Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:22:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio Commentary  (Read 1855 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Radio Commentary
« on August 28, 2012, 11:58:21 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I was sat listening to the Radio Humberside commentary,well i say that but it was half commentary half Beatles song with many others breaking into the commentary,i dare not move when i got a decent signal,then we went two nil down,after me fancying us to win two one,that was that one out of the window!!,interestingly enough they interviewed a Hull fan outside he almost got the result right three two but he obviously went for them,by the sound of the commentary we didn't touch the ball for ten minutes,was this right or bias on the stations part?.
The stick they were giving Robbie Blake was unbelievable,they had a right fixation on his weight,one of them said last time we played them in pre-season,his backside was that big you could see it on google earth!!,then one of them said it's a shame to see him like this he used to be a great player!!,anyway they had gone two up,so what does the commentator do that always signals a goal?,he says there's no way back for Donny,Amos should have brought his deckchair,just after Syers hit his first goal,and they had somebody send a comment straight in taking the p..s out of the commentator.
Once the first goal went in for us you could just sense we were going to come back from being behind,what a fantastic fight back,how gutted am i not to have been tonight,the last goal i thought Paynter had got his first goal for us,the signal was that bad,all i knew was somebody had scored for us,Syers again,you could just feel the commentators sinking further down in there chairs,every goal that went in for us,then to cap it all a Rovers fan was giving them stick shouting ''we've thrashed you'',the commentator said ''Hardly'',i was absolutely p..sing myself,they just couldn't take it!!!-What a Result!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Radio Commentary
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2012, 12:04:47 am by RoversAlias »
They can ridicule Blake all they like, they did nothing to stop him giving Syers the perfect knockdown to put us on the way!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2012, 12:08:45 am by Filo »
That sounds just like my listening of the game, I managed to get parked on a bridge over the M18 at Hatfield, that little bit higher up managed to drown the Beatles and Patsy cline out enough to get a half decent reception, until some Foreign station decided they wanted to get in on the interference, I gave up on 90 minutes, thinking that it would be extra time and the commentary would be on Radio Sheffield FM, I switched stations and the first words I heard was, "there`s been a goal at the Keepmoat"

You`re right about the Humberside Commentators though, all they kept saying was how it was too easy for City!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2012, 12:13:25 am by RobTheRover »
Funny that,  all the Hull fans were singing Easy,  Easy too after 15 minutes. You should have seen them sneaking out when our 3rd went in.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2012, 01:29:49 am by RobTheRover »
McKenna had a kick at Jones after he had nipped in front of the little sh!t on the edge of our own box and nicked the ball off him.  It was a proper shin high whack.  Jones turned on him and said a few choice words and McKenna pushed Jones away, so Jones pushed back.

All hadbags really, but the ref must have deemed the kick as violent conduct to produce the straight red.  Jones got a yellow for the handbags bit.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2012, 04:42:56 pm by ravenrover »
They can ridicule Blake all they like, they did nothing to stop him giving Syers the perfect knockdown to put us on the way!

Think you might find it was Copps who gave the perfect knockdown

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2012, 04:45:18 pm by ravenrover »
McKenna had a kick at Jones after he had nipped in front of the little sh!t on the edge of our own box and nicked the ball off him.  It was a proper shin high whack.  Jones turned on him and said a few choice words and McKenna pushed Jones away, so Jones pushed back.

All hadbags really, but the ref must have deemed the kick as violent conduct to produce the straight red.  Jones got a yellow for the handbags bit.

Not splitting hairs Rob but I thought that Jones just blocked McKenna, something he has been doing in the last few matches, to prevent him chasing down on a backpass to Woods which lead to McKenna lashing out with the boot.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 29, 2012, 10:46:12 pm by RobTheRover »
That was the "nipped in front of the little sh!t"  bit,  mate. Yes,  he held him off and used his body to shield the ball. Maybe I under played it a tad. ;)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2012, 09:14:45 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Thought Blake has a great game.

In fact all the new players that came in did!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012