Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:25:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Patience now required!  (Read 14176 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Patience now required!
« Reply #60 on August 31, 2012, 10:02:42 pm by MrFrost »
Or maybe not. Maybe the Coppinger deal went through too late for Rovers to act. I presume mobiles and laptops don't work in Yeovil.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 31, 2012, 10:04:42 pm by eastender »
I don't think he has ever said we can buy players, we've brought in around 9 players this summer. With more to come, how many players were you expecting?

How many have gone? I was expecting the number to be something resembling a decent squad in terms of numbers. Fact is, Saunders has changes his stance on more than one occasion. Whether that is down to the board - who knows?

Paul Goodwin ‏@paulgoodwinDFP
But the message coming across loud and clear from Gavin is Dean wants quality over quantity. Lessons learned from last season, it appears.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 31, 2012, 10:06:33 pm by dickos1 »
Eastender what you showing me in that quote? Doesn't mention buying anyone?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 31, 2012, 10:10:17 pm by Viking Don »
Who needs patience, us or the manager? If it's me then that's fine I have the patience of a saint, despite us getting rid of the best player we've had in the last ten years. If it's the manager then God help us, we won't make it through many games without even being able to fill the subs bench, ridiculous situation.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 31, 2012, 10:10:24 pm by dickos1 »
I make it 19. It's not ideal but it will be as big as most league one sides. With 3 or 4 to come in I think we will be fine.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 31, 2012, 10:11:30 pm by MrFrost »
I make it 19. It's not ideal but it will be as big as most league one sides. With 3 or 4 to come in I think we will be fine.

IF we get 3 or 4 in.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 31, 2012, 10:12:32 pm by dickos1 »
Well why not wait then and see rather than moaning about something before you know if it's going to happen.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 31, 2012, 10:13:25 pm by MrFrost »
Well why not wait then and see rather than moaning about something before you know if it's going to happen.

I'm not moaning. I've just never been wrong.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 31, 2012, 10:15:35 pm by Red wizard »
Tbf the 2-3-4 have been coming in all summer. Looks like we will just get loans as and when we need them.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 31, 2012, 10:17:17 pm by silent majority »
Disagreeing with the comment that we don't lack in the squad.
While the first 11, and 2 or 3 subs we can put out a really strong first team, we simply have no strength in depth.

Mr Frost,

Where is the comment that we don't lack in the squad??

And answer the question I asked, what size squad do you expect?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 31, 2012, 10:17:59 pm by IDM »
How many have gone? 3 or 4? A squad of 18,19 should be big enough.
Yes we're short in certain positions but they can be covered by loans

How many have gone? 3 or 4? I'm talking about since last season.

We currently have 18 fit first team players. 3 are goalkeepers. That gives 15 fit outfield players. It simply isn't enough. And yes loans may cover certain positions, but this is contrary to statements made from the club on what we can expect to see once certain high earners left.

How do we know that the club hasn't been trying to sign more players, albeit unsuccessfully to date?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 31, 2012, 10:19:05 pm by MrFrost »
While the first 11, and 2 or 3 subs we can put out a really strong first team, we simply have no strength in depth.

Mr Frost,

Read through the thread. It is there. And I have answered the question. A number that be considered as an actual squad, not a first 11 + a few.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 31, 2012, 10:19:58 pm by Viking Don »
Could we at least expect to be able to fill the subs bench without rounding up the youth team players? Less of the happy clappy stuff, what's going to happen when injuries and suspensions kick in?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 31, 2012, 10:20:11 pm by eastender »
Eastender what you showing me in that quote? Doesn't mention buying anyone?

I got Mr Frost's quote in the wrong place with my reply , now amended, sorry.  :)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 31, 2012, 10:20:39 pm by wilts rover »
You do not normally sign loan players to be a squad player, their parent club would not be happy with that. Therefore the replacements must be non contract players.

You reckon Ian Hume has that in his agreement here & Copps and Sharp at Forest? I can just see us recalling Copps in November when he has yet to start a game for them.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 31, 2012, 10:21:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I'm not moaning. I've just never been wrong.

