Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:22:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paynter red card  (Read 8595 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Paynter red card
« Reply #30 on January 02, 2013, 02:48:18 pm by bobbymax »
Err, their centre back who was marking Paynter got booked for persistent fouling...

I think he's referring to #32 Kennedy, who never got booked.
In fact neither of their center backs got booked, according to sky sports:  http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/262996/teams
Kennedy was the worst offender. He committed more fouls than made clean tackles but somehow avoided a card every time- I'd just assumed he was the ref's nephew or something.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 02, 2013, 03:30:08 pm by hoolahoop »
Err, their centre back who was marking Paynter got booked for persistent fouling...

I think he's referring to #32 Kennedy, who never got booked.
In fact neither of their center backs got booked, according to sky sports:  http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/262996/teams
Kennedy was the worst offender. He committed more fouls than made clean tackles but somehow avoided a card every time- I'd just assumed he was the ref's nephew or something.

True I think he thought he was at Castle Park egg chasing. How he got away 'scot free' escapes me .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 02, 2013, 04:10:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We have our own cameras at games also (one on the south for example) maybe that caught it?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 02, 2013, 04:26:55 pm by donnievic »
Deano says he has seen it on video so it must have been caught on camera.
maybe it's on the clubs own camera rather then the tv one

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #34 on January 02, 2013, 08:48:10 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I hope the club are going to appeal it, disgraceful decision and ultimately cost us all 3 points!
it cost paynter an extra match if his appeal fails . Not worth the hassle , just get on with looking to fill his position for 3 games and not 4.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 02, 2013, 09:20:12 pm by IDM »
I hope the club are going to appeal it, disgraceful decision and ultimately cost us all 3 points!
it cost paynter an extra match if his appeal fails . Not worth the hassle , just get on with looking to fill his position for 3 games and not 4.

Not sure that would apply as this will be the club appealing, not the player himself.

Just in case, any news on Brown?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 02, 2013, 09:27:13 pm by Mr1Croft »
It was a straight red, he kicked him. Their player wrapped his leg around Paynter, trying to trip him and Paynter reacted by kicking him. It wouldn't surprise me if Wilson's orders was to go out in the second half and get under our skin and make our players react, if that is the case, it worked...

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 02, 2013, 09:43:58 pm by hoolahoop »
If that's the case Lee then Paynter got what he deserved , there was no need for that sort of foul in that part of the pitch.  :(

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 02, 2013, 09:50:16 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It was a straight red, he kicked him. Their player wrapped his leg around Paynter, trying to trip him and Paynter reacted by kicking him. It wouldn't surprise me if Wilson's orders was to go out in the second half and get under our skin and make our players react, if that is the case, it worked...

So the blunts player should have been yellow carded but as the ref was facing the other way for a lot of the incident he didnt see it and was to quick to judge without taking advice.
Bad decision without the full facts

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 02, 2013, 10:13:15 pm by hoolahoop »

So the blunts player should have been yellow carded but as the ref was facing the other way for a lot of the incident he didnt see it and was to quick to judge without taking advice.
It's called selective vision Daggers the man had it all game not so much deaf as a Coote but BLIND as a Coote.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 03, 2013, 12:35:09 am by Mr1Croft »

I agree, I thought at first both players would get a yellow with the ref not seeing anything (I doubt the other officials did either) but thinking back our crowd in the east stand reacted to the player wrapping his leg around Paynter, the ref probably turned around and saw the kick and jumped to conclusions.

Their keeper should have walked as well, and a number of their players for challenges all afternoon, we could go on all day. I wouldn't say the ref was biased, he gave us a lot of soft free kicks as well. As for the Sheffield United Corner which should have been a goal kick, and then 2 minutes later he gives a goal kick when it should have been a Sheff U corner. He was clueless all game and the lino on the West Stand must have looked at the ref before raising his flag every single time.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 03, 2013, 08:36:48 am by vaya »

I agree, I thought at first both players would get a yellow with the ref not seeing anything (I doubt the other officials did either) but thinking back our crowd in the east stand reacted to the player wrapping his leg around Paynter, the ref probably turned around and saw the kick and jumped to conclusions.

