Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:13:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chin up, folks  (Read 6498 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Chin up, folks
« Reply #30 on August 31, 2012, 11:05:55 pm by RobTheRover »
I dont think anyone is happy clapping, Michael.  I think its about the reality of where we are.

I quite like this "backs against the wall" mentality we have developed.  Its partly that which led to us beating Hull from 2 goals down.  We will get the players but, as has been said, we must be patient.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 31, 2012, 11:08:55 pm by donnybez »
Would I be correct in suggesting the loan window remains open a little while longer? and the free agent one stays open pretty much all season? Maybe thats where the 2/3/4 players are coming from

Regardless the club doesn't have to tell us a thing about its dealings, we could be on the outside unaware of anything that could be occuring but I for one am glad they share this with us and I'm glad that, although one of my favourite players is departing, my club is taking another step to being sustainable so it can escape a Bates or Richardson (or anyone whose owned Darlo or York in last few years) type scenario.

Now is not the time to have a transfer window hangover or upset that so-and-so didn't sign, nows the time to back each and every red and white hooped (or white and black) player on that field at Huish Park tomorrow

RTID  :rtid: :scarf: :scarf:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 31, 2012, 11:12:31 pm by RobTheRover »
Bez, you can sign a free agent at any time, whether the window is open or not.  It has to be like this or "unemployed" players would be unable to find work.

All transfers are now finished for a week, when the loan widow opens.  I would suspect, like Hume, we will see a number of players coming in with a view to a permanent deal in January.

And if we are top by then, Copps is back!!!! ;-)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 01, 2012, 12:31:42 am by silent majority »
Rob, are we loaning out widows now? I'll have a couple please!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 01, 2012, 12:40:01 am by RobTheRover »
Lol.  Surely at your age a couple will be 1 (possibly 2) too many?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 01, 2012, 12:58:02 am by silent majority »
Lol.  Surely at your age a couple will be 1 (possibly 2) too many?

Listen, I'm a legend in my own lunchtime!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 01, 2012, 10:42:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some of you need to get a grip. If the events had unfolded yesterday without any info flowing from the club and this site, some folk would have hit the roof, demanded answers and complained about being kept in the dark.

Stop looking down, look up FFS !!

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 01, 2012, 11:10:00 am by ridgewoodrover »
am  i   the only 1  whose giddy  level   is     rising  after  yesterday.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 01, 2012, 12:53:46 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm glad you said that,  ridgewood.  I personally think we have more goal threat after yesterday. That's not taking anything away from Copps - he's given his all for us for 9 years - but as a day in summary we lost a player who hadn't really figured this season,  held on to 2 players who have,  and gained a striker who will undoubtedly score goals in our side.

My disappointment at losing Copps is tempered somewhat by the other positive activity.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 01, 2012, 01:24:13 pm by ridgewoodrover »
as some one put on  another thread we are the club people are payed  to work for   the club, as long as they try i  will support  them.   i   have  35+ years supporting my town's  team & for me as i should  imagine a  few others this is  dreamland.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012