Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:01:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fixture List  (Read 1347 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
Fixture List
« on November 09, 2012, 09:59:18 am by weststander »
As we are about to complete a cycle of consecutive away matches followed by 3 games at home (albeit 1 of these a cup game) and assuming that many supporters find such a sequence difficult to cope with financially, I feel the time is right to again make representation to the FL about the sequencing of home/away matches. It is not a particular problem for me but it must be an issue for supporters with more financial commitments or on low incomes.
A quick scan of the fixture list has revealed that we have consecutive home matches on 7 occasions this season.
I have emailed the league in previous seasons to no avail, so I wonder if a group effort might bear more fruit. Perhaps a petition might be the way or even some initiative from the FSF. Silent Majority might have some thoughts/ideas on this.
If we can get some improvement to the process for future seasons both fans and the club(s) will benefit.

:rtid: :scarf: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Fixture List
« Reply #1 on November 09, 2012, 10:56:57 am by silent majority »
The FSF have a representative on the panel that sets the fixture's at the start of the season. I can't remember the exact make up of the whole panel but essentially they are there to ensure that its done fairly. Of course our fixtures are not done in isolation, you have to look at the other fixtures that are occurring in South Yorkshire on the same days to get clarity.

I have the procedure that is followed somewhere on my PC, I'll see if I can find it. But if you want to have input directly to the panel then I can do that for you as I see the FSF rep on a regular basis.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 10:24:04 am by selby »
Supporters dont need procedures they require common sence the way current fixtures are done is costing clubs a fortune in walk up money.
   Pre computer fixtures were mainly home away sequence and local games xmas and bank holidays .
    why could this be done in the 1930 to 70s and not now?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 10:34:30 am by Wellred »
Since when did anyone care about anything not involving the Premier league anyway?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 10:46:49 am by 1879Rovers »
I cannot see the problem with how the fixtures are done at the moment.

If you only do home games then if we have two away games in a row you have time to put money aside. If you go home and away, then you have got to pay for it at some stage, whether they be two home games in a row or home and away.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 10:52:28 am by The Red Baron »
I cannot see the problem with how the fixtures are done at the moment.

If you only do home games then if we have two away games in a row you have time to put money aside. If you go home and away, then you have got to pay for it at some stage, whether they be two home games in a row or home and away.

Disagree- I think people find it hard to fork out for two games in a week. Not just the cost of tickets but travel, food and drink etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012