Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:07:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A bit of an update from the Keepmoat  (Read 6319 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
A bit of an update from the Keepmoat
« on January 02, 2013, 06:37:38 pm by silent majority »
After the festivities a bit of a summary from the club;

• Really pleased with the haul of 7 from 9
  • The players were all talking about the atmosphere on New Years Day, how it felt like a cup final. Desperately disappointed that we didn't take the 3 points after dominating the game
  • The club are hoping that this will wet the appetite and that those who came yesterday will return again
  • Looking forward to this weekend coming and a good win will take us to the top of the table
  • Player problems seem to be almost sorted. Paul Mayfield will be taking over the commentary with a.n. other for a while
  • The club have been giving advice to Coventry City on reducing their rent at their stadium, although we are rivals it doesn't do any harm to help out a fellow football club
  • Transfer rumours abound but there is still along way to go before any signatures are put to contracts. We will be the first to know though
  • The Rovers programme received runners up spot for design in the Programme Monthly award for Programme of the Year. Everybody is well pleased with that news!
  • All looking forward to the 'Fans Forum' next week

Oh, and a Happy New Year to all!!
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:44:45 pm by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
    Re: A bit of an update from the Keepmoat
    « Reply #1 on January 02, 2013, 06:51:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
    Thanks Martin.

I'm sure we echo that in terms of attracting more on a regular basis and it's good to know it's acknowledged by the club officials and players.

This is the first big game we've had whilst in control of the stadium. Are the club in a position to say what effect it has had on income? (Without saying pounds and pence, what percentage has income gone up for instance)

On the transfer front, Deano inferred that at least one player might sign sooner rather than later. Can you add any more about this?

deebee

• Forum Member
    « Reply #2 on January 02, 2013, 06:56:53 pm by deebee »
    I would like to add my congratulations to Steve Uttley on the programme. He often gets slated on here but I can tell you that man works tirelessly for this club and its fans and does not get the recognition he deserves.

RedJ

• Forum Member
    « Reply #3 on January 02, 2013, 07:02:34 pm by RedJ »
    Do you need tickets again for the fans forum?
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:09:33 pm by RedJ »

deebee

• Forum Member
    « Reply #4 on January 02, 2013, 07:08:25 pm by deebee »
    Yes you can get them from the ticket office.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
    « Reply #5 on January 02, 2013, 07:18:16 pm by Jonathan »
    As someone that has found it difficult to recover from the events of last season, the game on New Year's Day reignited something in me that had gone missing. It's the most I've enjoyed a game for a good one and a half years.

The atmosphere was good, the performance was excellent and we played some great football. Saunders deserves a lot of credit for putting this team together in difficult circumstances. Based on last season I didn't believe he could do it but he absolutely has. I just hope he gets the backing to add the reinforcements we need to finish the job this season. So much rests on keeping Jones, Cotterill and Hume fit. When Hume had to go off that's where we lost the 2 points. There were no options left on the bench other than to change the shape of the team. We need a bit more depth.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
    « Reply #6 on January 02, 2013, 07:19:28 pm by Draytonian III »
    Paul going to be doing Rovers Player,what,s happened to Tom ?

pubteam

« Reply #7 on January 02, 2013, 07:26:37 pm by pubteam »
    Anybody know why Paul Goodwin isn't still doing RP commentary?

silent majority

• VSC Member
    « Reply #8 on January 02, 2013, 07:54:55 pm by silent majority »
    As far as Rovers Player is concerned its the good folk on here who have helped iron out the difficulties, some way still to go but the 'silences' should disappear.

Paul Goodwin is reporting for 'The Star' so he can't do it and Tom's buggering off to Australia, selfish so and so!    ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
    « Reply #9 on January 02, 2013, 07:58:16 pm by silent majority »
    Thanks Martin.

I'm sure we echo that in terms of attracting more on a regular basis and it's good to know it's acknowledged by the club officials and players.

