Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:49:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing Section  (Read 2759 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Singing Section
« on November 03, 2012, 07:00:07 pm by Wellred »
Maybe it's time to bin the idea.
What happened to the singing section today? The only noise came from a couple of hundred BPA fans.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Singing Section
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2012, 07:12:53 pm by RedJ »
People won't join in, that's the long and the short of it. They expect others to generate the atmosphere for them but when they don't bother to contribute these 'others' just don't bother.

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2012, 07:24:57 pm by teeceerrr »
This is not a criticism of the game as I'm happy with the result and we're through but I nearly fell asleep in the first half! Doesn't matter if you put all the singers in one section if the game doesn't create a spark then there won't be any noise.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2012, 07:47:29 pm by RedJ »
You could have the most exciting match in the world and some folk still wouldn't contribute, particularly at our place.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2012, 08:13:45 pm by glosterred »
What happened to the Drummer boy - did he do a disappearing act in the second half - did he turn up at all.

COYR

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2012, 08:25:17 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Sorry but we sit as a family in the south stand but to be frank, what was there to sing about today. Except for the result, a win against a team 3 leagues below us, this was another poor home performance with nothing to get excited about. This type of football will not get fans flooding through the gates and must be sorted ASAP. Please Deano give us something to sing about!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2012, 08:35:12 pm by hoolahoop »
You could have the most exciting match in the world and some folk still wouldn't contribute, particularly at our place.

Sadly that's the truth and that's why we lose so many potential local fans to local clubs. There are a good few posters on here that think they no longer need to bother supporting the team properly They believe they are older and wiser (in other words many supporters stop vocalising when they reach c.40 years old and study the game itself!!). Strangely enough some of the posts I have read from these sorts are usually the first to complain about lack of atmosphere..........bizarre.
You know who you are..................sadly.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2012, 08:37:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry but we sit as a family in the south stand but to be frank, what was there to sing about today. Except for the result, a win against a team 3 leagues below us, this was another poor home performance with nothing to get excited about. This type of football will not get fans flooding through the gates and must be sorted ASAP. Please Deano give us something to sing about!

Totally disagree , you could have a team compiled of the best players from the top 4 Prem. teams playing for us and there would still be...............................

BARELY A WHIMPER :(

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2012, 08:44:29 pm by Viking Don »
If I wanted to sing I'd join a f**king choir.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2012, 08:57:32 pm by hoolahoop »
If I wanted to sing I'd join a f***ing choir.

THEN JOIN IT YOU OLD FART................................;)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2012, 09:04:37 pm by Spud »
To me it's been a strange season so far. Despite a start beyond what any of us expected i can only think of one game that has properly entertained me and that was the Hull game (can't comment on away games).
Can't fault the management for what they've achieved thus far on a limited budget, hopefully we might break into a bit of football too sooner or later. Then we should notice the volume raise in the stands.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 03, 2012, 09:05:07 pm by roversam »
i agree with you viking don, sorry hoola another OLD FART HERE.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 03, 2012, 09:15:09 pm by hoolahoop »
i agree with you viking don, sorry hoola another OLD FART HERE.

Just need a few '000 more of you and we might as well close up shop because we're NOT going to attract supporters to games anymore. Wtf has got into you all, don't you care anymore ? Believe me lack of atmosphere is not going to keep existing supporters coming or indeed attract newbies.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 03, 2012, 09:51:49 pm by roversam »
 i wasnt going to respond to that load of tosh hoola but here goes,  :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid:  :clapping: :rtid: ooh im learning, i'll be a real fan like you if im not careful hoola, lighten up mate it was meant to be a wind up but it didnt work did it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 03, 2012, 10:12:40 pm by hoolahoop »
i wasnt going to respond to that load of tosh hoola but here goes,  :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid: :clapping: :rtid:  :clapping: :rtid: ooh im learning, i'll be a real fan like you if im not careful hoola, lighten up mate it was meant to be a wind up but it didnt work did it.

So did I Sam hence the winky when calling VD an 'old fart'. Incidentally no supporter of this club is better or worse than me . It takes a lot of practise and guts to follow our team, especially in the ''knuckle dragging Binkicker'' territory of Thorne. :)

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 03, 2012, 10:27:58 pm by roversam »
i must admit i missed your winky thingy, sorry about that hoola  :blush:

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 03, 2012, 10:47:47 pm by Shornton »
I go to the match to watch football and cheer when we score, I never sing and will never sing!!!!

I'm still a fan!!!!

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 03, 2012, 10:51:26 pm by swain_drfc »
Trying a singing section at a JPT game or a FA cup game against a team a lot lower than us is never going to really test whether it could work or not. Lets try it out if we get to the third round and get a glamour tie!!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 03, 2012, 11:11:29 pm by donnievic »
Well it doesnt help when half the so called singing section doesn't join in when other section starts and vice versa,nor does it help when idiot prefers to sing about other things including formula 1 (WTF).And also the drummer who cant drum and usually drowns the singing out then puts his drum away which is propably best thing he has done.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 03, 2012, 11:22:03 pm by Viking Don »
Haha Hools, you've obviously never heard my rendition of 'My Way' or you would be pleased I don't sing! Less of the 'ole blue eyes', more of a Sid Vicious/Steven Hawking rendition. I just can't sing.

I do go just to watch the football and think my oooos and aaaaahhs and insults at the ref do contribute to an atmosphere though, at least where I am anyway. I have sung the occasional 'Rovers Til I Die' thing but people just tell me to shut it so I do.

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 04, 2012, 10:09:36 am by teeceerrr »
It's not entirely due to the lack of supporters why we don't get any atmosphere, it's what's happening on the pitch. Who went to the Hull game? Atmosphere at that game was great.

What we really need is more shit refs as that always seems to generate some vocal support.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 04, 2012, 10:33:21 am by Colin C No.3 »
I can remember 'the few' who always sang on the popside at Belle Vue, in fact one of the more frequent chants would be "Mainstand, mainstand give us a song.......", of course mainstand never did.

Fast forward to the JPT Final at Cardiff & 20,000 Rovers fans in attendance. Any singing? Nope.

Wembley, Play off Final, Leeds Utd, a 'local' team loathed by many a Rovers follower (for many different reasons), any sustained chanting or singing, apart from an often far too short a 'rendition' of "Come on you Reds"? I think not.

'WE' just NEVER have had a large enough contingent of fans who congregate together & sing throughout games. Dunno why. We can manage it at away games, but there are different dynamics at work there, all together in the same area & caught up in the 'We're all in this together & united we stand' syndrome.....& it's great, it really makes for an 'occasion'. If only we could bottle it & 'bring it home'!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 04, 2012, 10:50:53 am by godlike1 »
Do any of you not watch premier league / championship games on tv either? There are many I see where you can either hear a pin drop or just the murmur of people talking around the ground. It's normally only if the game is a scintalating one that the atmosphere gets up or a local derby etc etc.  this shows we are not unique we just don't have the size of support of other teams who do generate an atmosphere

My opinionis that putting standing back in grounds won't make an ounce if difference either, if there's nothing to sing about on the field then no one will sing

TinyPortal © 2005-2012