Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Iain Hume  (Read 4799 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Iain Hume
« on August 31, 2012, 11:59:00 am by roverstillidie91 »
Signed on loan until january

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC MYERS

Re: Iain Hume
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2012, 12:01:06 pm by DRFC MYERS »
good news.. welcome!  :rtid:

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2012, 12:03:48 pm by keyser_soze »
Great news. Always tormented us for Barnsley!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2012, 12:06:58 pm by wing commander »
  Just had a look on the PNE forum and they have 44 pages on Hume..Crikey there seems to have been some strange things happening between him and the club recentley..
  Fresh start for the lad and a quality player if we can get his head right which must be mush if any of the things there saying is true..Great signing... :rtid:

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2012, 12:07:35 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I'm very happy with this one.  Scored 17 goals for PNE in this league last season  :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2012, 12:09:25 pm by RobTheRover »
Last time he played against us he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.  Happy with this signing.  Well done Dean and Gavin (and the Rovers board for recognising the funds needed to be found after our great start to the season).

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2012, 12:12:05 pm by uptonson »
Chris Morgan nearly killed Ian, Morgan gets injured playing at Keepmoat with a knee injury, at Keepmoat !!!!, and he has to finsh playing.  Who got the last laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol: :rtid:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2012, 12:16:45 pm by Red wizard »
Good signing. Come to think of it we havnt made a bad signing this summer.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2012, 12:17:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Maybe thats the first song we sing him.....

"We got Morgan for you, we got Morgan for you"

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2012, 12:18:47 pm by Chris »
Excellent signing. If all goes well what is the intention for January?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2012, 12:21:33 pm by silent majority »
Excellent signing. If all goes well what is the intention for January?

What would you think? As I said in my other post excellent business for DRFC and all done by Deano.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 31, 2012, 12:22:23 pm by RobTheRover »
I guess this is the best of both worlds.  Its clear that Preston dont want/cant afford him as he hasnt been given a squad number.  We can see how he goes for 4 months then make a decision on whether he stays or goes back.  I ssuspect he will rapidly become a fans favourite.  He was still like lightning the last time he played against us.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 31, 2012, 12:22:44 pm by wing commander »
 Although he only got 9 last year apparentley not 17 according to the pne lads..

neil grainger

« Reply #13 on August 31, 2012, 12:24:33 pm by neil grainger »
Last time he played against us he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.  Happy with this signing.  Well done Dean and Gavin (and the Rovers board for recognising the funds needed to be found after our great start to the season).

I remember that too Rob - wasn't it one of his first appearances after the terrible injury? I watched him closely that game and he caused us all sorts of problems.
I had no idea he'd scored 17 goals for PNE last season though - thanks for that info Belle Vue Ghost.

Good signing, which represents yet more positive news from the club. Well done to Dean & Co.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 31, 2012, 12:26:36 pm by The Red Baron »
Chris Morgan nearly killed Ian, Morgan gets injured playing at Keepmoat with a knee injury, at Keepmoat !!!!, and he has to finsh playing.  Who got the last laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol: :rtid:

Was that the same game where Morgan tried to do to James Hayter what he'd done to Hume?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 31, 2012, 12:27:34 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #16 on August 31, 2012, 12:30:28 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Signed on loan until january
Why loan are they after a fee?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 31, 2012, 12:36:55 pm by The Red Baron »
According to the terms of his loan he can't play for us against Preston.

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/hume-joins-doncaster-on-loan-344283.aspx?pageView=full

pubteam

« Reply #18 on August 31, 2012, 12:38:46 pm by pubteam »
Happy with that. Gives us something a bit different up front. Brown/Paynter are both good players with their backs to goal and good targets to aim for, but we've been lacking someone with a bit of pace who can run the channels etc.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 31, 2012, 12:40:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Assuming we dont field a late bid for Copps/Bennett I can see Hume being a huge success.  Technically an excellent footballer, just seemed to suffer with a bit of confidence following that cowardly assualt from Morgan.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 31, 2012, 12:49:26 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Glad we have got him as he might be useful at League One level but I think that incident with Chris Morgan at Sheffield United a few years ago has meant that he isn't the player he once was.

Didn't Hume play for Tranmere at this level a few years ago?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 31, 2012, 12:52:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes he did.

Here is his record..  http://www.soccerbase.com/players/home.sd?search=iain+hume

Quite impressive really.  Gets goals.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 31, 2012, 01:15:07 pm by Chris »
I don't buy that he's not the same player since his injury. He has been nothing short of excellent for Preston North End in both the Championship and in League One. He will be a great asset for us!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 31, 2012, 01:29:02 pm by the vicar »
Happy with that. Gives us something a bit different up front. Brown/Paynter are both good players with their backs to goal and good targets to aim for, but we've been lacking someone with a bit of pace who can run the channels etc.
i thought u swam the channels not run them lol

neil grainger

« Reply #24 on August 31, 2012, 02:41:24 pm by neil grainger »
I don't buy that he's not the same player since his injury. He has been nothing short of excellent for Preston North End in both the Championship and in League One. He will be a great asset for us!

Agreed Chris.

Reading the PNE forum, the vast majority speak very highly of him.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 31, 2012, 07:52:16 pm by Al4475 »
In my opinion a super signing!

One of those who when playing against us you wished we'd sign him!
A bit like Justin Jackso... sorry bad example, think again, hmmm...Carl Alf... nope another bad example - I know...big....Jon Park....ooops let's not go there!....Surely there must be one....  :lol:

Seriously - I think this is a huge signing and a massive thumbs up from me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When Preston went down the other season it would've been a great coup then to get Hume and Browny together - in this division plus Paynter and Blake - great forward line!

Again DS and his crew add a little more change to my initial opinions! Top man DS - Keep it up! I'll happily scoff even more humble pie if you keep churning out this calibre of signing:

Quinn, Jones, McCoombe, Syers, Cotterill, Blake, Paynter, Harper and now Hume - you cannot turn your nose up and pooh-pooh players of that ilk in this league that are affordable!

Especially not when you think of who has been replaced - great business for us at a fraction of the wages! Keep on going!

:scarf:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 31, 2012, 08:45:08 pm by BigH »
Have to agree AI. Better than Paynter. Were it not for Morgan's act of wanton vandalism, this guy would be in the Premiership by now.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 31, 2012, 08:52:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Have to agree AI. Better than Paynter. Were it not for Morgan's act of wanton vandalism, this guy would be in the Premiership by now.

Paynter and Hume - big and physical coupled with fast and clever?  Could be a phenomenal pairing.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 31, 2012, 08:59:36 pm by dknward2 »
Can't wait to see Hume at full match fitness working with paynter and brown (again) with the midfield we have now got we should have no problem scoring

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 31, 2012, 09:17:24 pm by Al4475 »
RTR: "Paynter and Hume - big and physical coupled with fast and clever?  Could be a phenomenal pairing."/b]

Hume and any one of Paynter, Brown and Blake - looking good for me now with this addition!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012