What about our 5000 league gates that we haven't had yet?

Our squad is ok but needs some addition still but if I'm honest it's better than what we had and while I'd like a few more. Hume over copps for me every time in our squad.

pubteam

« Reply #76 on August 31, 2012, 10:21:41 pm by pubteam »

Mr Frost,

We have 18, right?

I think we need 21 at least. Preferably 22.

Am I set to be disappointed?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 31, 2012, 10:25:45 pm by silent majority »

Mr Frost,

Read through the thread. It is there. And I have answered the question. A number that be considered as an actual squad, not a first 11 + a few.

Oh dear, dodging the question again. Firstly I've already said the rebuilding is not complete, nowhere have we said that we don't lack in the squad. Secondly put a figure on it Mr Frost, for somebody who is so keen to quote attendance figures you have a reluctance to name the size of the squad you expect. Come on what is it 18, 19 , 20 ,21  .What do you want to see?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 31, 2012, 10:29:30 pm by MrFrost »
Personally, I don't expect anything else to happen tonight.

DS has said he's focusing on tomorrow game, we don't have a major lack in the squad that requires a rush move before tomorrow game, I think we're done for this transfer window.

From picking up the points about the state of the squad and finances at the end of last season, I am very happy with how it's all going at the moment.

And, many managers believes you need a squad of two 11's. So 22 would be my figure.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 31, 2012, 10:30:03 pm by Viking Don »
I'd rather know what DS wants to see, after all, he's the one having to put a side out twice a week for the next few months.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 31, 2012, 10:30:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
You do not normally sign loan players to be a squad player, their parent club would not be happy with that. Therefore the replacements must be non contract players.

You reckon Ian Hume has that in his agreement here & Copps and Sharp at Forest? I can just see us recalling Copps in November when he has yet to start a game for them.

They are 6 month or season long loans. I was talking about short term loans, 91 days maximum. These are emergency loans. Which we will be dealing with now. On long term loans 6 or season loans you do not have the ability to recall until the loan is complete.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 31, 2012, 10:33:11 pm by PaulRover08 »

They are 6 month or season long loans. I was talking about short term loans, 91 days maximum. These are emergency loans. Which we will be dealing with now. On long term loans 6 or season loans you do not have the ability to recall until the loan is complete.

Copps is on loan till January 2nd. Not 6 months or the season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 31, 2012, 10:36:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's still a loan above emergency loan period so he cannot be recalled till after January 2nd.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 31, 2012, 10:40:07 pm by dickos1 »

How on earth do you know we will only be making short term loan signings??
And frosty your always wrong

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 31, 2012, 10:42:51 pm by MrFrost »

How on earth do you know we will only be making short term loan signings??
And frosty your always wrong

Correct me if I am wrong but once the loan window opens it is only for emergency loans? I could be wrong there - however - my predictions on how we will perform in each season of the last 4 have been spot on. As was my prediction of the Willie McKay experiment.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 31, 2012, 10:46:38 pm by dickos1 »
Which predictions of the last 4 years?
What about your prediction of 5000 attendances?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 31, 2012, 10:47:58 pm by MrFrost »
Which predictions of the last 4 years?
What about your prediction of 5000 attendances?

Predictions of how we will perform in the league.
And I wasn't far off with the attendances.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 31, 2012, 10:49:25 pm by dickos1 »
Wasn't far off???
Struggled to get 5000 and we've had 6500.
I very much doubt you will have predicted our good finishes in the league because that would've meant you were being positive

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 31, 2012, 10:49:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
You can only sign emergency loans between the transfer windows. Unless the player is out of contract. I have stated both scenarios. Also if you sign emergency loans really you do not sign them as squad players. So I expect the signings we have lined up according to SM are out of contract or will be loans that can go straight in to the first eleven, for a maximum of 91 days.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 31, 2012, 10:52:28 pm by dickos1 »
But nearly all these signings just get extended in January so there isn't any difference really.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012