Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:06:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Obnoxious footballers  (Read 15848 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Obnoxious footballers
« on January 02, 2013, 05:47:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK we've probably had one or two ourselves playing for us, but which player (if any) would you draw the line at playing for Rovers.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:39:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Re: Obnoxious footballers
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2013, 05:49:52 pm by uptonson »
Kitson would never be welcome.  Bobby Hazell  :rtid:from Barnsley are the only 2 I can think off at this time.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2013, 05:54:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Joey Barton.

There are some footballers out there who have done some not very nice things, like Lee Hughes did, but at least he (and all the others I can think of) have been punished for them and seem to have learnt from the experience how to be decent people since.

Barton is just a **** who never learns and never changes, no matter how many times he whines that he has.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2013, 05:58:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Kitson comes close. Agree with Barton too, makes me ill that people seem to think he's some kind of modern day philosopher just because he mouths off about how TOWIE is shit on Twitter. I would draw the line if Westley was ever to become our manager, too.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2013, 07:08:19 pm by RedJ »
Kitson is the be all and end all of obnoxious footballers.

Barton is a bellend and never seems to learn but he, for me anyway, has never shown quite the level of arrogance, smugness and all round Kitsonishness of Kitson.

f**king hate Clinton Morrison too.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2013, 07:09:10 pm by mushRTID »
I found Richie Wellens an obnoxious bloke when I tried to say hello to him once.

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2013, 07:14:47 pm by northerncasual »
I think once any player puts on a rovers shirt no matter who he is he becomes accepted . Think of diouf

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2013, 07:42:44 pm by ravenrover »
Much as I detest Kitson for his performance against us for Portsmouth and was it Reading? if Mr Saunders announced that he had signed Kitson for DRFC I would love it as would everyone else. whatever they are when they play against Rovers, as soon as they pull on the red and white hoops they are one of ours JMHO

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2013, 08:36:29 pm by Donnywolf »
If we DID sign Kitson I would not attend any game he played in. He is an obnoxious apology for a "professional" footballer

The stamp on Jamie Coppinger on the centre spot for maybe Reading was dreadful. Sure some players do this kind of thing but not with the regularity shown by Kitson

He cheated several times during the Portsmouth game including doing a Maradonna for the equaliser and diving outside the box to get a Penalty aided and abetted by a spineless useless Referee. Kitson believes the Ref got all the major decisions right in that game **

I dont know him personally but I think as an example of a professional he is a cowardly cheat who IS the first to bleat when anyone ups him

* If he does sign for us ANYONE catching me at a Rovers game can claim a tenner a sighting. I simply would not come

** http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/kitson-reckons-under-fire-ref-got-decisions-spot-on-1-3738278

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2013, 08:42:31 pm by DC- »
We've had him, Diouf. He wasn't so bad. Kitty roaring in a megaphone.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2013, 10:30:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Barton and Kitson can't stand either cheating fecker. Barton would be my no.1  though despite what Kitson has done to us.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2013, 10:53:48 pm by BobG »
Diouf.

Even if he played relatively well whilst at the Rovers the mans' well publicised actions over the years more than outweigh his good points. i know he's a nice guy in private. But gozzing on people? Come on!

BobG

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 03, 2013, 11:21:51 pm by wilts rover »
Is that worse than Phil Maguire beating his wife up or David Roche dealing class A drugs (allegedly)?

DRFC, team of angels

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2013, 11:28:37 pm by Chris »
I agree with most of what has been said, particularly the comment about Graham Westley. In terms of managers, Steve Evans would top the list of bellends in my opinion.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 03, 2013, 11:49:44 pm by German Rover »
Is that worse than Phil Maguire beating his wife up or David Roche dealing class A drugs (allegedly)?

DRFC, team of angels

No allegedly about it

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2002/07/27/roche-s-drugs-ring-jailed-72703-12068770/

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2013, 12:55:34 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Marlon King is up there as well......

Not that he was too bad against us, but my Hull City mates would be screaming at me to say Paddy Kenny for top obnoxious goalkeeper.

England-wise, I have to go for Wayne Rooney. Never has someone shown such little appreciation towards the amazing support he receives, despite countless mistakes of judgement in the England shirt.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2013, 01:21:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Mark Wright (Chester manager) came across as a nasty piece of work.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2013, 01:28:13 pm by Chris Black come back »

DRFC, team of angels

No allegedly about it

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2002/07/27/roche-s-drugs-ring-jailed-72703-12068770/

Should be out by now. Worth a punt?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 04, 2013, 01:29:45 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

DRFC, team of angels

No allegedly about it

Great passer of a ball, great vision too & could put his foot in when required....

