Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:24:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Husband in need of a break?  (Read 1320 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Husband in need of a break?
« on December 16, 2012, 12:51:21 am by RoversAlias »
I think he's a superb player with a big, big future ahead but let's remember that James Husband is still a young teenager trying to find his feet in the professional game. For me his performances have tailed off in the last 2/3 games and today he got annihilated by McGoldrick. I feel as though now we have McCombe fit again that Husband should be allowed a couple of weeks to rest up and revamp instead of playing 90 minutes every single game. I don't think we need to rush it with him, especially with options available.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Husband in need of a break?
« Reply #1 on December 16, 2012, 12:57:11 am by Viking Don »
We're probably trying to flog him or something. I can't see why he's in the side above McCombe with Spurr at left back.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 16, 2012, 09:01:20 am by DonnyNoel »
Irrespective of the game yesterday where Husband, like most was poor, it takes me back to a thread earlier in the season where we discussed Spurr and Husband. One possible the best left back in the league, another our brightest prospect in a generation.

I genuinely think that our best back four so far has been with McCombe in the middle and Spurr on the left but then what to do with Husband. We mustn't stunt his development  as he's either going to play 500 games for us or go for serious cash I'd say. Whilst we're short on pace and directness going forward do we consider him viable competition for Bennett?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 16, 2012, 09:24:32 am by Donnywolf »
Irrespective of the game yesterday where Husband, like most was poor, it takes me back to a thread earlier in the season where we discussed Spurr and Husband. One possible the best left back in the league, another our brightest prospect in a generation.

I genuinely think that our best back four so far has been with McCombe in the middle and Spurr on the left but then what to do with Husband. We mustn't stunt his development  as he's either going to play 500 games for us or go for serious cash I'd say. Whilst we're short on pace and directness going forward do we consider him viable competition for Bennett?

I think he could be pushed forward into left midfield as he seems to have all the attributes to "do a job" there.

He has tremendous enthusiasm something Bennett might have but is not as obvious from the sidelines to a casual observer

Thank god I am not a Manager but as a fan I would find a place for Husband ahead of Bennett at the moment

On a different post it states he was roasted by McGoldrick and thats true but they also say in any sport that you learn as much or more from your mistakes as you do from your successes and so I hope JH did just that yesterday

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 16, 2012, 09:42:54 am by benaldo »
I thought yesterdays problems were mainly the full backs. Husband was/is so naive it's untrue! How Quinn starts ahead of Griffin is anyones guess, but he's just awful.
The midfield isn't helped by the presence of Keegan, I've said it before and I'll say it again - He's not very good at playing football. Yes, a lot of the drfc baying crowd want a "get stuck in" "go on keegs lad" kind of moronic hard tackling player for some reason, but I think they fail to see that he a) Can't tackle, and b) can't do much else either. I watched him in one period of play as coventry were harassing us through the midfield and both Harper and Cotterill pointed to a spare coventry player who needed marking. What did Keegan do? - Wander about to the left wing looking aimless and leaving his man to wander through to the penalty area. In a word - clueless.
Cotterill asked to be substituted and looked injured somehow (I actually thought he looked to be wheezing a bit and as an asthmatic, I wonder if he is one too and the cold air was troubling him?) and his departure didn't help. Bennetts inclusion didn't help either, but hey, he's better than martin woods eh.
In all, for me, Husband and Quinn and Keegan cost rovers the game yesterday. You could see that coventry knew how crap our full backs were because they attacked almost every time down our flanks instead of going through the centre and running into Jones. Even godawful mcsheffrey was being made to look like pele yesterday, it was that bad!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 16, 2012, 10:06:46 am by hoolahoop »
Excellent summary benaldo. Tactically Mark Bobbins got his players to attack at every weak spot that we had and had them attacking our lads in packs almost. At times there were 4/5 Coventry players hunting down 1/2 of our weaker players like a pride of lions giving us little time on the ball and that sort of pressure from experienced players caused us to panic constantly.
Their movement was excellent and generally their all round play does not reflect  their current standing in the Division. Bobbins is now getting the best out of the Sky Blues and I think we can now expect them to march up the table.
We looked ''leggy'' and I agree especially JH as well as a few others looked way out of depth........some need resting now. Unfortunately we haven't got the depth of squad to cover this and I would expect us to struggle over the next few weeks.........I hope I'm wrong and that this was just a blip but I think in reality we are nowgoing to struggle due to the weakness of our midfield causing unnecessary pressure to be put on an already tired and somewhat beleagured defense.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 16, 2012, 10:12:40 am by The Red Baron »
I've already commented on the defence elsewhere, but we looked most solid when we had Jones and McCombe in the centre and Spurr at LB. Go back to that with Griffin at right back and we'd look better. Husband has probably played too many games and needs a spell on the bench- when he has come off the bench he's showed his versatility, so make use of that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012