Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 08:42:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next 3 matches  (Read 3220 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Next 3 matches
« on October 16, 2012, 09:00:36 pm by Draytonian III »
Brentford Home. Tranmere Away. Notts County Away . I,ll settle for 5 points

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Next 3 matches
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2012, 09:52:19 pm by dknward2 »
Deano wants 7 points

But I see us winning 2 and losing 1 probably lose tranmere away 6 points ill be happy

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2012, 10:05:26 pm by RedArmy »
win all 3 for me  :rtid:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2012, 10:16:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
Its interesting really, Brentford haven't won away from home all season, but they have only lost once in their last 10 games and managed to draw the remaining 5 away matches. In the last 10 games they have won 4 but drew 5 to give them 17 points.

Tranmere on the other hand haven't lost at home all season and only drew once, they are unbeaten in their last 10 games and picked up 24 points on that run.

Notts County are the least impressive on the basis of their last 10 games, picking up 15 points, of that 15 points, only 6 come from their home games. They have lost their last 2 home games on the trot, and have won as many at home as they have lost this season (3) but are yet to draw on home soil.

I think a draw looks most likely against Brentford, We will be lucky to get anything from Tranmere, but Notts County is a game where we should be aiming to get the win if we really mean business this season.

So I would also take 5 points, anything above that is a bonus.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 18, 2012, 11:33:23 pm by andysly »
Difficult looking 3 games. It'd be typical Rovers to lose at home to Brentford then win at Tranmere.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 18, 2012, 11:34:39 pm by andysly »
If the 5 points was offered I'm pretty sure DS would say thank you very much despite 2 wins and a draw rhetoric.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:01:22 am by andysly »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 18, 2012, 11:57:28 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We'll beat Brentford 1-0*****Beat Tranmere 2-1****Lose to Notts County 1-2****We'll edge Brentford,we're two similar teams,don't score that many,but also don't let many in,they've scored half as many away,than they have at home,home win and a clean sheet,Tranmere were not far off from getting beat at home to Yeovil,before coming back and winning,if they make the same start against us,they won't come back,we are more solid defensively than Yeovil,only three goals conceded away,Yeovil nine,a narrow away win with us holding on at the end,Notts county away,there won't be much in this one,Alan Judge will be the difference in this one,plus the threat of Zoko,Arquin and Lee Hughes will just edge the result.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2012, 12:03:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Grow up lads.

If someone offered me 4 points from those matches, I'd snap their hands off.

We are not top of the table material. So we are not in a position to expect to just roll over serious promotion contenders, let alone the runaway league leaders.

If we get 6+ points from those 3 games, we are looking like proper top 3 material. 3-4 points would be fine to keep us on line for our more realistic aim - to make the play-offs.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2012, 12:12:07 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Have to agree there BST, 3 points would be a solid mustn't grumble haul.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2012, 12:21:28 am by MachoMadness »
Interesting that Deano wants 7 points, that looks optimistic to me but that's the way to be. I think we'll know a lot more about our team after these three games, clearly 7 points will mark us out as definite challengers at the top end. It's a tough ask certainly, I see us getting 5 at absolute best, but if we really want to be pushing for the play-offs then we're going to have to find something extra and start beating the top teams.
Difficult looking 3 games. It'd be typical Rovers to lose at home to Brentford then win at Tranmere.

I was just going to say this myself.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2012, 12:38:03 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Understand where your both coming from,but i think your letting the league table dazzle you,there really isn't much between the very top teams and us,i don't see us getting promotion,but being just below the play-offs at the end of the season,we are a very hard team to beat on the road,we are set up for plenty of points away,a strong solid team,hard to break down,and we are capable of scoring one or two,if Tranmere give us a two goal start like they did against Yeovil,they won't come back against us,where we will struggle is at home,breaking teams down who often come for a draw,i see us drawing a lot of games at home,if you notice the top teams in this division,say the top ten,have probably three to four players match winner's,the rest of the team are average run of the mill team players,our match winner's in my opinion are Hume,Cotterill,Brown and Bennett,it's just my opinion on the results we will soon find out anyway.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2012, 12:46:47 am by MachoMadness »
I would agree with that SCWK, however the problem is that the matchwinners you list aren't really firing as of yet apart from maybe Cotterill, and Hume hasn't had time to impose himself yet. I'm fully confident in our ability not to lose games, but less confident about our ability to go out and win them. Deano has built a solid foundation but he's just lacking the funds to get us that spark up front. I really think we'll know where we stand after these 3 games... do we kick on and go for the play-offs, or do we consolidate and just try to finish in the top 10? Both are acceptable for me, but I just think with the lack of quality in this division this year we won't have a better chance of getting out of it for a while.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 19, 2012, 01:00:27 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Totally agree,the chance is there this season to go up,we are probably two to three players from being one of the top teams,i honestly think the board will sit on their hands,and won't invest anymore into the squad unless we get injuries,that's why i don't see us going up,as much as i rate Coppinger,we need his wage off the bill,even if we get only a nominal fee.
I Agree about the players mentioned not firing on all cylinders,but i think these games could be the time for Hume to step forward and show what he's got,Bennett surely has too much ability to waste it,he's had a run in the team,maybe these games are what he needs,to test himself against the upper teams.
I Think Dean has set it up nice to push on after christmas for promotion,i just think the board will show the same lack of foresight that they've shown in the past,and won't give Dean anything else,and it will cost us,i'm quite happy top ten,but like you said,this league is there for the taking.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 19, 2012, 07:12:01 am by GazLaz »
We need to win the first game then it takes the pressure off a bit. I recon we will beat Tranmere if anyone. The type of players we have I think they will relish the challenge.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 19, 2012, 09:45:25 am by rtidbelly »
obviously deano has got to look for maximum points but realistically 4 points i would be very happy with, brentford we should really beating on home soil if we want to be in play offs area. tranmere a point would be a fantastic result cant expect to go to their patch and come away with all three with the run they are on. notts county are on a dip in form so a point or 3 is there for the taking but you never know when that form all of a sudden comes back to give us a thumping.
so 3-4 points is what i feel is acceptable anything more is a very good return.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 19, 2012, 10:05:43 am by The Red Baron »
Five points from the three would be a fair return for me. I really would like to see us set out our stall to boss tomorrow's game. Rather than waiting to see what the opposition's tactics are and then responding accordingly.

