Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Patience now required!  (Read 14175 times)

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
Re: Patience now required!
« Reply #30 on August 31, 2012, 08:44:03 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Just cnt see how a loan deal is helping us ??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 31, 2012, 08:48:11 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
It gets him off the wage bill.  2-3 players will now be funded as replacements

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 31, 2012, 08:57:46 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Yea i just ment, we can now only offer similar terms to any players coming in.. Id have thought a perm deal would be what we was looking for.. Gutted to see him go though.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #33 on August 31, 2012, 08:58:09 pm by DRFC MYERS »
It will be a hard game tomorrow and without the quality of Copps it could be that a point is a good result.

Are you watching or keeping up to date with any of the games. He has only really been that involved on Tuesday night. We will miss him but we will be ok without him

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 31, 2012, 09:02:58 pm by Red wizard »
The worry is if Cotterill was to come off injured tomorrow who do we have out wide to replace him?

Anybody who can cross a ball he cannot
Can't cross? He's put some very good balls in imo. Most of his corners have been better than what we had. He played bad on Sat but still put 2 very good balls in for Paynter.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #35 on August 31, 2012, 09:06:46 pm by Rovin Reporter »
The wage bill may become an issue again if we promoted , makes you think doesn't it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 31, 2012, 09:11:41 pm by RobTheRover »
Eh?  We would get another £3M-4M TV money if we went up.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 31, 2012, 09:12:28 pm by no eyed deer »
Patience now required ?.

I think the PR wheels are now turning again after a very quite summer . Could it be we have now got rid of all the high earners.We are begin drip fed again. And it's not a dig at SM who i think only has the club at heart,so keep it up and don't let people like me put you off, but we can't always keep quite.

But no matter who goes SOD,Copps or Sharp. It's all over if JR goes

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 31, 2012, 09:19:05 pm by Filo »
I'm losing patience we were told when a high earner left we had 3 or 4 players lined up to come in, this was before funds were released to sign Hume, Copps has gone, where arethese players? We're now going to be looking at short term loans again!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 31, 2012, 09:22:46 pm by MrFrost »
You can pretty much guarantee no one is coming in before this transfer deadline. If you ask me it is a shambles. The squad we have will not cope with injuries and suspensions.

RTID_Peter

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 31, 2012, 09:33:03 pm by RTID_Peter »
After today im feeling less optimistic about the season simply because its looking like loans again so much for players lined up to come in.

Dont get me wrong i think all signings have been excellent just absolutley no strength in depth and hate loans being that depth

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #41 on August 31, 2012, 09:33:55 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Different day but same old shite, we are at Bare bones mow and it could be a while before we can say otherwise .

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 31, 2012, 09:37:29 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
Very disappointing deadline day, squad is way too thin. Thought we were signing players once we got Copps off the wage bill.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 31, 2012, 09:38:12 pm by MrFrost »
Very disappointing deadline day, squad is way too thin. Thought we were signing players once we got Copps off the wage bill.

Clearly not. And will probably be told that there wasn't enough time after the Coppinger deal was done.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 31, 2012, 09:39:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Clearly not. And will probably be told that there wasn't enough time after the Coppinger deal was done.

in fairness though that is true. Its massively important that we stay within financial constraints.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 31, 2012, 09:43:00 pm by PaulRover08 »
To be fair, I can see 3 announcements coming next Friday (or whenever the loan window opens) and all of them will be loan with a view to permanent in January. Thus meaning we have only had this thread bare squad for one more week than we would have liked.

I might be wrong though  :blush:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 31, 2012, 09:43:56 pm by dickos1 »
What's the problem with loan signings? Some of our best signings in recent years have been loans

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 31, 2012, 09:45:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
When we sell Stock we will sign 2 / 3 players with the money. When we sell Coppinger we will sign 3 / 4 players. I know it's a loan but where are the players. Short term deals are all we can get now. We won't have the players to get us through to the next transfer window, unless we sign none contract players.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 31, 2012, 09:46:11 pm by eastender »
The players DS has lined up as replacements Can still come after tonight .
They don't have to rely be short term panic loans like last season.

A) If they're contracted ,  they can be loaned next week , then signed in the January window.

B) if they're unattached then they can be signed on Monday.

The timing of the deadline couldn't have been worse for DRFC with the trip to Yeovil.

:rtid:  :scarf:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 31, 2012, 09:47:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
There's nothing to stop us "buying" a player on loan. Pay the fee up front for a short term loan then sign in January. Maybe if we weren't travelling to Yeovil today we could have brought some in instantly but I don't think we're any worse off than this morning. Copps is quality but hasn't featured much in the league and with Cotterill, Bennett, Hume and maybe even Husband we've got wide options and freedom in the wage bill to get players in.

As we don't know who we have lined up its hard to say whether we've missed the boat or not with the "Copps replacements".

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 31, 2012, 09:47:46 pm by MrFrost »
When we sell Stock we will sign 2 / 3 players with the money. When we sell Coppinger we will sign 3 / 4 players. I know it's a loan but where are the players. Short term deals are all we can get now. We won't have the players to get us through to the next transfer window, unless we sign none contract players.

Exactly. Saunders said after Stock was sold he could go out and buy more players. A few days later he changed his statement and said MORE would have to go before signings could be made. Copps has no gone, and still nothing. I do wish we weren't fed stories like we have recently about 2 or 3 imminent signings once Copps has gone, and then nothing transpires.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 31, 2012, 09:49:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
When are Damien Plessis and Rachid Bouenna going to be fit to play?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 31, 2012, 09:50:53 pm by dickos1 »
I don't think he has ever said we can buy players, we've brought in around 9 players this summer. With more to come, how many players were you expecting?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 31, 2012, 09:52:31 pm by MrFrost »
I don't think he has ever said we can buy players, we've brought in around 9 players this summer. With more to come, how many players were you expecting?

How many have gone? I was expecting the number to be something resembling a decent squad in terms of numbers. Fact is, Saunders has changes his stance on more than one occasion. Whether that is down to the board - who knows?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 31, 2012, 09:53:59 pm by Al4475 »
Patience is indeed the key - am sure it'll come good. At the moment, we've started well, got some good hungry players in and have a strong squad of about 13-14 players - to me that's a decent set of building blocks! It wasn't that long ago you were only allowed 2 subs on the bench - we managed then!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 31, 2012, 09:55:30 pm by MrFrost »
Patience is indeed the key - am sure it'll come good. At the moment, we've started well, got some good hungry players in and have a strong squad of about 13-14 players - to me that's a decent set of building blocks! It wasn't that long ago you were only allowed 2 subs on the bench - we managed then!

We have a strong first 11. We certainly don't have a strong squad. A couple of injuries and we are screwed.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 31, 2012, 09:56:44 pm by dickos1 »
How many have gone? 3 or 4? A squad of 18,19 should be big enough.
Yes we're short in certain positions but they can be covered by loans

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 31, 2012, 09:57:07 pm by Al4475 »
Agreed Frosty - but as said - the building blocks are there!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 31, 2012, 10:00:37 pm by MrFrost »
How many have gone? 3 or 4? A squad of 18,19 should be big enough.
Yes we're short in certain positions but they can be covered by loans

How many have gone? 3 or 4? I'm talking about since last season.

We currently have 18 fit first team players. 3 are goalkeepers. That gives 15 fit outfield players. It simply isn't enough. And yes loans may cover certain positions, but this is contrary to statements made from the club on what we can expect to see once certain high earners left.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 31, 2012, 10:01:42 pm by steve@dcfd »
 You do not normally sign loan players to be a squad player, their parent club would not be happy with that. Therefore the replacements must be non contract players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012