Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chin up, folks  (Read 6499 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Chin up, folks
« on August 31, 2012, 10:14:56 pm by RoversAlias »
Okay so the disappointment is obvious on here today. Not unwarranted either, as our longest serving player departs. But we did bring in Hume let's not forget, and this is far from a disaster. We can all largely agree surely that we have an excellent first team for this division, but yes we need to add depth. If a player goes down injured Dean and the club will know that a player needs to be brought in quickly, and that is what the loan market is for. I fully expect us to bring in a player or two at the next available opportunity. This is far from a disaster right now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Chin up, folks
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2012, 10:16:41 pm by RedArmy »
saunders wanted 4 players this morning got 1, once again knows what to say to keep everyone happy, its not a situation of picking players we have such a small squad now id take anyone!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2012, 10:17:39 pm by MrFrost »
The point is, that year after year we are fed propaganda from the club via various mouthpieces. This is not a dig at those giving the info, but it happens every year.

If it's not "mouthwatering signings", it's  "2 or 3 signings once player X goes".

I would much rather no information is given, then the disappointment wouldn't be as great.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2012, 10:20:49 pm by silent majority »
The point is, that year after year we are fed propaganda from the club via various mouthpieces. This is not a dig at those giving the info, but it happens every year.

If it's not "mouthwatering signings", it's  "2 or 3 signings once player X goes".

I would much rather no information is given, then the disappointment wouldn't be as great.

I tell you what I'll do from now on then Mr Frost, I'll offer no information at all. I'm sure you will be blissfully happy. All I've said is we need patience and players are lined up as replacements. Hard to fault in my opinion.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2012, 10:23:36 pm by MrFrost »

I tell you what I'll do from now on then Mr Frost, I'll offer no information at all. I'm sure you will be blissfully happy. All I've said is we need patience and players are lined up as replacements. Hard to fault in my opinion.

Can you explain why Saunders stated in an interview  that once Stock left, 2 players could be brought in, then afterwards he said more would have to leave before anyone would be brought in.

You can't expect to give statements of intent then people to be disappointed when it doesn't happen. I understand why you do it, and in essence it is a good idea, but it happens year in, year out, and it now looks we will be relying on loans or free agents, something that has worked wonders in the past.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:26:54 pm by MrFrost »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2012, 10:25:47 pm by IDM »

Also the window has not yet closed!  There may be movements ongoing right now, that won't become public until tomorrow?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2012, 10:27:25 pm by IDM »

Can you explain why Saunders stated in an interview  that once Stock left, 2 players could be brought in, then afterwards he said more would have to leave before anyone would be brought in.

You can't expect to give statements of intent then people to be disappointed when it doesn't happen. It happens year in, year out, and it now looks we will be relying on loans or free agents, something that has worked wonders in the past.

As I said on another thread, maybe, just maybe the club is trying to fulfil those intentions but for whatever reason is being unsuccessful?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2012, 10:29:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Come off it, Frosty.  You've followed footy long enough to know that plans change constantly.  Dean also said that he had 50 players on his list and that most of them had gone to other clubs already.  To me, he just isnt taking anyone - he wants the right players.  I know one name he has on his list and believe me he is perfect for us.  Fingers crossed the deal can be completed.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2012, 10:32:02 pm by philsky »

Paul Furlong is still available.

There is still time.

Neville Southall anyone ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2012, 10:32:22 pm by silent majority »
I've stated several times today that we have cover for all those that are leaving or intended to leave. I've also said you wouldn't be dissapointed with the replacements.

Its amazing how the negative posters suffer from short term memory loss, they were predicting not too many weeks ago how we were going to plummet through the divisions and how useless DS was. He's done a terrific job of reassembling the squad on a much reduced budget, give him some credit.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 31, 2012, 10:32:32 pm by no eyed deer »
Drip , drip again

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 31, 2012, 10:33:41 pm by MrFrost »
I've stated several times today that we have cover for all those that are leaving or intended to leave. I've also said you wouldn't be dissapointed with the replacements.

Its amazing how the negative posters suffer from short term memory loss, they were predicting not too many weeks ago how we were going to plummet through the divisions and how useless DS was. He's done a terrific job of reassembling the squad on a much reduced budget, give him some credit.

