Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:37:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy Sharp  (Read 13250 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Billy Sharp
« Reply #30 on August 31, 2012, 09:29:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Perhaps he hasn't settled darn south

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 31, 2012, 09:34:07 pm by PaulRover08 »
Said all along he's not good enough for PL and this proves it. Didn't take long for Southampton to work that out.

How does it? He's played half an hour, if that of Premier League football. He's not going to prove anything if he's not being played. He's not even had a chance.

He's being let go by a team that will struggle in PL. How much proof that he's not regarded as good enough do you need? Take the emotion out of it. I, along with a few on here, were saying when he played for us that this is his level. He is a poacher that won't get that space in the PL. He has no pace anymore for whatever reason and was never going to score in the PL. I wanted him to do well too but Championship is the best he can do.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 31, 2012, 09:37:24 pm by Drover »
Maybe Billy or his wife are homesick?

Edit :Beat me to it Daggers,Tried posting for last 5 mins,kept getting warnings,then my connection froze.  :crying: :)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 31, 2012, 09:43:16 pm by jonnydog »
It's a loan. If they drop back down, which is a realistic possibility, then they still have a very good Championship player on their books. A player that will be fully fit, and he'll have had constant first team action which, theoretically, would increase his value.

It could be any number of reasons, but I still wish him all the best... Fkin scab  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:45:17 pm by jonnydog »

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 31, 2012, 09:51:37 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Nottingham Forest's new on loan striker Billy Sharp tweets: "Right then, I'm really sorry Saints fans - I'm off to Forest for the season. You've been amazing to me, love you all. Massive thanks and gutted to be leaving.

"But at the same time I'm wanted by a massive club in Forest so I'm buzzing for that chance. Can't wait to get going, hope to build."

pubteam

« Reply #35 on August 31, 2012, 10:17:46 pm by pubteam »
Anyone else feel really down about this?

I mean, I thought getting rid of SOD was the right decision, and still do. But now he's got himself a bigger, richer club with the sort of resources that can make them a force at Championship level. Now he's taken three out of a handful of good Championship quality players that we had, and they'll undoubtedly get success because they have the resources to build a squad around those players that we didn't have.

It just feels like SOD, Billy, Copps and Gillett all tried to have success in the Championship with us, but we weren't quite good enough for them, so they've all clubbed together to have another go at Championship success elsewhere. And they'll probably get it. They've got a very decent side there.

And when it happens, it'll add to that feeling that we weren't good enough for them. I always imagined that we'd be the pinnacle for them together. I thought they'd spend their best years together here, and then go off in different directions and do their own thing and have success with other people. Copps, Gillett and Billy will probably look back on their careers together and say "remember when we played in the same team? Brilliant wasn't it?" "Yeah, getting to the Premiership with Forest, it was fantastic." And we'll be forgotten.

Not to mention that it's Forest they've gone to. I bloody hate Forest!

Ahhh, we'd better win tomorrow!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:24:44 pm by pubteam »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 31, 2012, 10:44:23 pm by River Don »
Anyone else feel really down about this?

I mean, I thought getting rid of SOD was the right decision, and still do. But now he's got himself a bigger, richer club with the sort of resources that can make them a force at Championship level. Now he's taken three out of a handful of good Championship quality players that we had, and they'll undoubtedly get success because they have the resources to build a squad around those players that we didn't have.

It just feels like SOD, Billy, Copps and Gillett all tried to have success in the Championship with us, but we weren't quite good enough for them, so they've all clubbed together to have another go at Championship success elsewhere. And they'll probably get it. They've got a very decent side there.

And when it happens, it'll add to that feeling that we weren't good enough for them. I always imagined that we'd be the pinnacle for them together. I thought they'd spend their best years together here, and then go off in different directions and do their own thing and have success with other people. Copps, Gillett and Billy will probably look back on their careers together and say "remember when we played in the same team? Brilliant wasn't it?" "Yeah, getting to the Premiership with Forest, it was fantastic." And we'll be forgotten.

Not to mention that it's Forest they've gone to. I bloody hate Forest!

Ahhh, we'd better win tomorrow!

This is how it feels to be Bournemouth
This is how it feels to be small
This is how it feels when the world means...

Sod that, I hope they do well together at Doncaster Forest.

We've got our own team that's looking not at all bad in this league.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012