Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:17:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How did we play tonight?  (Read 4185 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
How did we play tonight?
« on August 28, 2012, 10:01:00 pm by Red Rover »
Couldn't make it tonight, curious how we played, decent score line  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nortikorner

• Forum Member
Re: How did we play tonight?
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2012, 10:15:10 pm by nortikorner »
with passion brill

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 28, 2012, 10:16:05 pm by MrFrost »
Awful first half. Different team in the second. More fight than I have seen from a Rovers side in a long time.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 28, 2012, 10:20:41 pm by Not Now Kato »
Great game. Lots of passion and pace.  We deserved to win on the night. Woods pulled off a great save to keep us in it, and when we scored our second there was only one team going to win.    :scarf:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 28, 2012, 10:26:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
That was like the JPT v Crewe and I haven't left the KM with such a buzz for a very long time, winning was fantastic but the determination and passion shown by the players was even better, Husband looks as comfortable on the right has he does on the left, what a find. Tommy Spurr links up on the left allowing the wingers to cut in side, Harper grew into the game and started to boss the middle. Syers was tireless, linked up well was always showing for the ball and obviously scored twice but Copps was outstanding best player on the pitch apart from Husband. Oh and Gary Woods pulled off 2 fantastic saves, might have been 3 and only looked dodgy on one cross.

Fantastic performance in the second half they deserve a big tie for that.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 28, 2012, 10:28:09 pm by the vicar »
that was the best hour of football i have seen from a rovers side for a long long time.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 28, 2012, 10:31:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Woodsy just needs games consistently and he'll come good.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 28, 2012, 10:36:37 pm by Red wizard »
Well well well. Got to say that was superb. I think we was still in the changing rooms for the first 20 mins. Keegan,Harper, bossed the midfield second half. Syers looked like he played up front, won headers tackled and scored 2 good goals. Harper must start on sat. Blake played well just lacks a bit of pace. All in all a very good night. We kicked lumps out of mind. Captain fantastic picked us up and drove us on for the win. Great player.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 28, 2012, 10:44:10 pm by bobjimwilly »
that was the best hour of football i have seen from a rovers side for a long long time.

totally agree - RTID!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 28, 2012, 10:47:21 pm by RobTheRover »
That's the best value for £10 I've ever had. I'm proper hoarse now. What a game.

I genuinely pity those who couldn't make it for whatever reason tonight. They missed an absolute barnstormer. 

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 28, 2012, 10:51:20 pm by andysly »
I thought we'd get slammed 0-5 after that first 20 minutes. Hull were faster and better all over the pitch.
Then out of nowhere the "big man" up front, Copps gets up to win a header and Syers whacks in a great strike. From then on Rovers were a different side.
Very well played all 11.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 28, 2012, 11:02:15 pm by scuzzer »

totally agree - RTID!

Thirded!! Fantastic last 60 minutes, finally some proper passion and guts shown! Brilliant stuff.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 28, 2012, 11:06:13 pm by albie »
Dull blog has a match report from a fan who didn't go.....lad sounds bitter to be honest!

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2012/08/report-doncaster-a-league-cup/?

As for Donny being "armpit town", got to say that if you live in Hull, an escape to anywhere would be welcome.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 28, 2012, 11:20:50 pm by andysly »
Just looked at that crap. That was 5 minutes of my life wasted. t**t. And he slates us for rubbing it in about div3 title. He obviously prefers to forget the "pub team" comments from Humberside.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 28, 2012, 11:23:14 pm by BobG »
I suppose the word's full of opinions. I rather liked it :) Intelligent, wry, funny, observant. Oh well. Silly me.

BobG

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 28, 2012, 11:23:46 pm by mushRTID »
His Tim ryan rant is outrageous!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 28, 2012, 11:24:55 pm by BobG »
Agree with that Mush.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 28, 2012, 11:30:20 pm by hoolahoop »
Deary deary me he isn't happy but coming from that crappy city no wonder. I AREN'T interested in your chavvy shite blog  as once again.................WE WON.  :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :whistle:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 28, 2012, 11:45:05 pm by RobTheRover »
I suppose the word's full of opinions. I rather liked it :) Intelligent, wry, funny, observant. Oh well. Silly me.

BobG

I rather enjoyed that too. I like the fact the flyby still rankles after all these years.

