Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:54:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 5 supporters banned  (Read 23883 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
5 supporters banned
« on October 19, 2012, 09:20:17 pm by MrFrost »
Following the incident at Hartlepool.
Very surprised at this. Also this is a club ban, not an actual football banning order, which means, they could attend away games I suspect, as DRFC wouldn't have powers to ban them from opponents stadiums.

I just have a feeling DRFC have acted on hearsay, and without those banned able to give their own version of events or any kind of defense. If it had gone to court, and had an actual banning order sentenced, they would have chance for a proper defense.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: 5 supporters banned
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2012, 09:30:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I just have a feeling DRFC have acted on hearsay

What the police, stewards and other spectators involved say isn't hearsay. There must be some basis for the decision to ban these particular people, and it won't be what has been written on forums or twitter, which IS hearsay.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2012, 09:32:10 pm by MrFrost »
I just have a feeling DRFC have acted on hearsay

What the police, stewards and other spectators involved say isn't hearsay. There must be some basis for the decision to ban these particular people, and it won't be what has been written on forums or twitter, which IS hearsay.

Still, it will only be a ban from the KMS, I don't see how, without an actual banning order from the courts, they can stop them attending away games. And like I say, were they given a chance to put their side across? It seems not.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2012, 09:37:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You don't know that, and neither do I.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2012, 09:45:13 pm by River Don »
Identify them.

Throw them out.

Simple

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2012, 09:51:03 pm by Donnywolf »
...and as the vermin a Hillsborough tonight BAN THEM. It is a criminal offence to enter the field of play at any time . There will be notices in the Programme and posted in the Ground and probably announced so the Leeds fans cannot plead innocent . They did wrong and should immediately be banned

Similarly the Rovers fans involved at 'pool know affray or public order offences are treated similarly and they too do not NEED a hearing if the CCTV evidence and vredible witnesses identify them as the perpetrators

Lets hope they get the wrongdoers across the country and we dont end up behind KILLER FENCES again

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #6 on October 19, 2012, 09:57:07 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Are the club going to identify the players who cost us £20k if its that simple ? Stones and glasshouses spring to mind

Identify them.

Throw them out.

Simple

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2012, 09:59:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Do we know who has actually been banned? If it's the same blokes who were bragging about it on Twitter and Facebook, why should they get a defence? They were bigging themselves up when they thought they'd get away with it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2012, 10:00:42 pm by wilts rover »
I would like to think you are being ironic in trying to defend them............unfortunately I know you are not.

If you can't behave stay away, I dont want you near me and Doncaster Rovers dont want you anywhere near them, simplez. (this sentance is not aimed at you personaly Mr Frost, just thugs in general)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2012, 10:03:10 pm by MrFrost »
I would like to think you are being ironic in trying to defend them............unfortunately I know you are not.

If you can't behave stay away, I dont want you near me and Doncaster Rovers dont want you anywhere near them, simplez. (this sentance is not aimed at you personaly Mr Frost, just thugs in general)

Thing is. If I was set upon inside a stadium, I would defend myself. If that meant having to defend myself in what might a appear a violent way, then so be it. Would this mean I would also be banned?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2012, 10:08:17 pm by wilts rover »

Thing is. If I was set upon inside a stadium, I would defend myself. If that meant having to defend myself in what might a appear a violent way, then so be it. Would this mean I would also be banned?

Dunno, I would have to sit down with the relevant authorities and watch the CCTV, speak to witness, stewards, police, other fans who have come forward etc, and then make a decision - you got a link to a youtube clip of you doing it?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2012, 10:13:34 pm by hoolahoop »

Frosty you are missing the point here, I won't be taking my family to away games in future............DON'T try and defend the indefensible . My advice is follow the advice that Wilts has given you.
I want to take my family to games without having my day out spoiled because of the need for over zealous Stewarding and Policing. As Wolfie said earlier , we don't want to find ourselves caged up again.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 19, 2012, 10:15:38 pm by MrFrost »

Frosty you are missing the point here, I won't be taking my family to away games in future............DON'T try and defend the indefensible . My advice is follow the advice that Wilts has given you.
I want to take my family to games without having my day out spoiled because of the need for over zealous Stewarding and Policing. As Wolfie said earlier , we don't want to find ourselves caged up again.

Seems to be a contradicting tale of what happened depending on who you speak to. One of those banned was defending himself it seems. And as I said, i'm not sure how DRFC can ban them from attending away games.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 19, 2012, 10:16:04 pm by FuzzyDuck »
There are people in the away stand who know exactly who was causing the trouble at Hartlepool.  I am sure some have come forward and told the club what they know.  Is that hearsay or are they witness statements?

I hope Donny have given the information to Teeside police so the gits get prosecuted, banned from all grounds and punished further in appropriate ways. Please don't ask me what I consider appropriate - in my current mood, I am quite likely to get mediaeval.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 19, 2012, 10:22:39 pm by wilts rover »
With you on that one Fuzzy, you fancy a joust?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 19, 2012, 10:23:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There are people in the away stand who know exactly who was causing the trouble at Hartlepool.  I am sure some have come forward and told the club what they know.  Is that hearsay or are they witness statements?

If a witness makes a statement recounting what they personally directly saw and heard it is not hearsay.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 19, 2012, 10:24:12 pm by MrFrost »

If a witness makes a statement recounting what they personally directly saw and heard it is not hearsay.