This is the first big game we've had whilst in control of the stadium. Are the club in a position to say what effect it has had on income? (Without saying pounds and pence, what percentage has income gone up for instance)

On the transfer front, Deano inferred that at least one player might sign sooner rather than later. Can you add any more about this?

Baz,

I can ask those questions for you. Judging by the queues in the Belle Vue Bar and the concourse areas at half time I would suggest they did very well. I did comment to the club that I though the queues were far too long but apparently I'm the only one to mention it! I must be getting grumpier!!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
    « Reply #10 on January 02, 2013, 08:04:55 pm by Draytonian III »
    Who is going to do the commentary with Paul Mayfield ? Because he will need somebody to keep him calm.  :scarf: :woohoo: :scarf: ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
    « Reply #11 on January 02, 2013, 10:25:27 pm by hoolahoop »
    Who is going to do the commentary with Paul Mayfield ? Because he will need somebody to keep him calm.  :scarf: :woohoo: :scarf: ;)

No-one can do that job or would want to, Paul's enthousiasm is infectious  :lol:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
    « Reply #12 on January 02, 2013, 10:32:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
    I can ask those questions for you. Judging by the queues in the Belle Vue Bar and the concourse areas at half time I would suggest they did very well. I did comment to the club that I though the queues were far too long but apparently I'm the only one to mention it! I must be getting grumpier!!

Not sure if I brought it up with Shaun or just via you that certainly on the West Side the queues for tea/coffee/pies block people wanting to get too and from the bogs and I thing would benefit from a zig-zag queue like the queue for the ale.

Funnily enough one of my mates went to the 'Fast Bottle Bars' emblazoned with the sign above it, and when he got there he was told he have to join the normal queue !!

Perhaps we need another interim questionnaire with specific questions about these issues although it may be all change again once Spotless get in there?

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
    « Reply #13 on January 02, 2013, 11:22:11 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
    Martin, just a quick question on the Belle Vue Bar. It's the first time I have been in for ages and as you said, the queues were massive. We were meeting others in there but it was too full to see them so I just joined the queue with my 9 y.o. daughter.

I was somewhat dismayed to be told when i got to the far end of the barriers that she couldn't queue with me and would 'have to wait there'. Ok, she was with the lady steward, but it took me a good 10-15 mins to get served and for most of the queue I couldn't even see her.

Surely a 9 year old isn't going to sneak up to the bar and order a pint; ok there may well be a rule about not being allowed up to the bar so put the steward at the other end of the queue and let her wait there for 1 minute instead of 15.

Admittedly, there may not be such an issue at a quieter game, but I'm afraid the Cheswold is probably going to get my custom in future.

Any thoughts?

godlike1

• Forum Member
    « Reply #14 on January 02, 2013, 11:29:07 pm by godlike1 »
    I can't make the fans forum next week but would certainly have bought up the comment about queues. I was in the south stand and went at 1/2 time and the queue was redidulous. If I had not been with my nephew who wanted something to eat I would have said bugger it and not bothered.

It took ages for it to go down and seemed there were only 2 people serving with 2 long queues and I ended up in missing the couple of chances we had at the beginning of the 2nd half so if they had gone in I would not have been a happy bunny.

It is a risk of lost revenue from new customers and even existing even though i do know about the changes afoot with the catering and that it will take time to implement. i certainly think it needs seriously taken into account with the new set up. Is this also when the roaming people will be starting as well? I think this will help ESP if they are in the stands during the game so you don't have to go inside if you don't want to?

Other than that, a couple of positives was that the ticket office service was good, although I made sure I got there early enough so don't know if that helped? The prewarning about no bus services helped me know how to get too and from the game And I also thought it was a good atmosphere. I don't know why people like to pick at it all the time as I thought he united fans were quite loud until we went ahead and that we got the chanting going even more once we had the 2nd goal. I couldn't hear what noise the west or east stand made as I was near the drummer at the back of the south stand so I'm just getting my hearing back

Oh and finally, while I think the comment slips around the stadium are good, they only seem to want comments when someone has provided a good service. Would it not be a idea for allowing for some bad feedback as well? (apologies if there is and ive missed it) I know we have the vsc and some people could abuse it, but we have it at work and it helps both feed into the crm database and both identify and rectify any issues very quickly. Just an idea.

