, 01:44:20 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Brian is one of the best midfielders I have seen play for us and I hope to God he isn't reading some of the thoughtless comments that have been posted about him on here lately and taken it to mean that all Donny fans feel the same. We need to cut our cloth which unfortunately means Brian can no longer be afforded not that Brian is no longer wanted. I doubt the uncertainty is helping him any more than our club. The other problem is that if the deal falls through and Brian doesn't move there will be a section of morons who will lambast him if it means we cannot strengthen further, I hope for Brian's sake the deal goes through and it's what he is happy with so that we can wish him well and thank him before the numpties open their mouths.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 09, 2012, 02:36:33 pm by Albert Trousers »
Brian is one of the best midfielders I have seen play for us and I hope to God he isn't reading some of the thoughtless comments that have been posted about him on here lately and taken it to mean that all Donny fans feel the same. We need to cut our cloth which unfortunately means Brian can no longer be afforded not that Brian is no longer wanted. I doubt the uncertainty is helping him any more than our club. The other problem is that if the deal falls through and Brian doesn't move there will be a section of morons who will lambast him if it means we cannot strengthen further, I hope for Brian's sake the deal goes through and it's what he is happy with so that we can wish him well and thank him before the numpties open their mouths.

Personally I'd rather see him stay, he is our best footballer by a country mile but needs must I'm afraid. It would be nice if DS could use his contacts a get a few good loanees dirt cheap & Stock stay but sadly I can't see that happening.

GVARover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 09, 2012, 03:20:07 pm by GVARover »
DearneValleyRover - spot on.  Stock is a talented player and has given us good service - certainly will be difficult to replace when/if he goes but surely this is a can't afford him not a don't want him.  Thanks Stocky - and wherever you play your fotball this season good luck  :clapping:

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 09, 2012, 04:05:19 pm by ctay »
Thank god, I thought I was the only Brian Stock fan left!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 09, 2012, 04:09:23 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm a big fan of Stock, and it's a real shame we're having to pretty much force him out of the door. One of our best ever players in terms of footballing ability, it's just a shame his injury record was so poor. The guy can take charge of a game when he's fit, and I don't see anyone else in the team who can do that like Stocky can. Good luck to him, whether he stays or goes.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 09, 2012, 04:23:21 pm by selby »
His so called replacments were shown how to play on tuesday at Gainsborough

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 09, 2012, 04:49:45 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
His so called replacments were shown how to play on tuesday at Gainsborough

I hope your not being serious.......

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 09, 2012, 05:04:29 pm by cmonyoureds »
he will be a burnley player by end of play latest tommorrow

BurnleyFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 09, 2012, 05:06:52 pm by BurnleyFan »
So from being his last day about 4 times in July, officially supposed to sign today and now he will sign tomorrow.

Hmmm.....

Forgive me for being sceptical :D

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 09, 2012, 06:05:44 pm by RoversAlias »
So from being his last day about 4 times in July, officially supposed to sign today and now he will sign tomorrow.

Hmmm.....

Forgive me for being sceptical :D

Oh believe me, we've been getting used to this happening with damn near every transfer this summer.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 09, 2012, 07:23:48 pm by deebee »
I think he will go now Burnley have a windfall from Wolves selling Steven Fletcher. Its cash that
they didn't have before so it's for nothing really.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 09, 2012, 07:33:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
@cotterill_david: Good luck to brian stock on his new adventure good player good guy all the best pool partner!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 09, 2012, 07:34:33 pm by Donnybax »
David cotterill has just tweeted he's gone

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 09, 2012, 07:35:01 pm by Red wizard »
Looks like he's gone. Cheers Brian and good luck.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 09, 2012, 07:38:54 pm by MachoMadness »
Shame, but maybe now we can finally get in these players Dean's been after! It's so close to the season now I've just been dying for this to get sorted, although I didn't want him to go it seemed necessary, no time for sentiment though, let's get to replacing him! Good luck to Stocky all the same.

smitiai

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 09, 2012, 07:39:55 pm by smitiai »
just been tweeted by David Cotterill 
Good luck to brian stock on his new adventure good player good guy all the best pool partner!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 09, 2012, 07:42:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thanks for everything Brian. Top bloke, great captain and great player. We won't see anyone who's as good a passer of the ball as you Brian for a long time. Disappointing to see you leave but it had to be done so we can progress.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 09, 2012, 07:49:33 pm by hoolahoop »
Thank god, I thought I was the only Brian Stock fan left!

No you're not by a long way, gutted he's going and any antipathy towards him is just a reaction to the regret they feel.
Best of luck Stocky and thanks for your hard work.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 09, 2012, 10:41:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
He's played about 20 games in last 2 seasons  :blush:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 09, 2012, 10:44:53 pm by The L J Monk »
He's played about 20 games in last 2 seasons  :blush:

2010/11 - 31 starts
2011/12 - 25 starts

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 09, 2012, 11:25:36 pm by BobG »
I don't really care too much about the number of games he played. He played enough each season to have an effect on our season and our style. I always wish he could play more - but we all know his back can hurt and that he gets clobbered a lot by thuggish defenders who can't handle him too. He is one of top two midfielders I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. And I"ve seen shed loads of 'em too. Even a handful of good ones... Brian is silky smooth, good vision, great passing, screaming long range shooting. He is in my top three all time favourite Rovers players. I wish he were staying.

BobG

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 10, 2012, 12:00:17 am by JonWallsend »
A proper footballer.  I remember seeing him at Millmoor (second appearance or might even have been his debut) and he ran the game and I never thought then that Preston would allow him to join permanently, however they couldn't wait to get rid. 

He fitted Rovers and was very much a talisman for everything that SOD stood for and the way that we played.

I wish him all the best.  We have had fantastic service from him considering that a member of his family told me, during our first championship season, that his back was 'totally gubbed' and needed careful man management to get through a game- let alone a run of games.

My Stock highlights were his screamer v Plymouth, everything associated with Wembley and just the general manner in which he played.

I also fondly remember BST's 'Rubbish Alonso' to the tune of Chas and Dave's Rabbit, Rabbit, inspired by a Wales fan, who had been very impressed with Stock and was actually praising him highly, with the comparison, following his international debut.

Thank you and good luck.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:06:49 am by JonWallsend »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 10, 2012, 12:04:48 am by Filo »
A proper footballer.  I remember seeing him at Millmoor (second appearance on might even have been his debut) and he ran the game and I never thought then that Preston would allow him to join permanently, however they couldn't wait to get rid. 

He fitted Rovers and was very much a talisman for everything that SOD stood for and the way that we played.

I wish him all the best.  We have had fantastic service from him considering that a member of his family told me, during our first championship season, that his back was 'totally gubbed' and needed careful man management to get through a game- let alone a run of games.

My Stock highlights were his screamer v Plymouth, everything associated with Wembley and just the general manner in which he played.

I also fondly remember BST's 'Rubbish Alonso' to the tune of Chas and Dave's Rabbit, Rabbit, inspired by a Wales fan, who had been very impressed with Stock and was actually praising him highly, with the comparison, following his international debut.

Thank you and good luck.

His debut was a JPT game at Huddersfield on a Tuesday night

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 10, 2012, 12:12:31 am by IDM »
Wasn't that a league fixture,  0-0 draw?

pubteam

« Reply #59 on August 10, 2012, 12:41:41 am by pubteam »
Wasn't that a league fixture,  0-0 draw?

Yep. SOD signed him straight after being appointed, and he played in SOD's first game in charge: 0-0 at Huddersfield in League One.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012