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2013, 03:24:46 pm by keepmoatman »
Martin Paterson for me, Burnley striker the way he celebrated in front of us at turf moor last season after  scoring really pissed  me off .
Dioufs a cnut an all except last season he was are cnut .  :)
Diouf wont be trying so hard now he has a contract at the bindippers , sub appearances from now onwards.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2013, 03:34:30 pm by MrFrost »
Didn't Micky Norbury murder his wife?

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2013, 04:06:30 pm by colin cramb »
steve evans as manager or lee hughes, lovely chaps

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2013, 04:10:27 pm by StocktonRover »
Didn't Micky Norbury murder his wife?
Nope - manslaughter - he never meant it......

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2013, 04:12:51 pm by StocktonRover »

DRFC, team of angels

No allegedly about it

Seem to remember something about him getting shot in the knees or legs?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 04, 2013, 04:30:33 pm by German Rover »

DRFC, team of angels

No allegedly about it

Seem to remember something about him getting shot in the knees or legs?
I think he got stabbed in the leg at a funeral up home after being told not to go back, he'd gone Southend by then mind. Seems like he had all the talent in the world but couldn't get away from bad influences in newcastle

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 04, 2013, 10:23:29 pm by BobG »
I have a memory - which may not be right - that that attack on his leg pretty well finished his footy career. A shame. He was a damn goof player. And he was part of one of the two best Rovers midfields I've ever watched.  Brabin, Roche and Parrish. A real quality midfield those three. Cue me rabbiting on about Exeter away about '94 or thereabouts............

Cheers

BobG

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2013, 11:20:44 pm by wilts rover »
Which I find quite strange Bob. You castigate Diouf for spitting on someone - yet Roche is a hero? That;s this bloke.......

The court heard that Lumsden himself had been a victim of an unprovoked machete attack years earlier when he was stabbed in the leg by former Newcastle United player David Roche.

The midfielder was jailed for four years for knifing Lumsden in Newcastle's Circus Circus bar in 1995.

Roche and his friend Brian Tait were each wielding sawn-off shotguns and machete-type knives when they and friend John Wheatley attacked Lumsden after being barred from Madison's nightclub. Tait, then of Albert Close, Heaton, was jailed for four years, nine months, and Wheatley, then of Carville Rise, Byker, for four years, three months.

Defence solicitor Jamie Hill, said co-accused Roche, who Vickers and Iveson referred to as `The Big Man' had fallen into a life of crime after his football career ended up `on the scrapheap'.

The former midfielder, of the Avenue, Wallsend, made his debut for Newcastle United against Arsenal in 1989 and made 36 first team appearances before being transferred to Doncaster Rovers and then Southend United.

But his promising career was wrecked in 1996 when he was jailed for four years for his part in a knife attack on a city pub doorman outside a Newcastle bar.

Roche, who was also shot in the leg in a gun ambush at a funeral wake, was convicted by a jury of wounding with intent and violent disorder and later lost his appeal against his sentence.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2002/07/27/roche-s-drugs-ring-jailed-72703-12068770/#ixzz2H3H8qG9h

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 04, 2013, 11:22:42 pm by BobG »
Lol! I never said I liked him. I said he was a good footy player. As is Djouf.

Bob
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:24:56 pm by BobG »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 04, 2013, 11:22:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
I have a memory - which may not be right - that that attack on his leg pretty well finished his footy career. A shame. He was a damn goof player. And he was part of one of the two best Rovers midfields I've ever watched.  Brabin, Roche and Parrish. A real quality midfield those three. Cue me rabbiting on about Exeter away about '94 or thereabouts............

Cheers

BobG

Jamie Lawrence on one wing, Andy Turner on the other. Powerful team, very powerful.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 04, 2013, 11:41:16 pm by JonWallsend »

Cheers

BobG

Jamie Lawrence on one wing, Andy Turner on the other. Powerful team, very powerful.

Jamie Lawrence another player with previous, armed robbery, I believe.
It's the term obnoxious that is difficult, while Lawrence, Roache and Norbury have all committed serious crimes, they are not necessarily as obnoxious as Diouf, Kitson and Mark Wright.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012