I love you,  Wayne. Your delusions of grandeur and your snubbing of a match involving a club you purport to support for the simple reason it was against us is ignamy of the highest order,  and has just been the cherry on the cake of a great hull-bashing night.

Serious question. Can we play you every week?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 28, 2012, 11:46:55 pm by Donnywolf »
That's the best value for £10 I've ever had. I'm proper hoarse now. What a game.

I genuinely pity those who couldn't make it for whatever reason tonight. They missed an absolute barnstormer. 

I feel "sorry" for the kid in South Stand probably about Q435 or so who got up and left after 10 minutes with the score of course 0-2

It WAS a display similar to Crewe JPT and I too got real value for my Tenner

Tremedous come from behind win especially after the display v Crawley

EVEN the Ref could not mar the night although he tried his best to do so
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:49:36 pm by DONNYWOLF »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 28, 2012, 11:56:04 pm by RobTheRover »
And you are bloody deaf,  Wolfie. I was calling you at half time when you were wandering around taking photos like a little boy lost. 

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2012, 12:00:51 am by dknward2 »
I did say to the wife that if we are losing 2-0 at half time we would leave 10/15 mins later Sayers steps up to the mark so glad he did one of the top five games in the keepmoat

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2012, 12:15:17 am by andysly »
I had thoughts of the Crewe game too.
Nice to see us scoring a few goals as well and importantly a few different players getting their names on the scoresheet.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2012, 12:25:28 am by Filo »

BobG

I rather enjoyed that too. I like the fact the flyby still rankles after all these years.

I love you,  Wayne. Your delusions of grandeur and your snubbing of a match involving a club you purport to support for the simple reason it was against us is ignamy of the highest order,  and has just been the cherry on the cake of a great hull-bashing night.

Serious question. Can we play you every week?

Yes, it makes the flyby well worth it when it got under the skin as much as that!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2012, 12:26:13 am by Dagenham Rover »

I feel "sorry" for the kid in South Stand probably about Q435 or so who got up and left after 10 minutes with the score of course 0-2

It WAS a display similar to Crewe JPT and I too got real value for my Tenner

Tremedous come from behind win especially after the display v Crawley

EVEN the Ref could not mar the night although he tried his best to do so

He did didn't he

yarmouth rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 29, 2012, 10:41:25 am by yarmouth rover »
 :clapping: best game i have been too for a long time, second half was brilliant can't wait for next game.
i feel the team we have now has great potential and needs us to bring them more support.  Brilliant game rovers loved it.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 29, 2012, 10:55:24 am by roversontheup »
I am another one comparing last night to the Crewe cup match. Especially when Syers scored the winner. It was a real JJ Price moment!
Agree also that it was the most exciting match I have seen for a long time......and the tackles....how I enjoyed seeing those.  Mind you a few of Harpers were a bit wild!
 :rtid:

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 29, 2012, 11:16:18 am by eastender »
Rob Jones Funny as F@ck(second half ) when their lad got away from him near the half way line and then headed towards goal.....Rob (not wanting him to get away) decided to take one for the team and deliberately tried to trip him up ,not once but twice, but fortunately he missed twice.  :)

A good job he did or we'd have been down to 10 men and probably been deprived of that great finale ,  because he'd have got a Yellow for it to go with the one he picked up later.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 29, 2012, 11:38:59 am by weststander »
Emotional rollercoaster. Thought we were in for a real stuffing after the first 10 mins with some poor defending for the goals. Syers' first goal gave me some hope, fabulous strike with a great assist from Copps. Second half real swashbuckling cup tie stuff leading to an ecstatic finale.
Thought Husband's tackle on Cainey was fair if very robust. Didn't see the sending off incident.
Disppointed with Blake. Have to say not sure what he gives us based on last night. Seemed to lose possession every time he got the ball.
Finally, the reaction of some of our fans to Cainey after he was injured left me with a bad taste. The lad was clearly not faking it and to react in that way was unsporting to say the least.
 :rtid: :scarf:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 29, 2012, 11:47:31 am by Dagenham Rover »

Finally, the reaction of some of our fans to Cainey after he was injured left me with a bad taste. The lad was clearly not faking it and to react in that way was unsporting to say the least.
 :rtid: :scarf:

I think the issue was more a case of they should have got him off the pitch to allow play to continue...........
Now if Mr K had been reffing he'd have been dragging him off the pitch

TinyPortal © 2005-2012