Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:40:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hamilton leaves McClaren  (Read 2052 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Hamilton leaves McClaren
« on September 28, 2012, 09:21:11 am by Mr1Croft »
Signs a deal with Mercedez worth about £15 Million per year. Perez faviourite to sign for McClaten, while Schumacher faces a difficult decision; retire or wait for Sauber to offer him a contract. However if Massa moves to Sauber after failing to impress Ferrari, who have said are looking for an experienced driver then Schumi could be returning to the team where he made his name.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:23:17 am by Mr1Croft »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: Hamilton leaves McClaren
« Reply #1 on September 28, 2012, 11:47:09 am by Rios »
Time will tell if it's good move for Hamilton, it's a gamble based on the 2014 engine changes and Merc's inside track.

Perez must be pissing himself.  Good young driver and will probably get the seat in the best car next year.  If Button can't beat him he should do the decent thing and give his drive to someone else - I'm not a big fan as he won the championship by default at Braun and has been consistently outperformed by Hamilton with the same equipment.  His lack of pole positions at McLaren is a sign of a distinct lack of pace.

It's a sad end for a legend and I bet Schumacher must have some regrets about coming back.  The lure of Ferrari must be strong, but imho he should retire before he ends up hurting himself or someone else.

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 28, 2012, 12:22:38 pm by Rupee92 »
£15m a year?!?  :blink: wow!

So he's left Mercedes, for... Mercedes?

BillieJA

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 28, 2012, 12:49:55 pm by BillieJA »
Time will tell if it's good move for Hamilton, it's a gamble based on the 2014 engine changes and Merc's inside track.

Perez must be pissing himself.  Good young driver and will probably get the seat in the best car next year.  If Button can't beat him he should do the decent thing and give his drive to someone else - I'm not a big fan as he won the championship by default at Braun and has been consistently outperformed by Hamilton with the same equipment.  His lack of pole positions at McLaren is a sign of a distinct lack of pace.

It's a sad end for a legend and I bet Schumacher must have some regrets about coming back.  The lure of Ferrari must be strong, but imho he should retire before he ends up hurting himself or someone else.

Completely agree. There are many people who think Button is better then Hamilton. He's nowhere near as talented in my opinion.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 28, 2012, 08:15:05 pm by RedJ »
How old is Trulli? and isn't he testing for them? I wonder if they'd let him step up to number 2 driver at all.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 28, 2012, 09:43:24 pm by BobG »
Ferrari, who have said are looking for an experienced driver then Schumi could be returning to the team where he made his name.

Didn't Schumi make his name at Benneton?

Cheers

BobG

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 09, 2012, 12:06:55 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Ferrari, who have said are looking for an experienced driver then Schumi could be returning to the team where he made his name.

Didn't Schumi make his name at Benneton?

Cheers

BobG

Yes he did.

All this b*llocks about Button being massively inferior to Hamilton as well is just that, b*llocks. On car setup and managing a car/ its tyres Hamilton is not fit to lace Buttons boots. You never hear of moans and groans from Button on Car performance, or see his private life splashed all over the papers.

At end of day its one title each...Id fancy the chances of Button claiming another one before Hamilton.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 09, 2012, 04:02:30 pm by The L J Monk »
At McLaren:

Hamilton 4th (240 - 9 podiums)
Button 5th (214 - 7 podiums)

Button 2nd (270 - 12 podiums)
Hamilton 5th (227 - 6 podiums)

Hamilton 4th (152 - 6 podiums)
Button 6th (131 - 5 podiums)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 09, 2012, 07:49:32 pm by BobG »
I've got a soft spot for Jensen. His car control and management is in a league of its own. I can't think of anyone since Nikki Lauda who is as good.

Cheers

BobG

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2012, 05:37:25 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You're right there Bob.  Success in racing needs much more than just a Lead wellie.  It may well be the case that Hamilton has more raw talent than Button (though that is debatable too), but if he has, that's pretty much all he does have because he is less of a thinker than is needed.  Sadly he's a very slow learner as evidenced by his repeated mistakes in 2011.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 11, 2012, 08:19:59 pm by DC- »
Based on the troubles Schumacher's been having with the car, I'd be surprised if he makes much of an impact. If Rosberg starts to break down often, you know whose car Hamilton has got.

Bad move for him I think. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Perez has the makings of an amazing racer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012