Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:52:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My Front Room.  (Read 854 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
My Front Room.
« on September 01, 2012, 12:15:44 am by Colin C No.3 »
In attendence:-

Me, Copps, Billy & George.

Copps. " I had to take the offer up Col. You see, the 'halcycon days' of my career are'draped' in red & white hoops but, SOD has a 'pull' for me & as I approach the twilight of my footballing career, I need one more chance, under his guidance, to show my kids that at very least, I was a 'good 'un' at this level"

Me. "I understand son, go in peace........& thanks*

Billy. "I've never met a more inspirational manager than Sean before in my life. He told me that in the 'fish world', I was a shark. But as a shark I had to understand that the players around me were not all sharks. He likened Hayt's to a mackerell. Darting into spaces, 'camoflaged' until he could show himself at the optimum time to be effective. Copps was an 'Angel fish'. Beautiful always to see, but effective when it mattered most. Being a Rovers player meant so much more to me than just being a transiengent. Sorry I couldn't stay"

Me. "I understand son. go in peace.......& thanks".

George. "A bit 'scary' going to 'Boro'. I  owe so much to so many at The Rovers, I would have stayed if I could, but that's football Col".

Me. Go in peace son. (Aside) we've had better!

Me. "Now off you go into the night. But remember this. You have all been priveleged to have worn & played for the 'Greatest' team ever to wear the Red & White hoops."

Now bugger off, we have a club to support.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: My Front Room.
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2012, 12:29:15 am by RobTheRover »
Here endeth the gospel according to St Col.

Amen to that, brother.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012