Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:38:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Shiels  (Read 3130 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Dean Shiels
« on September 14, 2012, 10:33:12 am by Colin C No.3 »
Scored for N.Ireland mid week.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but wouldn't he be a 'Godsend' right now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillieJA

• Forum Member
Re: Dean Shiels
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2012, 11:02:59 am by BillieJA »
Shouldn't he be scoring more now he's playing in the Scottish Third Division?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2012, 02:30:49 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Much better than Martin Woods.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2012, 02:39:11 pm by Drover »
The belief was that he never really settled down here and seemed to have an eye on a return home for along time.It was a long saga in getting him in the first place,which may have been due in part to him not over enthusiastic to come in the first place.Not matter what,If a player does not want to be here,then there's nothing the club can do and eventually they have to let them go.Hindsight would not have helped here.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2012, 02:41:56 pm by Alan_Rovers »
The belief was that he never really settled down here and seemed to have an eye on a return home for along time.

Very poor.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2012, 05:35:42 pm by RoversAlias »
He scored against Luxembourg. Tremendous achievement.

pubteam

« Reply #6 on September 14, 2012, 05:40:07 pm by pubteam »
He played for us for 2 and a half years, and only ever looked any good in a handful of games IMO.

He had a purple patch in Autumn 2009 when he scored a few goals and looked a real threat, and then had a couple of good games the following year (Derby at home sticks in the memory, when he scored two), but other than that, I don't think he pulled up many trees.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2012, 05:57:53 pm by hoolahoop »
He played for us for 2 and a half years, and only ever looked any good in a handful of games IMO.

He had a purple patch in Autumn 2009 when he scored a few goals and looked a real threat, and then had a couple of good games the following year (Derby at home sticks in the memory, when he scored two), but other than that, I don't think he pulled up many trees.

True he was disappointing and I like many thought he had the ability after that 'purple' patch.

neil grainger

« Reply #8 on September 15, 2012, 12:31:46 am by neil grainger »
I was never really convinced by Deano to be honest, and will never forgive him for scoring one of his very rare goals at the KM just after I disappeared to get a drink at half time.

He was knocked off the ball far too easily and never seemed to impose himself on a game, despite possessing an undoubted skill.

Good luck to the lad, but I don't think he would pull any trees up even in League One.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 15, 2012, 09:15:30 am by Colin C No.3 »
I was never really convinced by Deano to be honest, and will never forgive him for scoring one of his very rare goals at the KM just after I disappeared to get a drink at half time.

He was knocked off the ball far too easily and never seemed to impose himself on a game, despite possessing an undoubted skill.

Good luck to the lad, but I don't think he would pull any trees up even in League One.
You know nothing Grainger..........get to bed!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2012, 02:02:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sean didn't seem to rate him that highly,and i think Dean knew it,he never seemed that confident a player,i think he could have been a really good player for us,one missed out on for me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2012, 03:01:42 am by RoversAlias »
We've not missed out on him at all, because we had him here for a good 2-3 years and he did nothing at all 90% of the time. I thought he was one of the poorer players to pull on the shirt for us in the Championship despite his obvious ability. He wasn't bothered, thus we weren't bothered with him in the end.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2012, 12:57:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Confidence is a big thing Alias,and i don't think Sean gave him a sustained run in the team,when you know as soon as a certain players fit your out of the team,for some players they need to know they are rated,i also thought he had something against Heffernan,who at the time was the best finisher at the club,opinions are what make the game though,the manager can only go with what he see's.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2012, 04:20:57 am by RoversAlias »
Well for me he did get enough of a chance, and he didn't take it sadly. That night against Derby aside, the most enthusiastic and up-for-it I ever saw him was sat in Cheswolds munching down a burger sat round a one man table with Paul Heffernan and Lewis Guy.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2012, 08:16:23 am by keyser_soze »
The belief was that he never really settled down here and seemed to have an eye on a return home for along time.

Very poor.

Just the one eye though.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2012, 09:16:34 am by Colin C No.3 »

Very poor.

Just the one eye though.
You pair of sad, sick bas**rds.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2012, 11:37:21 am by Drover »
Hey,I just want to point out,I genuinely never meant to make a pune there.I never even realised,until reading through the thread again today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012