Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:42:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Farcial Stuff in Poland  (Read 5496 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Farcial Stuff in Poland
« Reply #30 on October 16, 2012, 09:15:25 pm by Draytonian III »
What's even more incredible is that Scotland aren't losing  :woot:

Oh....they are now !          Good

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

« Reply #31 on October 16, 2012, 09:16:32 pm by GM-MarkB »
What's even more incredible is that Scotland aren't losing  :woot:

Oh....they are now !          Good

Poor Jocks...it never rains but it pours eh LOL

GM-MarkB

« Reply #32 on October 16, 2012, 09:26:01 pm by GM-MarkB »
And talking of FIFA/UEFA and there non-decision making, I wonder what they'll do about Serbia and their fans after tonight's disgraceful scenes following England U/21's last minute win.

Eastern European countires still find it acceptable to abuse 'coloured' players and get away with it....and the authorities will do f**k all

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 16, 2012, 09:29:06 pm by Filo »
And talking of FIFA/UEFA and there non-decision making, I wonder what they'll do about Serbia and their fans after tonight's disgraceful scenes following England U/21's last minute win.

Eastern European countires still find it acceptable to abuse 'coloured' players and get away with it....and the authorities will do f**k all

Yep, basically Danny Rose got sent off for being racially abused, and yet none of the Serbs got anything for throwing punches left right and centre

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 16, 2012, 09:30:17 pm by 1879Rovers »
Surely this should have been enough to tell them it was too wet. At least Roy got to enjoy himself.  :lol:

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 16, 2012, 09:32:52 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The Roof is made of carrier bags and plywood,when they were building the stadium,the budget allowed for Asda carrier bags,but they went over budget and ended up with Aldi one's :laugh:

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 16, 2012, 09:37:53 pm by southwestexile »
Agreed on the serbia incidents - step up FIFA/UEFA you feckless t**ts.

I'm very upset that Roy Kenae didn't finally t**t that hapless chump Chiles for his 'when does heavy rain become a downpour?' comment.  We live in hope

GM-MarkB

« Reply #37 on October 16, 2012, 09:39:04 pm by GM-MarkB »

Yep, basically Danny Rose got sent off for being racially abused, and yet none of the Serbs got anything for throwing punches left right and centre

What is the difference between English fans 25-30 years ago and Eastern Europeans now ?

Back then it seemed the whole of the rest of Europe was clammouring for 'us' to be banned from football because of our  hooligan element. Yet here we are in the present with our players being pelted with seats and other objects and being abused for the colour of their skin. Football's governing bodies are just spineless f**kwits !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 16, 2012, 09:41:49 pm by Filo »
Surely this should have been enough to tell them it was too wet. At least Roy got to enjoy himself.  :lol:

Lol! class, unashamedly nicked!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 16, 2012, 09:55:10 pm by MachoMadness »
Agreed on the Serbia issue. Sadly it will be a slap on the wrists and a fine I imagine, there's too much money in football for them to take any real action. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I really doubt any serious action will be taken. It's sad when certain players get scapegoated and hung out to dry in this country for relatively minor things, while across Europe there is still a real problem with racism and nothing is done about it time and time again.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 16, 2012, 09:59:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I  bet his red card stands

GM-MarkB

« Reply #41 on October 16, 2012, 10:03:52 pm by GM-MarkB »
Tonight pretty much sums up everything about FIFA/UEFA.....f**king useless !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 16, 2012, 10:11:14 pm by Filo »
The Poland Farce gets more comical by the minute

Alan Green, BBC Radio 5 live in Warsaw

"We've recently discovered that the reason there aren't ground staff here in Warsaw is because there's a roof. Once it was raining the roof should have closed and then there wouldn't have been a threat to the game. The fact that the roof remained open was farcical.

A Fifa spokesman tells BBC Sport that tomorrow's game between Poland and England will take place with spectators. Work starts within the next hour to try to close the roof and then work on pitch

"Staff apparently now on "red alert" to get the pitch ready for tomorrow. General air of embarrassment and bemusement."