Where is the replacement for Coppinger? Is it a loan signing? Or an out of contract player?

And I have been impressed by Saunders so far. Very much so. I said before the season I wasn't convinced. That wasn't writing him off. Still early days however.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:37:24 pm by MrFrost »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 31, 2012, 10:35:34 pm by RoversAlias »
I intended this to be a positive thread to bat back the growing complaints. It has not quite worked :lol:

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 31, 2012, 10:42:33 pm by ian1980 »
I agree with Mrfrost. Time after time the carrot is dangled and not delivered. How many 'high earners' have now left and minimul replacement brought in. If 4 high earners leave you'd expect 7-8 players in. Hasn't happened and we still have a lack in depth with less quality players as well

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 31, 2012, 10:44:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Can't believe how many people are trying to commit Hari Kari on here totally unbelievable

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 31, 2012, 10:44:53 pm by RobTheRover »
Where is the replacement for Coppinger? Is it a loan signing? Or an out of contract player?

Chuffing hell, Frosty.  The bed aint even gone cold yet.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 31, 2012, 10:45:03 pm by dickos1 »
4 players have left and 8 or 9 have come in. So it has happened..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 31, 2012, 10:45:39 pm by MrFrost »

The cost cutting started at the end of last season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 31, 2012, 10:48:01 pm by dickos1 »
No they were all out of contract. It was stated we had to sell some of our high earners because we were over budget. Which we have done and replaced them with 8 or 9 players. Fact

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 31, 2012, 10:50:20 pm by IDM »
I agree with Mrfrost. Time after time the carrot is dangled and not delivered. How many 'high earners' have now left and minimul replacement brought in. If 4 high earners leave you'd expect 7-8 players in. Hasn't happened and we still have a lack in depth with less quality players as well

And do you think the club aren't trying to sign more players?????

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 31, 2012, 10:51:05 pm by MrFrost »
No they were all out of contract. It was stated we had to sell some of our high earners because we were over budget. Which we have done and replaced them with 8 or 9 players. Fact

And the decision was made not to offer them new contracts. Some were offered new deals but we couldn't match other offers. It isn't fact at all. We lost a lot more than 4 players. You can't just adjust the numbers to suit your own argument.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 31, 2012, 10:52:13 pm by RedJ »
Chin up, folks - at least we're not Scunny :)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 31, 2012, 10:54:12 pm by eastender »

5 have left

JOC , Beye , Stock , Friend and Copps (albeit) loan.  ;)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 31, 2012, 10:54:41 pm by PaulRover08 »

And the decision was made not to offer them new contracts. Some were offered new deals but we couldn't match other offers. It isn't fact at all. We lost a lot more than 4 players. You can't just adjust the numbers to suit your own argument.

Most of the players were shite and had the losing mentality given to them initially by SO'D, lets not forget that and in most cases we probably didn't want to keep them. The only player i'm aware we offered new terms to was Hird and Chesterfield have offered him very, very very silly money.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 31, 2012, 10:55:21 pm by dickos1 »

Frosty the statement about selling players came after the players got released, we offered two of them contracts but Saunders knew he had better options down the line which has proven to be the case, we've now sold all the high earners or loaned them out and now were re placing them,

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 31, 2012, 10:56:49 pm by MrFrost »

Frosty the statement about selling players came after the players got released, we offered two of them contracts but Saunders knew he had better options down the line which has proven to be the case, we've now sold all the high earners or loaned them out and now were re placing them,

I expect a string of emergency loans then once the loan window reopens.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 31, 2012, 10:58:18 pm by dickos1 »
I expect 2 or 3 new signings also.
See we agree, but I'm half full and your half empty

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 31, 2012, 11:00:22 pm by MrFrost »
I expect 2 or 3 new signings also.
See we agree, but I'm half full and your half empty

No, I just don't agree to happy clap at everything.

But if everyone agreed it would be boring.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 31, 2012, 11:04:10 pm by Chris »
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what on earth came of the deadline that Saunders set for existing players to find themselves a new club?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #29 on August 31, 2012, 11:04:31 pm by Rovin Reporter »
If results start to go tits up then Deano has his excuses at the ready . So he who shall be intial less  is playing a very cagey  game for the club and my be left taking some flack for not getting more bodies in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012