Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:38:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Transfer deadline day - our CEO says we could see movement in the hour!  (Read 6017 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
I apologise for starting another thread on this subject but I didn't want this to get lost amongst the other information out there.

I had a chat with Gavin earlier today, more as a catch up from my holiday, but of course I asked the questions about what was happening at the club and the answers were given! So here goes,

Firstly the owners of the club are really happy with Dean and want to reward the good start to the season so he has permission to go and get the striker he really wants, this is really good business for DRFC. What I mean by that is the terms suit us as well as the other parties involved.

We have interest from 2 other clubs about two of our players, one has been reported on here quite heavily, and this may happen today but nobody knows if it will. Hull have certainly dropped any interest in any of our players.

The second player of interest to another club is a bit of a surprise to me, but could be good for both parties if that was to happen. The reason I say that is Dean has players lined up to replace those that go, if they do go! If they don't then no harm done but one of the names in the frame will surprise a lot of Rovers fans as he was of interest to us some time ago.

So the feel good factor is present at the club again, people are smiling and optimistic for the future, the owners have relaxed some of the conditions for player purchase as a reward for all the good work Dean has done. Again I have to say that the management structure at the club is working wonders and the results we are seeing are due to hard work and good decisions being made. Long may that continue!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC MYERS

Re: Transfer deadline day - our CEO says we could see movement in the hour!
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2012, 11:36:46 am by DRFC MYERS »
thanks s_m! im guessing the striker will be hume and he is the one being announced at 12.

some good information :) keep us updated on anything else you hear!

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
Thanks for that, SM.

That last paragraph is the important one.  No matter what any individual fans are thinking, the board are fully behind the management and it just needs the rest of us to start pulling in the same direction.

silent majority

• VSC Member
Thanks for that, SM.

That last paragraph is the important one.  No matter what any individual fans are thinking, the board are fully behind the management and it just needs the rest of us to start pulling in the same direction.

Spot on Dr! You, maybe more than most, would realise how important that is and I can't stress enough how good it is to see at last!

silent majority

• VSC Member
By the way, no mention of Bennett at all so that should settle some peoples nerves.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #5 on August 31, 2012, 11:46:22 am by DRFC MYERS »
By the way, no mention of Bennett at all so that should settle some peoples nerves.

Hurray! btw i bet that player people wouldnt think might be woods

jonnydog

• VSC Member
or martis  :coat:

barber2384

• Forum Member

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Michael Owen !!!!

Chris

• Forum Member
Sounds good! Thank you for the update! I'll be glad when the transfer window is firmly shut!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Iain hume on loan until january

podrover73

• Forum Member
or martis  :coat:

Praying its martis
But no one would sign a player who was injured.........oh hang on a minute!!!!!

DRFC MYERS

GallagherLad

• Forum Member
Peterborough interested in Bennett (apparently)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Peterborough interested in Bennett (apparently)

No they are not.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
it cant be martis as silient majority says no harm done if it doesnt come off and i would say such a smart bloke would know martis staying with us is a lot of harm done lol

anyone think spurr seems a logical thought after what silent majority has said
because if he goes we have cover from husband and can sign 2/3 players but if he stays we still have a great player

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Spurr good bet and indeed a Championship player who should demand a fee

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #17 on August 31, 2012, 01:05:04 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I apologise for starting another thread on this subject but I didn't want this to get lost amongst the other information out there.

I had a chat with Gavin earlier today, more as a catch up from my holiday, but of course I asked the questions about what was happening at the club and the answers were given! So here goes,

Firstly the owners of the club are really happy with Dean and want to reward the good start to the season so he has permission to go and get the striker he really wants, this is really good business for DRFC. What I mean by that is the terms suit us as well as the other parties involved.

We have interest from 2 other clubs about two of our players, one has been reported on here quite heavily, and this may happen today but nobody knows if it will. Hull have certainly dropped any interest in any of our players.

The second player of interest to another club is a bit of a surprise to me, but could be good for both parties if that was to happen. The reason I say that is Dean has players lined up to replace those that go, if they do go! If they don't then no harm done but one of the names in the frame will surprise a lot of Rovers fans as he was of interest to us some time ago.

So the feel good factor is present at the club again, people are smiling and optimistic for the future, the owners have relaxed some of the conditions for player purchase as a reward for all the good work Dean has done. Again I have to say that the management structure at the club is working wonders and the results we are seeing are due to hard work and good decisions being made. Long may that continue!

Thanks for that , it be a shame if they go we will miss them ..who exactly ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
No
Spurr good bet and indeed a Championship player who should demand a fee

No not Spurr.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
will you tell us after 5pm SM?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Thank god for that!!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
I reckon its Gary Woods.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 31, 2012, 01:11:19 pm by Filo »
will you tell us after 5pm SM?

The Window closes at 11pm

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Could it be Martino Woods? Hmm I wonder.

silent majority

• VSC Member
I will be keeping you up to date as best as I can. This may go on all day of course.

But, one already in. Everything else now depends on who goes out.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Gary Woods going?
More chance of Tiger woods signing.

northern soul

• Forum Member
Just for clarification.

Players that are currently free agents, what rules, if any, apply to them?
I'm thinking of the comment about a player previously linked with us, currently who is a fa, and would also fit in with the denial (or non denial) of names by sm.

I know nothing, and am just enjoying the day for what it is.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 31, 2012, 01:22:46 pm by Filo »
Just for clarification.

Players that are currently free agents, what rules, if any, apply to them?
I'm thinking of the comment about a player previously linked with us, currently who is a fa, and would also fit in with the denial (or non denial) of names by sm.

I know nothing, and am just enjoying the day for what it is.

Free agents can sign at any time

thumper

• Forum Member
Thanks for the updates much appreciated by everyone i'm sure.

Will there be no more incomings now unless someone leaves?

Cheers

burton_1989

• Forum Member
chris brown maybe ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012