Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:45:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Breaking News! Congratulations to the board for turning down a bid!  (Read 5040 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Well its still transfer day and the club have today turned down a virtual last minute bid for Kyle Bennett!!

They have said all summer that they would do that and they have. I know its easy to say that when you don't have a bid on the table but they got one today and turned it down. The ambition and commitment is still there.

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:48:37 pm by silent_majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
was it 6 or 7 figures, because turning down a crap bid is certainly different to turning down a good bid especially for a player on low wages who has a long contract, i dont think we will be saying same this time next year when he wont sign another contract

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Breaking News! Congratulations to the board for turning down a bid!
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2012, 03:49:30 pm by mushRTID »
Well done the board.

is it right to assume its from Nottingham Forest?

northern soul

• Forum Member
 :evil:

Who from?   :boxing:

How longs left on his contract?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:53:08 pm by northern soul »

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #4 on August 31, 2012, 03:51:35 pm by DRFC MYERS »
GOOD!

glad to hear the board are committed to keeping benno...  :rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
Well done the board.

is it right to assume its from Nottingham Forest?

I couldn't possibly say!

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
The tweet makes me laugh.......'Rovers reject a bid from an unknown club'  :saywhat:

Unknown club? Pull the other one.

silent majority

• VSC Member
was it 6 or 7 figures, because turning down a crap bid is certainly different to turning down a good bid especially for a player on low wages who has a long contract, i dont think we will be saying same this time next year when he wont sign another contract

It was a very good six figure sum. But only half of what they would realisticly look at.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Never thought I'd say this but...fack off O'Driscoll!

Hope we hold out til the end of the day. As far as I am concerned it is pivotal that we keep hold of Bennett.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Very good for the club to give themselves some good publicity and say they have turned down a bid.

silent majority

• VSC Member
Very good for the club to give themselves some good publicity and say they have turned down a bid.

Its not about publicity, its about fan engagement! Its about the 'In Rovers We Trust' and promising to be honest and open in all their dealings in matters that affect their supporters.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member

Alan why bother posting? Even your 'positive posts' are laced with negative sarcasm, why don't you troll the Samaritans board?  :byebye:

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member

Its not about publicity, its about fan engagement! Its about the 'In Rovers We Trust' and promising to be honest and open in all their dealings in matters that affect their supporters.

Its a rare thing nowadays

Alot of clubs dont give a shit about the fans

Walking off a coach with huge earphones etc

Thats where ill say i have immense praise since we came down for how we are rebuilding, shame some clubs dont adopt this measure

Derby Viking

• Forum Member

:zzz:

silent majority

• VSC Member

Its a rare thing nowadays

Alot of clubs dont give a shit about the fans

Walking off a coach with huge earphones etc

Thats where ill say i have immense praise since we came down for how we are rebuilding, shame some clubs dont adopt this measure

Very true. Which is why I've described some of the work that DRFC are doing as 'ground breaking' and that's not OTT by any means.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
Alan could have a point , it's from the same board that told us they offered Sharp a new deal. I think all he is say is not to be blinkered . By the way I am happy how the season is going. But then again some people on here think only their opinion counts

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 31, 2012, 05:11:51 pm by Ldr »

Alan why bother posting? Even your 'positive posts' are laced with negative sarcasm, why don't you troll the Samaritans board?  :byebye:

Because he's an attention seeking c0ck?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 31, 2012, 05:13:28 pm by RedJ »
Alan could have a point , it's from the same board that told us they offered Sharp a new deal. I think all he is say is not to be blinkered . By the way I am happy how the season is going. But then again some people on here think only their opinion counts

was there ever anything to prove we didn't? he wanted Premier League football, Saints offered him the best chance to get that

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 31, 2012, 05:14:07 pm by yapper1901 »

It was a very good six figure sum. But only half of what they would realisticly look at.

so say its 500000 is there really any rovers fan who would turn down 500000 for bennett because if i was on the board he could go for anything more than 300000 plus 25 % for me he has potential but potential can go either way and a bird in the hand, with such a small squad that money could have been a god send
i mean i went to annual vsc meeting and jr thinks if bennett scores 20 goals this season he will put 3million on his head its just silly

i remember jr saying he had turned down a million for george friend last season and look how that turned out
some times i think our board have unrealistic figures when it comes to transfers and then when it comes to a postion where they have to sell they end up getting next to nothing i.e sharp, friend, oconner, etc

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 31, 2012, 05:18:36 pm by thumper »
A winger scoring 20 goals even at L1 level is pretty rare i bet 3mill wont be that far off given what players are going for these days.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 31, 2012, 05:25:12 pm by yapper1901 »
A winger scoring 20 goals even at L1 level is pretty rare i bet 3mill wont be that far off given what players are going for these days.

id agree with you but for some reason we never seem to get what players are worth and have always turned down more than we eventualy accept, eg friend etc

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 31, 2012, 05:33:56 pm by jonnydog »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we really need to get him tied into another improved contract as a matter of urgency

silent majority

• VSC Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we really need to get him tied into another improved contract as a matter of urgency

I'm sure we did. He isn't going anywhere unless a substantially improved offer comes our way.

cjs

« Reply #23 on August 31, 2012, 05:54:00 pm by cjs »
Peterborough paper said that Fergie was going to make a bid for Kyle today.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 31, 2012, 06:30:53 pm by jonnydog »

I'm sure we did. He isn't going anywhere unless a substantially improved offer comes our way.

Hope that's true, when does his contract end then?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 31, 2012, 10:55:14 pm by albie »
He signed originally for 2 years, so he is out of contract next summer, unless he signs an extension.

I am sure DRFC would publicise any new deal, so best to assume the contract situation is unchanged at present.

Last chance to cash in will be the January window, but with his deal running down, would you pay top dollar knowing he was soon out of contract?

No doubt his agent will look for the best deal for his client!

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 31, 2012, 11:12:20 pm by Akinfenwa »
He is under 24, therefore I think the worst case scenario is that we get some compensation for him next summer.

Given that we had to pay Bury £180k compensation for him when he'd only had half a season of regular League Two football under his belt I think we can expect a fair amount if it came to that. We would surely have sold him today for a "very good six figure sum" if not.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 31, 2012, 11:17:03 pm by Viking Don »

So the board would realisticly look at £2 Million tops for Bennet right now (and that's being very generous with someone offering £999,999, which is obviously shite)? If that's true then there are some very short sighted people wanting to make some quick cash.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 01, 2012, 12:11:31 am by RobTheRover »
You value him higher than £2M, VD?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 01, 2012, 09:02:54 am by Jonathan »
This is good news, especially as we have not exactly been resistant to bids for our top players over the last few years!

Perhaps if we can offload another player then some funds will be released to strengthen the squad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012