I hope Hume will play, though after his travels over the last week he'll probably start on the bench.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 19, 2012, 10:23:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not sure I agree with the comment that there's not much between us and the top of the table. Tranmere have made a quite astonishing start to the season. They have had a run that a side might expect once every 50 years. To expect anything other than a defeat when we play them (away) is highly optimistic. If we DO pick anything up from that trip, it'll be a massive bonus.

Notts County blow hot and cold. We've a chance of getting something from that game if we are on top form.

Brentford have lost just one of their last 10. That match is far from a home banker.

As I say, anything more than 3-4 points from that lot will be a big plus.

And if we DO struggle in these games, we need to keeps but if perspective. After that run, we'll have played 8 out of 14 games away. We'll have played 9 out of 14 against teams in the top half of the table. We'll have played 7 of the top 9 sides.

In short, we'll have had just about the hardest start to a season we could possibly have expected. And at worst we'll be comfortably mid-table. If we can pick a few points up from these 3 games, we have a relatively easy set if fixtures coming up in Nov, and have a real chance to kick on.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 19, 2012, 10:24:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
"keep a bit of perspective"

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #18 on October 19, 2012, 12:09:08 pm by Rovin Reporter »
We can't win at home .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2012, 08:55:48 pm by MrFrost »
Was hoping for a good following for the Notts County game, however, when I got my tickets today, they said we had sold less than 200.
Now I know there is still a week to go, but this is one of our more local games. I have a feeling the Hartlepool incident will go some way to putting people off attending.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 19, 2012, 09:09:05 pm by andysly »
Can't see Hartlepoolgate/Orientgate putting people off, more likely fans are waiting for payday or just going to turn up. We'll have plenty there.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 19, 2012, 09:12:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There's some dreamers on here tonight.  5pts?  6pts? 7pts???????

FFS!  Have any of you lot been going to games this season???

Less than three points out of that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  Any more and I'll not only be surprised but delighted and happy to take a big slice of that 'orrible pie.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 19, 2012, 09:14:01 pm by MrFrost »
Can't see Hartlepoolgate/Orientgate putting people off, more likely fans are waiting for payday or just going to turn up. We'll have plenty there.

I'd have thought 2000 odd would have been possible for this one.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 19, 2012, 09:25:54 pm by andysly »
Bit much considering we're struggling to attract 5,000 home fans. But certainly over a thousand.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2012, 09:28:46 pm by MrFrost »
Bit much considering we're struggling to attract 5,000 home fans. But certainly over a thousand.

If Chesterfield can bring 1100 for a meaningless cup game. And don't forget County brought 3300 here last season.
But, our away numbers aren't as good these days.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2012, 09:35:32 pm by andysly »
Chesterfield's big night out for the season and don't forget it was only a tenner and quid a kid not £24, and I'm sure it was cheap tickets for our cup game v County. Though must say they did bring excellent support.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 20, 2012, 12:03:30 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It's the money Frosty,people find it hard enough to get to home games,as you know it's even more away,i made a silly comment on Tranmere on one of the other subjects that someone wrote on here,i said if Cassidy gets injured,or recalled from loan who will score the goals,i said this without looking at most of their squad,Akpa Akpro,and Robinson of course are also chipping in as well,i stand by my original statement,that they won't win the league,and also that there isn't much between us and the top teams,more creativity,composure with chances,so far we have been solid without being spectacular,usually teams who make as many changes as we have in pre-season,wouldn't have got as many points on the board as we have,we just need that extra bit of class to open teams up,then we will win games that we've been drawing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2012, 12:34:58 pm by RedJ »
We can't win at home .

Bury, Shrewsbury may disagree. Hull and Chessie too. Am I missing anyone?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012