Nearly forgot, the ref was a homer,I thought the lads played very well and deserved to win, but if we'd been more clinical what happened in the last 10mins would not have mattered as we would have Been out of sight by then. Something for deano to work on with the lads, however here is no doubt that he and the team need a pat on the back for how well they have progressed this season and that keeping it up will mean thy get their just rewards eventually

Filo

• VSC Member
    « Reply #15 on January 02, 2013, 11:39:43 pm by Filo »

Nearly forgot, the ref was a homer,

He was n`t a very good homer, or the Blades Keeper would have walked, their penalty would n`t have been given and Paynter would n`t have been sent off!

not only was he a shit ref, he was a shit homer as well!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
    « Reply #16 on January 03, 2013, 12:16:57 am by RoversAlias »

Nearly forgot, the ref was a homer,

He was n`t a very good homer, or the Blades Keeper would have walked, their penalty would n`t have been given and Paynter would n`t have been sent off!

not only was he a shit ref, he was a shit homer as well!

Having seen the highlights the keeper was rightfully kept on the pitch, but the other two decisions I can't say I agree with the referee on. Certainly not a homer at any rate!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
    « Reply #17 on January 03, 2013, 08:57:05 am by Glyn_Wigley »
    Not sure if I brought it up with Shaun or just via you that certainly on the West Side the queues for tea/coffee/pies block people wanting to get too and from the bogs and I thing would benefit from a zig-zag queue like the queue for the ale. 

As someone who has to use a stick, the concourses can be a bloody nightmare at times with people just standing around, whether in queues, clumped to watch the tellies or just standing in groups - all, of course, showing no regard for anybody just trying to get somewhere.

What I'd like to see is marked areas on the floor that are 'No standing' areas. If you want to congregate in the concourses, fine, but keep out of these designated areas, which should be kept clear for people actually moving about...what do you think?

silent majority

• VSC Member
    « Reply #18 on January 03, 2013, 09:42:48 am by silent majority »
    Mighty Brian Rowe/Godlike,

I agree with you both and you make some very valid points. I've already taken this up with the club and will also raise the questions at the forum next week and see if we can make some positive changes. The refusal to allow children in the beer queue is a ridiculous constraint which was imposed when the drinks licence was renewed (or whatever!) and having paid bouncers is an obvious waste of money and a strange way to treat your customers. I notice there aren't similar constraints in the hospitality areas!

I'll get back to you both with answers.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
    « Reply #19 on January 03, 2013, 10:10:13 am by roversontheup »
    In added on time I was sat down near the bottom of the east stand near the half way line. A man and his wheelchair bound wife were sat on the first row. They were in cat A seats and next to one of the exit tunnels.  Lots of people congregated by the tunnel ready for a quick get away on the final whistle. I doubt anyone in first 3 rows of seats could see the south goal because of these people. The man tried to get e few to move so he and his wife could see the match.  Unfortunately a couple of them were very abusive to him and acted like complete morons.
    There were two stewards less than 5 feet away from where this was happening and they did absolutely nothing. It was disgraceful!
    It needs raising with the club.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
    « Reply #20 on January 03, 2013, 07:30:15 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
    Thanks Martin. Fingers crossed.

Chris.

eastender

• VSC Member
    « Reply #21 on January 03, 2013, 07:58:49 pm by eastender »

I was in the south stand and went at 1/2 time and the queue was ridiculous . 
    It took ages for it to go down and seemed there were only 2 people serving with too long a queues,
    It is a risk of lost revenue from new customers and even existing ones.