Like I said, the version of events differs depending on who you speak to. Be interesting to see what happens when (or if) it goes to court.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #17 on October 19, 2012, 10:24:37 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Very surprised at this. Also this is a club ban, not an actual football banning order, which means, they could attend away games I suspect, as DRFC wouldn't have powers to ban them from opponents stadiums.

I just have a feeling DRFC have acted on hearsay, and without those banned able to give their own version of events or any kind of defense. If it had gone to court, and had an actual banning order sentenced, they would have chance for a proper defense.
just be thankful it wasn't you .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 19, 2012, 10:26:12 pm by MrFrost »

just be thankful it wasn't you .

Thankful what wasn't me? Why would it have been me?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2012, 10:31:33 pm by FuzzyDuck »
With you on that one Fuzzy, you fancy a joust?

Nope - but if you can find these idiots, stand them with apples attached to their groins, I'll take you on in an archery contest!

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 19, 2012, 10:33:09 pm by donnybez »
Hi Guys I've been living under a rock for the last week (with the national housing crisis its the only thing I can afford) what happened at Hartlepool?

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 19, 2012, 10:57:38 pm by intake rover »
It is a criminal offence to enter the field of play at any time . well actually its not cos its only classed as common tresspass in the court of law.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 19, 2012, 11:01:50 pm by Muttley »
Hi Guys I've been living under a rock for the last week (with the national housing crisis its the only thing I can afford) what happened at Hartlepool?

Nowt that you wouln't see a dozen times on a night out in town, bit of a disagreement, bit of handbags. Would've come to nothing if the stewards hadn't intervened like a bunch of stormtroopers.

And now the moral majority on here, in the Free Press and at the club are blowing it out of all proportion and without doing a full and proper investigation into the circumstances and actions of all involved.

I agree with the poster above about the actions of the players involved in the fracas in the tunnel at Leeds - are they going to be banned from the Keepmoat too?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 19, 2012, 11:04:40 pm by Donnywolf »
OK .... you may be right (probably are) but I stick to my guns .... it is against the rules / law / common decency to enter a pitch at any time

We all know and so anyone doing it should have the weight of the law thrown at them. I lived through the dark days from around '63 or '64 until after Hillsborough (ironic or what) when "trouble" between fans forced the authorities to erect fences which contributed SIGNIFICANTLY  in the deaths of 96 people just like me and you - innocent football fans - and nobody ever should have to go through that again

Lock up the criminals (or common trespassers NOW)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2012, 11:07:41 pm by Barmby Rover »
Well we certainly see who would join in on here don't we. Supporting people who can not behave themselves in a civilised way is as bad as being there yourself. So it is OK for Warnock to have his players applaud the idiots at Wednesday tonight? Of course it isn't. And I hope the FA has the guts to throw a very large book at the lot of them.
DRFC have got this one right, we don't want these people as supporters. 

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2012, 11:10:20 pm by MrFrost »
OK .... you may be right (probably are) but I stick to my guns .... it is against the rules / law / common decency to enter a pitch at any time

We all know and so anyone doing it should have the weight of the law thrown at them. I lived through the dark days from around '63 or '64 until after Hillsborough (ironic or what) when "trouble" between fans forced the authorities to erect fences which contributed SIGNIFICANTLY  in the deaths of 96 people just like me and you - innocent football fans - and nobody ever should have to go through that again

Lock up the criminals (or common trespassers NOW)

I've been on the pitch plenty of times. So have thousands of other DRFC fans. Would you ban ALL of them? Christ, wouldn't be many of us left.

Like Muttley said, it has been blown out of proportion, without a proper investigation. I know for a fact one of those banned hasn't been asked by the club for his version of events.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 19, 2012, 11:11:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Correct

Identify them and ban them ... although as seems to be the case the Leeds moron from tonight has been banned 3 times already for "offences" at Football matches - so we need to make bans stick

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 19, 2012, 11:12:08 pm by MrFrost »
Well we certainly see who would join in on here don't we. Supporting people who can not behave themselves in a civilised way is as bad as being there yourself. So it is OK for Warnock to have his players applaud the idiots at Wednesday tonight? Of course it isn't. And I hope the FA has the guts to throw a very large book at the lot of them.

Didn't DRFC also ban a fan for throwing the ball in the wrong direction to the awaiting Burnley player a few years back? The law is there to provide banning orders after a thorough criminal investigation. DRFC are not judge and jury.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 19, 2012, 11:12:51 pm by MrFrost »
Correct

Identify them and ban them ... although as seems to be the case the Leeds moron from tonight has been banned 3 times already for "offences" at Football matches - so we need to make bans stick

So ban every fan who entered the pitch when we won League 2? Or when we won the Conference cup at Belle Vue? Fantastic logic.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2012, 11:15:31 pm by Donnywolf »

Didn't DRFC also ban a fan for throwing the ball in the wrong direction to the awaiting Burnley player a few years back? The law is there to provide banning orders after a thorough criminal investigation. DRFC are not judge and jury.

... agreed .... there must be justice / a hearing / etc to ensure they have the right people and then throw the book at them

I posted this earlier in this thread and stand by it now

...and as the vermin at Hillsborough tonight BAN THEM. It is an offence to enter the field of play at any time . There will be notices in the Programme and posted in the Ground and probably announced so the Leeds fans cannot plead innocent . They did wrong and should immediately be banned

Similarly the Rovers fans involved at 'pool know affray or public order offences are treated similarly and they too do not NEED a hearing if the CCTV evidence and vredible witnesses identify them as the perpetrators

Lets hope they get the wrong doers across the country and we dont end up behind KILLER FENCES again

TinyPortal © 2005-2012