Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:53:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wake up Kyle.....  (Read 2649 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Wake up Kyle.....
« on October 03, 2012, 08:37:10 am by wing commander »
    Got to say he would not be getting anywhere near my team at the minute,another woefull display last night,how Husband didn't come on for him i dont know...I know Woods was the worse player on the pitch but i have a bit more patience with him.He has been out for a long,long time and it's going to be a while before we see the best of him...

Bennett on the other hand is young,fit and in a league he has the talent to rip up...This should be his time to shine but he really is knowhere at the minute..Of course because of his size and strength, if he does have a poor game it looks worse as it's like playing with ten men...
He needs to come out of the team to give him a kick up the arse and remind him that Football can change very very quickley..One minute you can be attracting attention and the next your playing non league football....I refer you Mr Bennett to Andy Watson.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve16190

Re: Wake up Kyle.....
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2012, 09:36:57 am by steve16190 »
Very true. dont know what the hell is up with him in the last few games! seems like he is not bothered any more. get him off at the moment!!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2012, 09:46:42 am by Donnybax »
Drop him, offers nothing at the minute

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2012, 10:32:48 am by Milepostuk »
I find myself hoping that someone will make an offer in January, although if any scouts actually come and watch him there is absolutely no chance of that happening! He should be killing his opposing defender in this league and, to be honest, he did show signs of this a few times tonight. The problem is, he followed it up with a terrible final ball every time.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2012, 10:46:26 am by nortikorner »
to be fair to kyle ,he is told to play on the wing so is cotterill  but we play  the ball down the middle to brown we do not use the wings ,though he does go missing its not is fault he is looking for the ball ,its down to tatics,this will continue until we remove M woods from midfield only good game he played was at cleethorpes against non league players. we need to play though the midfield he does not fit the role,

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2012, 11:09:54 am by bedale rover »
both "wingers" are not good enough
but bennett does create more excitement but cottrill is more wasteful
you can tell that they are poor as they stutter when faced by a full back
but the whole team is disjointed with the outcome that they sink to the lowest common denominator ie lump it
we need to have 2 distinct teams home team and away team
but as we have seen from pne crawley and stevenage you need to be organised and effective
pne bury an stevenage all scored from corners cottrill invariably hit the first player not one of our giraffes!
saunders needs to learn from the games and pick horses for courses not "oh you did well last time i'm sure it will work again"

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2012, 11:21:21 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Very, very overrated!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2012, 11:23:32 am by MachoMadness »
Give Husband a start instead. At least he looks up for it, Bennett has absolutely nothing over him at the minute.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 03, 2012, 11:33:54 am by coppsisgod »
While Bennett has been awful in recent weeks it is very difficult for wingers to get involved in the game with our lump it long to absolutely nobody tactic. As previously mentioned though Bennett's final ball was terrible last night.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 03, 2012, 11:39:18 am by Colin C No.3 »
Appears to have a "Look at this, I've made it then" head on.

Don't think his time in the 'National News' helped his outlook (re that bloody Bentley fiasco).

He has blistering pace, but as stated by an earlier post, the final product has, in the main, been woeful.

Very frustrating to watch & definitely a candidate for the 'What might he have become' Club.

Dumbuya24

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2012, 11:56:27 am by Dumbuya24 »
Copps aint getting a look in at Forest and they were looking at Bennett before the window closed. Maybe we should get Copps back and send Benno there.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2012, 01:33:26 pm by RobTheRover »
I felt for Martin Woods last night.

Quite a number of times in that first half he was looking to play quick balls and flicks round Preston players and no one was moving for him, so he ends up holding it and either making a simple square pass or a ball back.  Even when he joins up with play, we let Preston get a foot in and it sailed over his head making him look out of position where really he was showing for a little lay off or a give and go.

Poor fella.  Most fans wont see that though, and will just think he's rubbish.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2012, 01:36:46 pm by Filo »

Quite a number of times in that first half he was looking to play quick balls and flicks round Preston players and no one was moving for him, so he ends up holding it and either making a simple square pass or a ball back.  Even when he joins up with play, we let Preston get a foot in and it sailed over his head making him look out of position where really he was showing for a little lay off or a give and go.

A good attempt at trying to defend the indefensible, he was shit last night, no matter how you try to dress it up, he was shit and should be ashamed to drag his extortionate wage!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2012, 01:40:26 pm by MachoMadness »

You may well be right RTR, however I would argue that if he's not fitting in with how the current team plays then he's a hindrance rather than a help and shouldn't be playing. I'm struggling to think of a single noteworthy contribution he's made to the club this season.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2012, 01:41:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Dont get me wrong, Dave, I think he needs to contribute more, but I can say that for virtually all of them.

I could see what he was trying to do last night, but he doesnt have the players around him to allow him to do that any more.  I think, for his sake and ours, we may need to farm him out and bring someone a bit more industrious in.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2012, 02:40:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Some of the times he does these first time passes though Rob, he shouldn't be doing them and it's plain to see that it isn't a good option. He also made some passes back to the defence when he had other options.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 03, 2012, 03:26:09 pm by TheFunk »
Someone needs to tell him his right foot isn't just for standing on. Most of the mistakes in possession were caused by him trying to get it on to his left foot. I personally feel there is no excuse for a professional footballer to be one footed. For christ sake most keepers only become keepers because they are too crap outfield when kids and most of them are two footed.

Brad_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 04, 2012, 11:43:16 am by Brad_DRFC »
Hes been lazy for past few games.
Needs to wake up, good player, just needs to show it. Would consider giving Husband a chance
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:49:46 pm by Brad_DRFC »

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 04, 2012, 01:15:42 pm by scuzzer »
Agree on Bennett though the signs have been there throughout his time with us IMO, he flatters to deceive more often than not and covers it with his three times a year 'one-trick' goal. If i was defending against him he'd get shown the line every time and from there you know the danger's averted - and i was a shit full back. I'd have took the offer for him in the summer just like i would the hefty offer we turned down the summer before for our talisman, it's a business and when you're offered the maximum amount imaginable for and assett you realise it.

As for Woods the other night, honestly, even his Mum and Dad wouldn't try and defend that performance, they'd have more pride in his famous late night video that was knocking around a few years back!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012