Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:08:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps  (Read 2701 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Copps
« on August 29, 2012, 08:35:36 am by Colin C No.3 »
Didn't get to the game last night (had a touch of the Norfolks!).

How did Coppinger perform?

I take it DS played him for the full 90+ minutes in order that Hull could take a closer look at what (as the much loved Jim Bowen would have said), "they could have won".

P.S. 1) 4700, hang your head in shame Doncaster.

2) The atmosphere was rubbish. Didn't hear one Rovers chant from my bed in Burnley.

3) No one stayed back to watch the Belles (or as Norfolk calls them 'the bells'). Yes I know they weren't playing but that's not the point.

(Enough negativity/pointless 'listings' in there for you Norfolk?)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Copps
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2012, 08:56:50 am by Donnywolf »
Suffice it to say if we played 26 JC to give Hull a good look at him and IF he was trying to impress them then everybody got what they wanted from the arrangement

He had imo a great game and the only surprise was not that he made the winner but that he actually did not score the winner.

If they were proposing to buy him it will be a foregone conclusion after that display

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2012, 08:58:52 am by The Beast »
Looked class when he got the ball, he can dictate the pace and make things happen. Set up both Syers' goals, great run and pass for the winner. Shame we can't afford to keep him because his creativity and composure shine through.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2012, 09:00:35 am by DearneValleyRover »
Agree DW head and shoulders above anyone they had on the pitch

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2012, 09:04:05 am by Filo »
Hull will probably be on the lookout for a central midfielder now that Cairney and Mckenna are out, so the interest in Copps might cool a little

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2012, 09:37:15 am by danumdon »
Did what we all know he will do when on song, I've always thought we've  held James back somewhat and playing in a side like Hull for example would bring out all the best qualities of a very skillful player on a more regular basis. From incisive flicks and positional sense to winning a header from a long ball against a brute of a defender to setup that cracker for Sayers.

SOD tried to build a side around him and almost succeeded but ran out of funding and quality just when needed.

Very undecided about what i want to happen for the lad now, for his sake he deserves a final crack at a club who can really develop and shine, it would be our loss but hopefully the cash will bring us much needed reinforcements for us to kick on.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2012, 12:59:01 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed, but we wouldnt have won that game if he hadnt played last night.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2012, 10:00:18 am by eastender »
Paul Goodwin tweeted

Leeds United also thought to be considering a beat-the-deadline move for James Coppinger
 :thumbdown:

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #8 on August 30, 2012, 10:04:34 am by Rovin Reporter »
1 out 3 in that's got to or it's going to be a difficult season.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2012, 10:32:55 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Didn't get to the game last night (had a touch of the Norfolks!).

How did Coppinger perform?

I take it DS played him for the full 90+ minutes in order that Hull could take a closer look at what (as the much loved Jim Bowen would have said), "they could have won".

P.S. 1) 4700, hang your head in shame Doncaster.

2) The atmosphere was rubbish. Didn't hear one Rovers chant from my bed in Burnley.

3) No one stayed back to watch the Belles (or as Norfolk calls them 'the bells'). Yes I know they weren't playing but that's not the point.

(Enough negativity/pointless 'listings' in there for you Norfolk?)

Yep £3k turned up on Tues and created a brillant atmosphere probably the best since Crewe in Semi Final

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2012, 01:09:29 pm by RobTheRover »
This £3k?

Was it in new notes or ha'pennies in a wheelbarrow?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012