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 16, 2012, 10:17:26 pm by MachoMadness »
Embarrassment is right. Can you imagine if this had happened over here? Uncle Sepp would throw the book at us. There is literally no reason why they shouldn't have put the roof on when they knew it was going to rain. If they want a slick playing surface, get someone out there with a hose before kick off, it's Poland's national stadium FFS, surely they have one lying around somewhere. The fact that nobody from Poland bothered to come up with a reason why this happened, and instead seemed more concerned with avoiding the issue and absolving themselves of blame just shows the contempt they were treating the fans with. Absolutely gutted for the fans who went there and had to witness that, both English and Polish.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 16, 2012, 10:20:43 pm by MachoMadness »
Also on the Serbia issue, quote from the BBC.

"As soon as the players were in the tunnel apparently there were issues. The Serbian conditioning coach was apparently jostling and getting his face in England players' faces. Jack Butland, the England goalkeeper, was peppered throughout the game with various objects thrown from the stands. Stuart Pearce had a seat thrown at him. Then at the end Danny Rose was racially abused."

If FIFA stop at a fine here for the Serbs then they are a disgrace, but sadly I think that's all that will happen. Paul Ince is calling for a 10 year ban, like FIFA have the spine to dish out something like that. Interesting to see if it was just the fans who were being abusive given how heated the players were.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 16, 2012, 10:24:16 pm by mushRTID »
Watch the video donnyjim has posted on another thread. The most discusting thing iv seen in a long time. They were even attacking our coaching staff as we were leaving the tunnell.

Throw them out.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #46 on October 16, 2012, 10:33:27 pm by GM-MarkB »
I think there's going to be real problems in 6 years time too now that FIFA have awarded Russia the World Cup, because this won't stop and they won't turn down all the Russian oil money

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 17, 2012, 03:21:35 pm by FuzzyDuck »
If I hadn't watched events last night, I would have given FIFA the benefit of the doubt by suggesting the announcements were late due to their wanting to give their paying customers information about the rescheduled fixture.

But I did see it.  Heavy rain in Poland being treated as if it were a one in a million occurrence; not one person able to take a decision and what was Trevor Brooking doing wandering around?  As the English FA's rep, he should have been kicking arse.  No surprise he didn't though :facepalm:

Complete disregard for fans and for once, the players weren't treated much better.

On the Serbians, absolutely disgraceful.  They were found guilty of racism before in 2007 and the Serbian Football Federation were fined £16000!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19944974

£16000?!?! That's what an individual should be fined for such behaviour, not an organization.-

Meanwhile, in 2011, after continued legal to-ing and fro-ing, FIFA and UEFA insisted the Swiss Football Federation punish FC Sion adequately or Switzerland and all Swiss Clubs would face expulsion from European competition.  The charge?  Sion fielded ineligable players.  Sion were subsequently docked 36 points in the league and fined.

Nice to see where FIFA/UEFA priorities lie, transfer red-tape being obviously so much more important than racism! :facepalm:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 17, 2012, 03:43:55 pm by MachoMadness »
Posted a link to the Serb FA statement in the other thread - they've set their stall out and denied there was any problem. Whether FIFA/UEFA have the spine to challenge that is another matter.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 17, 2012, 05:54:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Well, we finally got down to some football and it turned out to be shite. We're seeing the downsides to Hodgson's cautious style and filling the team with young fighters and triers who just aren't quite technically good enough at the top level, such as Cleverley and Chamberlain. When it works, it's great, when it doesn't work, it's frustrating.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #50 on October 17, 2012, 05:56:47 pm by GM-MarkB »
But it's not about performance in these tough away qualifiers is it ? It's all about the result.

End of the day we got a point away in Poland and still top of group

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 17, 2012, 06:01:09 pm by MachoMadness »
Only by a point, and Montenegro have a game in hand. If we want to finish top of the group, which we really should be, you have to win these sort of games. Poland weren't anything special for me, and we've still got to go to Ukraine and Montenegro, both tougher than Poland I think.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 18, 2012, 12:29:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What was needed was El Hadj Diouf as Peace envoy,the Terry Waite of football :laugh:,it was enough can you imagine the trouble he could have caused,maybe that's what the water logging was,he'd already cleared his throat!!,seriously though,if we did anything whether it was the racism at the Serbia game,or failing to shut the roof,we would have been heavily fined for the roof,and possibly banned for racism,absolute disgrace what Danny Rose and the squad and staff had to put up with!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012