Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:02:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy Sharp has let me (us) down  (Read 3081 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Billy Sharp has let me (us) down
« on August 31, 2012, 11:12:28 pm by Red Rover »
Anyone else thinking he has completely let us (me) down?! We all craved to see him in the premiership, but he's stepped down league to what he nos and I'm a little bit sad that hes took the easy way out up north.

Controversial I know but he said he wanted the premiership so bad, he's never gonna play for Southampton in the Prem.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Billy Sharp has let me (us) down
« Reply #1 on August 31, 2012, 11:13:39 pm by RobTheRover »
MAybe SOton were never the right club for him?

He has a chance of playing in the Prem again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 31, 2012, 11:13:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I bet he's gnawing on his knuckles at the thought of your opprobrium.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 31, 2012, 11:14:56 pm by IDM »
Anyone else thinking he has completely let us (me) down?!

No.  Not our concern once he left for the Saints.  End of....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 31, 2012, 11:15:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I think Sharp has been let down by Southampton. It makes you wonder why they bothered buying him in January. Unless Billy himself wanted to be back north again.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 31, 2012, 11:16:41 pm by mushRTID »
See where your coming from. Billy was a hero to us but we were just another club to him.

That's a fact.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 31, 2012, 11:26:05 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Anyone else thinking he has completely let us (me) down?! We all craved to see him in the premiership, but he's stepped down league to what he nos and I'm a little bit sad that hes took the easy way out up north.

Controversial I know but he said he wanted the premiership so bad, he's never gonna play for Southampton in the Prem.
W****R!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 31, 2012, 11:28:00 pm by JonWallsend »
Anyone else thinking he has completely let us (me) down?!

No

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 31, 2012, 11:29:05 pm by RedArmy »
See where your coming from. Billy was a hero to us but we were just another club to him.

That's a fact.
:scarf:

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 31, 2012, 11:39:00 pm by Viking Don »
I don't give a flying f*** what Billy Sharp does now, he left us and that's it. You'd have done exactly the same in his position unless you are an idiot. So in that case you've let yourself down. Or you're an idiot. Your choice.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:09:09 am by Viking Don »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2012, 12:07:49 am by The Beast »
He helped Southampton over the finish line, which is what they wanted. Now they are in the promised land they can throw money around Willy nilly and he is going to be nothing more than a back up player. Now he can go to Forest help them get promoted and get f#@%ed off when they reach the promised land. It's not ideal for the lad but I suppose it beats playing in League 1 or working in a factory.

bigdonnybob

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2012, 12:13:41 am by bigdonnybob »
I wonder if there was a add on in the money we received for Billy, do we get a cut of any future transfers. There is a name/expression for it but after 9 pints, forgive me if i can't remember!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2012, 12:31:06 am by Filo »
I think Sharp has been let down by Southampton. It makes you wonder why they bothered buying him in January. Unless Billy himself wanted to be back north again.

As I`ve mentioned in another thread, Southampton got Billy in January as insurance against Lambert getting injured, they were flying in the Championship, a serious injury to their main goalscorer, might have derailed their promotion push, Billy was back up and now he`s surplus to requirments

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2012, 06:47:00 am by 1879Rovers »
Billy showed when he signed for Rovers a few things. One he wanted to be happy and two he wanted regular first team football. He now knows he is not going to get that at Southampton after all the strikers they have brought in during the summer. The lad isn't a mercenary, he turned down better offers to join us firstly and then stay with us and turn down Ipswich and Southampton in the summer of 2011.

I will always follow his career with interest and hope he does well wherever he plays. Good luck to him at Forest. I must admit I will be wishing them well all season with O'Dricoll, Copps and Gillett also there.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 01, 2012, 06:54:05 am by GazLaz »
He's not got the assists needed for the premiership.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 01, 2012, 06:58:17 am by dickos1 »
How many assists do you need to make it?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 01, 2012, 07:00:53 am by Chris Black come back »
16 assists.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 01, 2012, 07:08:53 am by dickos1 »
Oh ok. Yeah your right he didn't make enough

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 01, 2012, 07:34:04 am by wilts rover »
Good luck to Billy Sharp in his future career, whoever he plays for, a great and honest player for us. End of.

Good luck to Red Rover in your future/current career - coulld you please lodge your 5 year plan with us so we can check it out and ensure you dont let us down.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 01, 2012, 08:38:13 am by coventryrover »
Some people are so bitter.

Copps, Billy and Gillett all busted a gut for us and we loved them for it.  I dont know why it still comes as a shock when a player moves on, thats life and it's their career.

Just treasure the memories, wish them well and hope the new generation can be players that the terraces idolise.

Please get a grip some people.  RTID

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 01, 2012, 11:24:44 am by Jim Dobbin »
Billy Sharp is not premiership quality, brilliant in the Championship but never a prem player. I said to some of the lads that when they got promoted he'll have a fight on just to sit on the Saints bench.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 01, 2012, 11:40:20 am by jucyberry »
I dunno, they say women are the weaker sex and more emotional but some men are worse by far..Billy is doing what everyone does, the best for him and Jade, just the same as Copps is doing the best for his family and every other man who goes to work every day does for his.

Just wish the boy luck and move on, he doesn't owe any of us a darned thing at the end of the day, Rovers the team and Rovers the club are two different things, Rovers the club will always be here, the team will as it has for over one hundred years ebb and flow with players and managrs passing through , it's the way of it.

He hasn't let any one down, he is just doing his job.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 01, 2012, 11:43:50 am by Wellred »
I dunno, they say women are the weaker sex and more emotional but some men are worse by far..Billy is doing what everyone does, the best for him and Jade, just the same as Copps is doing the best for his family and every other man who goes to work every day does for his.

Just wish the boy luck and move on, he doesn't owe any of us a darned thing at the end of the day, Rovers the team and Rovers the club are two different things, Rovers the club will always be here, the team will as it has for over one hundred years ebb and flow with players and managrs passing through , it's the way of it.

He hasn't let any one down, he is just doing his job.

Stop being so bloody sensible Jucy

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 01, 2012, 11:45:49 am by RobTheRover »
Some people are so bitter.

Copps, Billy and Gillett all busted a gut for us and we loved them for it.  I dont know why it still comes as a shock when a player moves on, thats life and it's their career.

Just treasure the memories, wish them well and hope the new generation can be players that the terraces idolise.

Please get a grip some people.  RTID

What he said. +1

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 01, 2012, 11:50:10 am by jucyberry »
 ;) sorry Barry, but I can't help it..lol..  :kiss:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012