Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:09:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Husband  (Read 3550 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
James Husband
« on August 28, 2012, 10:15:27 pm by MrFrost »
He is going to be one hell of a player.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Re: James Husband
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2012, 10:22:44 pm by PaulRover08 »
He is going to be one hell of a player.

He already is one hell of a player. Second only to Syers tonight.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 28, 2012, 10:23:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed. Syers and Husband and Copps on the rostrum,  with special mention to Woods in goal. What a save that was in the second half!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 28, 2012, 10:29:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Agreed. Syers and Husband and Copps on the rostrum,  with special mention to Woods in goal. What a save that was in the second half!

He made 2 Rob, one a shot from the left hand side of the box and then getting his fingers on to Simpsons shot to push it onto the post.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 28, 2012, 11:04:03 pm by mattco »
Woods played really well.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 28, 2012, 11:06:44 pm by hoolahoop »

He made 2 Rob, one a shot from the left hand side of the box and then getting his fingers on to Simpsons shot to push it onto the post.

True how he got that one God only knows, well done Gary Woods. :)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 28, 2012, 11:07:43 pm by scuzzer »
Husband was immense tonight, that crunching tackle towards the end of the first half changed the game, we grew a foot and they turned their back on the fight.

He'll forever be a favourite with me from this day onwards for that tackle that started the finest and most unexpected comeback i've ever witnessed!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 28, 2012, 11:17:11 pm by Alan_Rovers »
It's a good job Husband can challenge because there were a few occasions when he got mugged and beaten far too easily. No idea what Steve Bruce is moaning about for criticising him though because his challenge looked fine from where I was sat.

Gary Woods did well too. Still don't want him as our regular keeper though.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 28, 2012, 11:20:22 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Brutal tackling....

Totally agreed wonderful prospect

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 28, 2012, 11:56:07 pm by RoversAlias »
Husband really struggled at first but eventually he settled and did an excellent job under difficult circumstances. It isn't easy as an 18 year old with less than half a dozen games under your belt to come here and play in two positions that you aren't favourable at against a higher standard of opposition. Fair play to him and I agree that he was second only to Syers tonight.

He put in so many great full blooded tackles. Actions like that will get you loved for a long time at a club like this.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 29, 2012, 12:03:51 am by dknward2 »
He was great tonight keep playing like that at least we know we have cover for left and right back

Hope he stays with us for a long time

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 29, 2012, 04:37:20 pm by ravenrover »
I think there will one or two of the big boys sniffing around young James.
Carry on like this and he has a hell of a future and could make DRFC a few bob as well

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 29, 2012, 04:38:35 pm by The L J Monk »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 29, 2012, 04:40:24 pm by Filo »

The Balls already been played I presume?

pubteam

« Reply #14 on August 29, 2012, 04:43:51 pm by pubteam »
The description on that site describes it as an 'appaling foul.'

A foul wasn't even given, was it? Husband played the ball, and play went on.

People are comparing it with what happened to Sharp at Brighton last year, but the difference is, Husband got the ball, whereas the Brighton player didn't get anywhere near it.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 29, 2012, 04:51:51 pm by The L J Monk »
The idea that if you "play the ball" it can't be a foul isn't reflected in the laws of the game.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 29, 2012, 04:54:02 pm by Superspy »
Well the ref obviously didn't think it was excessive force, even though he nearly killed the guy, haha. Either way the crowd seemed to enjoy it.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 29, 2012, 04:59:49 pm by DonnyNoel »
Having not seen the challenge (and reading several comments on the Hull forum from people at the game who viewed it as a fair tackle) thats not really a helpful picture at all. Its hard to tell the proximity of Husband's back leg to the Hull players leg so whilst it may look it, you can't determine if its a two footed scissor tackle from that pic.

Also, if thats after the event there could have been anything that happened before it, Husband could have swept the ball away unchallenged and both players momentum brought them together.

With the Sharp pic you could see quite clearly where the ball was and more detail of the impact between the players.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 29, 2012, 05:02:43 pm by Rios »
Husband's a fantastic prospect who'll hopefully go on to bigger and better things, but taking the rose tinted spectacles off for a minute...

The reality is it was a forceful challenge that went through the player and that still catches him at knee height going through the player so it's little surprise he got injured.  Getting the ball is no longer a defence and hasn't been for a number of years so it baffles me why people still cling to this as a justification.  The lad who was injured was running the midfield up to that point and if it'd been our player who'd been on the receiving end Saunders and everyone on here would have been making just as much a fuss as Hull are especially as the incompetent ref missed a lot of challenges that Mr Kettle on Saturday would have had red cards out for.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 29, 2012, 05:23:00 pm by The Beast »
Couldn't really see the tackle as I finished up in a box on the East stand. Looking at that picture though whether Husband won the ball or not that looks like a pretty horrendous challenge!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 29, 2012, 05:31:19 pm by ravenrover »
If my memory serves me well the tackle was close to the referee who I think had a clear view of it hence no foul given. Also it was a 50/50 ball that the Hull player bottled out of which is probably the reason he was injured. No rose tinted glasses but the single photo does not give a clear picture, see what I did just there?  :laugh:, of the whole incident. No reaction from the players which in my mind says a lot, and just a half hearted attempt at retribution by McLean shortly afterwards, what did make me smile was the way Jones walked over and just lifted James to his feet, get on with it lad I know who did it ;) JMHO

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2012, 07:15:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think James is more than a prospect, for me he's performed well enough both last season and this to warrant a starting berth. He's good enough so let's play him.

Being young and home grown he's one that fans will love to see doing well. Quinn for me isn't doing enough so far.

pubteam

« Reply #22 on August 29, 2012, 07:20:14 pm by pubteam »
I think James is more than a prospect, for me he's performed well enough both last season and this to warrant a starting berth. He's good enough so let's play him.

Being young and home grown he's one that fans will love to see doing well. Quinn for me isn't doing enough so far.

But Quinn is a right back. Husband is a left back.

I think Quinn looks decent anyway. Probably hasn't hit the peak of his fitness yet, but he looks a more than capable player to me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012