Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 05:15:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today  (Read 2311 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Today
« on October 20, 2012, 05:09:01 pm by jonnydog »
Unbelievable result going on performance, and possibly more points picked up through good use of subs.

... AND yet ANOTHER example of possession meaning f**k all!!!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Today
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2012, 05:28:40 pm by Filo »
That was daylight robbery without a doubt!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2012, 05:32:53 pm by glosterred »
If I was a Brentford fan I would be feeling mugged at this moment in time. Did not look like scoring until Cotterill scored from about 30 yards, a good cross and header for Billy P's goal. But other than that not a good performance at all

COYR

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2012, 05:33:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Rovers goal scorers today were Robin Hood and Little John

but its a good  grit and determination 3 points from a poor performance

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2012, 05:42:49 pm by Florida Rover »
Its what goes in that net that counts and we did better than them. Under SOD we did a Brentford often and got no result.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2012, 05:48:14 pm by donnievic »
Well fans and like will say itys the result that matters but f**k that i dont want to be watching performances like that to often even if we do end up winning,rather us play well and we havent for ages,I'm afraid today rseults ios just papering over the cracks even worse than last weeks.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2012, 05:55:52 pm by MachoMadness »
So refreshing to be on this end of a robbery for a change! Completely undeserved on the balance of the 90mins, but they crumbled after Cotts scored and we capitalised.

If we're relying on wonder goals to lift our performance, we won't get far, so that's worrying, but there's still some positives to be taken from the performance because of the fight we showed.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2012, 06:02:15 pm by DonnyNoel »
If I was a Brentford fan I'd be fuming they never went in for the kill (which I think they could have done at any point  up to 60 minutes). On the other hand credit once again to our lads for playing with grit for the full 90.

Today has strengthened my opinion that we have the individuals to be a play off team, especially the quality of the goals. When it clicks, be it this season or next, we'll be tough to stop.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2012, 08:28:59 pm by ravenrover »
As I came out the ground this chap grabbed me and asked if this black horse tied up outside belonged to me? I told him that nobody but a DICK would have left it there............talk about highway robbery!!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2012, 08:53:37 pm by The Red Baron »
Napoleon said that he preferred his generals to be lucky. He'd have liked Dean Saunders. The first half was as bad as anything I've seen from a Rovers team and it didn't improve a lot until we scored. Although I started to think we could nick something when Brentford started messing about and wasting time with only an hour gone. They should have been looking to kill us and the game off.

Makes up, I suppose, for all the times in the past few seasons when we've outplayed teams and come away with nothing.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2012, 08:58:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
The Brentford forum does read like this one did for spells of our Championship life. Rosler even gets referred to as Herr Tippy Tappy!

In fairness I thought they were a good side and didn't resort to the long ball. Donaldson up front made me nervous yet has apparently only scored 1 in 10. The first 45 were as bad as anything I've seen  but winning is a huge positive and backs up most peoples opinion that this is a very poor division.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2012, 09:18:13 pm by Spud »
Cotterill got us out of jail for sure. We have a play-off first 11 if not a squad. Shame they seem to lack confidence for whatever reason.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2012, 09:54:49 pm by Hounslowrover »
Just back to Hounslow with my son who is a Brentford season ticket holder.  When I was bemoaning our play and saying why I prefer to watch  Rovers away, he basically said the same about Brentford's home displays.  It was certainly a mugging today, but over the last few years we've played well and got nothing, so its nice to appreciate the points despite the display.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 21, 2012, 09:57:17 am by mjg »
or bad subs on there behalf, there manager lost them the game trying to shut the back door

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 21, 2012, 11:14:15 am by jonnydog »
Think their manager got at least one sub correct, cos their number 4 had equally as poor a game as any of our players.

The drop of quality in leagues is evident to all. If that was a championship match, the errors that we made would have been pounced on and we'd be punished. Think they had two 1 on 1 opportunities from mistakes and missed both, even their goal hit the crossbar and if it had been an inch higher wouldn't have gone in!

Fortunately it's league1, they didn't take the chances and we still won. I'm of the opinion as others have said where I'd rather play bad/ugly and win, you can't beat the feeling of your team scoring a goal let alone a 'comeback-victory' goal.

It's feeling good to be a Rovers fan again! And feeling just as good walking to/from most games now!!

RTID:scarf:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:17:21 am by jonnydog »

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 21, 2012, 11:41:17 am by Red wizard »
or bad subs on there behalf, there manager lost them the game trying to shut the back door
Mick your back. Welcome.

GVARover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 21, 2012, 12:08:32 pm by GVARover »
 :thumbsup:got to say I much prefer seeing us stealing 3 points than playing pretty football and losing - had enough of the losing over the past two seasons! No harm in winning ugly sometimes, and this is a team that has still only had a dozen games together.  Still short of a couple of players but one point off a playoff spot, game in hand, outplayed by but still beating a playoff contender from last season after going behind - could go on but my half full glass is brimming over at present.  Keep those points coming boys!
COYR  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012