Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 11:32:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What a difference a win makes  (Read 2357 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
What a difference a win makes
« on August 18, 2012, 10:32:03 pm by ravenrover »
24 little hours
Come on people voice of reason etc. lets sleep on it and see what Tuesday brings before we all get too excited, I hope that this is the beginning of something special, AGAIN, but as Mr Saunders  might say "it's a long season" "45 more games to go" " we can still improve" etc etc
Enjoy today, sober up tomorrow and let's look forward to Tuesday and then maybe a top of the table clash on Saturday....now who's getting excited!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: What a difference a win makes
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2012, 10:49:44 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I think you are really !!

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2012, 10:51:51 pm by bigbadjack »
And me!!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2012, 10:55:01 pm by Standanista »
And me.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2012, 10:57:31 pm by bigbadjack »
And standanista

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2012, 11:01:08 pm by dknward2 »
Iam can't wait for tues night hope the result today can put a few hundred on the gate

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2012, 11:01:46 pm by bigbadjack »
And dknward2

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2012, 11:10:59 pm by RobTheRover »
And me and the chief bridesmaid.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2012, 11:13:50 pm by bigbadjack »
Yeah and roberto and the chief bridesmaid.... Good girl

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2012, 03:09:34 am by roversontheup »
I shall be more nervous in the run up to Tuesday than I was yesterday. Yesterday I would have been happy with a draw but after such a convincing win I want to 'dare to dream' that we can pull off another win at the Keepmoat on Tuesday night.
 But.....this script seems really familiar. Hope It's not the ending I remember!
Whatever the result though I am excited about the season and really think they will put a smile back on our faces.

:rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2012, 06:25:31 am by RedJ »
I shall be more nervous in the run up to Tuesday than I was yesterday. Yesterday I would have been happy with a draw but after such a convincing win I want to 'dare to dream' that we can pull off another win at the Keepmoat on Tuesday night.
 But.....this script seems really familiar. Hope It's not the ending I remember!
Whatever the result though I am excited about the season and really think they will put a smile back on our faces.

:rtid:

I think we as fans are getting back to what JR really wanted..

A pub team having a laugh! :scarf:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2012, 09:36:29 am by The Red Baron »
Delighted that we started the season with a win- and a comfortable one at that, despite what the possession stats may say. Walsall lacked the quality to hurt us and the second and third goals both knocked the stuffing out of them as they were both scored at times when Walsall seemed to be getting on top.

As someone who would have happily taken a point before the game, I'm more than happy, but I wouldn't take Walsall as being a benchmark of the standard in this League. They operate on a very small budget and regard survival in League One as success. We'll have to beat much better than that this season and our tactics of absorb and counter-punch will not work so well at home.

Still- sets us up nicely for two home games in a week.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2012, 10:34:57 am by Red wizard »
TRB. I don't think we will play like that at home. Deano said we let them have the ball. They are a side who like to have a lot of possesion and at home they will get the loins share against a lot of teams. At home i think we will be a different side. Also i think we had a couple more gears to go. But its good to know we can go away and hit teams on the break. We look solid at the back.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2012, 10:42:43 am by jonnydog »
TRB. I don't think we will play like that at home. Deano said we let them have the ball. They are a side who like to have a lot of possesion and at home they will get the loins share...

I wish I could get a share ofrs JD's loins at home!!!     ;)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2012, 10:58:21 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
What a great start for us yesterday.  Dont want to get too optomistic but I cant help it  :)

As a previous poster set though, Walsall aren't a benchmark of what we can expect to see at this level.  There are much better teams out there, but wins breed confidence and vice versa so lets keep going.

Another win on Tuesday and dont get beat on Saturday against Crawley and it will be a great start to the season  :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2012, 11:57:55 am by RobTheRover »
Crawley play Swindon on Tuesday night so wont be getting it all their own way.  A had fought game will be in our favour for saturday.

Bury had few chances against Brentford yesterday I gather, 5 shots all game against Brentford's 10 shots according to the Beeb, so I think with a little adjustment to please our baying mob a positive, attacking approach could pay dividends on Tuesday.  2 wins from 2 would surely exceed most fans expectations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012