Their keeper should have walked as well, and a number of their players for challenges all afternoon, we could go on all day. I wouldn't say the ref was biased, he gave us a lot of soft free kicks as well. As for the Sheffield United Corner which should have been a goal kick, and then 2 minutes later he gives a goal kick when it should have been a Sheff U corner. He was clueless all game and the lino on the West Stand must have looked at the ref before raising his flag every single time.

Hopefully someone else will have seen this (or I'm going to sound like even more of a nutter than usual) ,but at one point said lino in front of the West stand appeared to be either texting or fiddling about with some other kind of device - he wasn't writing anything as both his thumbs were going on something, which went into his back pocket when he'd done.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 03, 2013, 08:48:12 am by uptonson »
Hopefully someone else will have seen this (or I'm going to sound like even more of a nutter than usual) ,but at one point said lino in front of the West stand appeared to be either texting or fiddling about with some other kind of device - he wasn't writing anything as both his thumbs were going on something, which went into his back pocket when he'd done.
[/quote]

That lino also went to Sheffield University and used to Referee in County Senior League !!!!!

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 03, 2013, 10:25:59 am by southwestexile »
i din't see the Paynter incident and mixed opinion on here doesn't help me but a seasoned pro shouldn't give the ref the opportunity to make such a call.  He was naive and I hope for his sake that he'd left before Rob Jones got into the dressing room.

I thought their keeper should've gone but looking at the replay you could argue that Cotts wasn't direct on goal and defenders were running to cover.  Shite but that'll be the interpretation all day long.

Their pen was from a blatant dive but Griffin was tugging his shirt seconds before.  Naive again.  Ref should've booked both players and given pen.

I thought they were cynical all match and should've picked up more bookings.  They were clueless for 75 mins but well spirted fightback.  Great game, except they're equaliser - I was sat right next to the utd fans, not nice.

Very encouraging for the rest of the season though, looks like we could have sorted out our home strategy (not using Keegan and Harper!).  And that's the most positive we've looked for ages.

Have to say that the Hume-Paynter partnership was sublime at times, particularly the breakaway chance.  Their keeper played a blinder too.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 03, 2013, 11:38:27 am by donnievic »
He changed his flag at sum point so maybe his buzzer wasn't working which is apparently wired upto the refs earpiece

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 03, 2013, 11:47:36 am by uptonson »
That happened at Preston, didn't see it on Tuesday.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 03, 2013, 11:49:36 am by DearneValleyRover »
The Paynter incident happened in front of me, Billy did kick out but away from their player, he was trying to release himself as both legs were trapping him. That said if the Ref saw him kick out from his vantage point I can understand the red card.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 03, 2013, 12:06:26 pm by donnievic »
That happened at Preston, didn't see it on Tuesday.
defo happened against Sheffield utd aswell

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 03, 2013, 01:20:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Rob Station just tweeted as no VT evidence Rovers not going to appeal

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 03, 2013, 01:27:50 pm by MrFrost »
Rob Station just tweeted as no VT evidence Rovers not going to appeal

Saunders said in his interview he had watched the DVD and saw the incident again.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 03, 2013, 01:46:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Probably nothing shows the full incident only part

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 03, 2013, 01:58:27 pm by glosterred »
Rovers will not be appealling his Red card

COYR

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 03, 2013, 08:47:29 pm by nice one rovers »
It says on Vital Football that we cannot find sufficient video evidence , so have decided not to appeal.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 03, 2013, 10:15:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
It says on Vital Football that we cannot find sufficient video evidence , so have decided not to appeal.

confirmed by Saunders in his colchester preview interview.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #54 on January 03, 2013, 11:31:41 pm by Rovin Reporter »
You can see on the reply that  he kicked out and ref saw him . Stupid after all he didn't retaliate all through the game and finally he blew , I hope gets a fine it cost the club points and we all know points mean ....promotion

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 03, 2013, 11:50:04 pm by bpoolrover »
We wont get promotion will we rovers are skint :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012