Ditto this for the Eaststand.

silent majority

• VSC Member
    « Reply #22 on January 03, 2013, 08:08:44 pm by silent majority »
    Mighty Brian Rowe/Godlike,

Well I have answers for you both. Firstly the club were at pains to point out that it was New Years Day and that some of the regular staff had no way of getting in to work, plus some staff had decided not to work (their choice) despite the fact that the rewards were in place. They had managed to recruit staff from other grounds who, although experienced, still had to get used to different food and menus etc. It was all hands to the pumps and the effort was made to make everybody's match day a good one. Apart from me there were no real complaints about the service! The new kiosk set up, and alterations in the Belle Vue Bar should all start to take effect soon and will enhance the operation. Much more will be revealed on Monday at the Fans Forum!!

And for you MBR, the club will ask the SIA people to be more tolerant when faced with your type of situation, I'm sure a little discretion will be appreciated in those circumstances.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
    « Reply #23 on January 03, 2013, 08:52:25 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
    Thanks for that Martin.

To be fair, the lady in question was perfectly polite and pleasant. She did say it wasn't her and that she was "only following orders.." I'll leave it there I think  :ermm:

BobG

• VSC Member
    « Reply #24 on January 03, 2013, 10:21:37 pm by BobG »
    ah ha!! The last refuge of the scoundrel! Himmler and Heydrich were ok then?

Lol

I know. i know. She could have lost her job.... But what a sad world we live in these days when the exercise of a teeny little bit of initiative can cost you your job.

BobG

godlike1

• Forum Member
    « Reply #25 on January 03, 2013, 11:48:24 pm by godlike1 »
    Thanks for looking into it Martin

I think and hope the club see these as good natured comments rather than complaints. It's more a case of wanting to help them get better where we can to make it an even better experience for us and any other new fans

Ill admit I'm just impatient to see all the new catering facilities completed and an end to the old days of queuing to get served by a spotty badly dressed kid who doesn't really care to one I'm guessing/ hoping who will look smart interrested and buy into the culture and new image

silent majority

• VSC Member
    « Reply #26 on January 04, 2013, 09:30:58 am by silent majority »
    godlike1,

Thanks, but yes that's exactly the point, its not a stick to beat them with but a chance for us to get our points across. That's exactly why the IRWT campaign has been a success, it's a partnership between the VSC and DRFC.

And for those who are interested the country's leading 'fan engagement' guy will be at the Fans Forum on Monday night.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
    « Reply #27 on January 04, 2013, 11:48:24 am by hoolahoop »
    godlike1,

Thanks, but yes that's exactly the point, its not a stick to beat them with but a chance for us to get our points across. That's exactly why the IRWT campaign has been a success, it's a partnership between the VSC and DRFC.

And for those who are interested the country's leading 'fan engagement' guy will be at the Fans Forum on Monday night.

Will he be buying everyone a pint..........that will get our attention ;)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
    « Reply #28 on January 05, 2013, 08:59:35 am by Northants Nomad »

I know. i know. She could have lost her job.... But what a sad world we live in these days when the exercise of a teeny little bit of initiative can cost you your job.

Sadly Bob, I feel the people of the world have to take the blame. A key problem with our world today is that people refuse to take personal responsibility. When things go wrong, they want someone to blame, often looking for a quick buck. A whole industry of nanny-statism has built up to try to work around this lack of common sense. We should have a world where the state/courts etc say "no, you were stupid, you cannot have £xxxxx pounds as compensation". Then this lady might be more empowered to use her own common sense because her employers won't feel quite so compelled to be over-zealous in their self-protection.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
    « Reply #29 on January 05, 2013, 12:36:07 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Sadly Bob, I feel the people of the world have to take the blame. A key problem with our world today is that people refuse to take personal responsibility. When things go wrong, they want someone to blame, often looking for a quick buck. A whole industry of nanny-statism has built up to try to work around this lack of common sense. We should have a world where the state/courts etc say "no, you were stupid, you cannot have £xxxxx pounds as compensation". Then this lady might be more empowered to use her own common sense because her employers won't feel quite so compelled to be over-zealous in their self-protection.

Top post.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012