Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:34:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Standing/ Singing area  (Read 5773 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Standing/ Singing area
« on August 30, 2012, 07:37:48 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Mentioned with Paul Goodwin discussion Baldwin....looking at 2013-2014 great idea !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Standing/ Singing area
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2012, 08:16:09 pm by RobTheRover »
We've been pushing for this for a while,  and Gavin has been receptive to the idea. All we wanted was some choice. Sit or stand.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2012, 08:23:49 pm by Chris »
I'd be really pleased if we were able to implement this. Would standing tickets be cheaper (not that this season's tickets aren't fairly priced)?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2012, 08:28:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Probably not. It would be a straight choice of standing or sitting. We've suggested how it could be done and the club have listened and are thinking about implementation.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2012, 02:34:58 am by RoversAlias »
But is it not still totally illegal to have a standing area due to the Taylor report at this time?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2012, 05:11:15 am by Mr1Croft »
The Taylor report was not Legislation but rather a report with recommendations.

Standing is not against the law Alias, there is no legislation that states otherwise, however it is against Ground Regulations, just like taking any pictures or recording inside the stadium, strictly speaking that is why the Police normally don't get involved in standing problems with stewards.

In fact I'm sure that at Championship and PL (and UEFA competitions) sitting is complusory, but there isn't such a law/regulation regarding standing for league one and below.

However fans are 'permitted' to stand when:

a) Moving from their seat (to the toilet etc.,)

b) When the ball is out of play (if you stand up every time the ball leaves the field you technically aren't violating ground regulations

and

c) During times of high excitement (this is the controversial one because what do you class as high excitement? The sad thing the stewards are the judge of this one).

If a football club wanted to they can permit standing areas, (not sure on the ground regulations regarding stadium safety management though). The FSF are currently touring the country with an example of how Germany have implemented Rail seating which involves bolting the seats up for all standing in Bundesliga and then transforming them for the CL or EL.

It has been proved that seating is just as dangerous as terraces, and it causes more problems that solves, more and more people are standing in seating areas which is much more dangerous. Its not about bringing back terraces, its about giving people the choice between standing and seating.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2012, 07:18:01 am by Chris Black come back »
We've been pushing for this for a while,  and Gavin has been receptive to the idea. All we wanted was some choice. Sit or stand.

This is great news. Nobody should be forced to stand or forced to sit. Folk should be given a CHOICE rather than the myopic refusal to allow grown adults to exercise their own judgement about how they want to watch the game.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2012, 07:59:12 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Same we cant get those singers in west stand in South Stand?

Must be about 50 for them in north west?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2012, 10:06:41 am by silent majority »
Lee,

Just a slight correction.

There is legislation that states that all PL and Championship clubs have to have all seater stadium and part of the granting of the safety certificate for that stadium will be the ground regulation that states you must enforce that regulation. The level to which that is enforced is governed by the relationship between the owners of the stadium, the safety officer and the Safety Advisory Group. To relax that regulation all 3 would have to have a common understanding, which is why there is so much differential form ground to ground.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2012, 11:30:24 am by colin cramb »
This would be fantastic, create an area for 500-1000 people and only sell that specific amount of tickets.. Instant atmosphere!! "Come on a skateboard, you must of come on a skateboard!!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2012, 11:36:09 am by jonnydog »
If this was implemented I would happily switch seats to be in there. You don't half get funny looks when you get excited in the West :lol:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 31, 2012, 12:30:18 pm by RobTheRover »
I get even funnier looks when I get excited down south!!!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 31, 2012, 01:40:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Lee,

There is legislation that states that all PL and Championship clubs have to have all seater stadium and part of the granting of the safety certificate for that stadium will be the ground regulation that states you must enforce that regulation. The level to which that is enforced is governed by the relationship between the owners of the stadium, the safety officer and the Safety Advisory Group. To relax that regulation all 3 would have to have a common understanding, which is why there is so much differential form ground to ground.

This is what I was referring to really. Though I did forget we are no longer in the Championship :P

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 31, 2012, 01:47:19 pm by silent majority »
Lee,

This is what I was referring to really. Though I did forget we are no longer in the Championship :P

Yes, but once you have been made an all seater stadium, or received funding from the Football Foundation there is no going back.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 31, 2012, 10:00:38 pm by FuzzyDuck »

Yes, but once you have been made an all seater stadium, or received funding from the Football Foundation there is no going back.

Why no going back.

Take out the seats carefully and put them in storage somewhere.  For a standing stadium, you now have a problem because the terrace steps are too high as they were designed for seated fans.  So you put a crush barrier on every step.  Let someone tell me that that won't be safe!

In any case, if the FL do get arsey about it, you remove the crush barriers and replace with the seats you carefully removed. 

Cost SFA really, particularly as you would only create a standing area for 500-1000 fans and then expand if necessary.

We should give it a try!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 31, 2012, 10:48:15 pm by silent majority »
Well if you want to go back then you have to repay the Football Foundation money first. Most clubs can't/won't do that.

The rake of the stand is what is important and the calculated 'C' values not how high the terrace steps are. I don't see a problem with the Keepmoat but the concourse size and evacuation times for increased numbers need to be calculated too.

As you see not that simple, but not too complicated or impossible either.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012