Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ricoh Arena Rent  (Read 2189 times)

Rios

• VSC Member
Ricoh Arena Rent
« on December 28, 2012, 12:02:19 pm by Rios »
Interesting article (well the first third anyway) regarding Coventry and their inability to afford their rented stadium.  Worringly some of the concerns and figures in it can be used to draw parallels to us.  I don't want to be a complete doom-monger (I'll leave that to BobG!) but if Cov are paying 1.28m with bigger crowds and potential than us and we're paying £1m with lower crowds and an inability to engage the Doncaster public, what sort of trouble does that leave us in if like Coventry our circumstances change either through owners or league position?  Do we have written guarantees of reduced rent if we sink down the divisions when JR packs it in?  Do the figures stack up if we don't have rich owners to subsidise the team which brings punters in and makes the commercial side work?

And before anyone starts, this is a question/debate not a moan.   If you're unable to look at and talk about things like this then stick your head in the sand and ignore this thread.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/have-coventry-city-said-goodbye-to-the-ricoh/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

whisky

• Forum Member
Re: Ricoh Arena Rent
« Reply #1 on December 28, 2012, 12:06:31 pm by whisky »
I don't think we are paying anywhere near 1m now. Plus we make money from refreshments, parking, gigs ect that coventry don't.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 28, 2012, 12:09:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You could do with reading the article that was published by Coventry City FC where they stated a summary of our deal which works out at 10k a year.

See link below;

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-261212-559871.aspx

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 28, 2012, 12:16:07 pm by Rios »
Cheers BFYP!  Not sure if it's me not paying attention as much to all things Rovers lately, or if it's the club not pushing this stuff out to our fans but I thought we were still paying the £1m. 

JR has done us proud negotiating that!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 28, 2012, 12:20:03 pm by Muttley »
You could do with reading the article that was published by Coventry City FC where they stated a summary of our deal which works out at 10k a year.

See link below;

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-261212-559871.aspx

This article says we're paying £100k pa (index linked, so will rise over time)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-18194921

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 28, 2012, 12:24:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I believe that is the valuation before the values they agreed to deduct from that...

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 28, 2012, 12:41:39 pm by Muttley »
I believe that is the valuation before the values they agreed to deduct from that...

You're right - it's more complicated than I thought...

http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/chamber/.%5CReports%5C010812%20Keepmoat%20Stadium%20Agreement.doc

For the first 9 years DRFC will pay the Council:-
£100k for the new stadium lease
£7.75k for the training ground*
£1 per car for the car boot sales (est £25k per year)*
This is a total of approx £133k per year

The Council will pay DRFC
£75k towards insurance costs*
£90k for outstanding naming rights
This is a total of approx £165k a year

So DMBC pay Rovers £32k per year (although Rovers have got to insure the stadium)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 28, 2012, 02:07:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Although this is time limited: "After 9 years the naming rights payments will end and inflation will commence on the leases and at that point the Council will be receiving an overall positive cash flow from the facilities for the first time. This will be about £60k a year after allowing for the insurance costs".

Let's hope we are pulling in slightly bigger crowds by 2021.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 28, 2012, 02:33:36 pm by Filo »
Although this is time limited: "After 9 years the naming rights payments will end and inflation will commence on the leases and at that point the Council will be receiving an overall positive cash flow from the facilities for the first time. This will be about £60k a year after allowing for the insurance costs".

Let's hope we are pulling in slightly bigger crowds by 2021.

Or a much improved naming rights deal

TinyPortal © 2005-2012