Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:19:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He's so bad he played for Doncaster!  (Read 2905 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
He's so bad he played for Doncaster!
« on January 03, 2013, 12:18:36 am by RoversAlias »
Didn't appreciate this quip from Steve Wilson tonight on Match of the Day, said with such incredulous tone in his voice.

"Matt Kilgallon - he was once so out of favour here he was loaned to Doncaster!"

He then proceeded to call him 'Kilgannon' for the rest of the match as well. Spoken like a true big team fan. I wouldn't mind but he was loaned to us when we were a top half Championship side and he couldn't even get in the team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: He's so bad he played for Doncaster!
« Reply #1 on January 03, 2013, 02:29:26 am by RedJ »
f**k me he didn't half sound patronising. Spat my f**king tea out when he said that, toss pot.

I noticed the pronunciation too - was wondering if it was just his voice but apparently not.

Cock of the highest order.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 03, 2013, 11:22:46 am by Donnybax »
He did the same when Newcastle came down.... Instead of playing at Manchester united and arsenal it's Doncaster and Peterborough for Newcastle. bas**rd.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 03, 2013, 12:56:13 pm by MrFrost »
Is he on Twitter?

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 03, 2013, 01:09:22 pm by Bald Rover »
@pn_steve_wilson

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 03, 2013, 01:11:43 pm by RedJ »
Although perhaps I should point out, in his defence, that he said he was loaned out due to being so out of favour rather than actually being shit. Hume was out of favour at Preston - he's far from shit.

Still, bloody ridiculous.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 03, 2013, 01:24:53 pm by Northants Nomad »
It's OK guys, calm down. Steve Wilson has no mind of his own so if you need to attack someone, you need to find who REALLY made the "Kilgallon was so out of favour..." comment. If you don't know what I am talking about...Steve Wilson's own Twitter account (if that is really him) says "Any views expressed are probably nicked from someone else" - by his own admission, he is not capable of forming his own opinions.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 03, 2013, 01:27:40 pm by The L J Monk »
Unfortunately, that Twitter account is not the Steve Wilson who works for the BBC.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 03, 2013, 02:50:44 pm by RoversAlias »
I did a quick search and it doesn't appear he's on Twitter. I tweeted to the official MotD feed but obviously got no reply.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 03, 2013, 03:27:52 pm by Scooter »
It's not very often I watch MOTD although I will when Rovers are in the Prem. Just out of interest who is Steve Wilson?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 03, 2013, 03:29:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It's not very often I watch MOTD although I will when Rovers are in the Prem. Just out of interest who is Steve Wilson?

I'm with you there Scooter. Anyway, I think they mean Bob Wilson

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 03, 2013, 05:24:01 pm by hoolahoop »
I couldn't believe I had heard that remark either, didn't we send him back because he didn't meet the standards here ? There seems to be little improvement since then either.  :mad:

pubteam

« Reply #12 on January 03, 2013, 08:09:21 pm by pubteam »
I can't believe somebody is actually tweeting some random Portsmouth journalist thinking it's the BBC's Steve Wilson.  :facepalm:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 03, 2013, 08:41:44 pm by wilts rover »

He is one of the top prog producer/musicians in the country. His main band is Porcupine Tree but he has several other collabarative projects on the go too, No-Man being a good one. In the past couple of years he has produced the excellent 5.1 surround remixes of King Crimson back catalogue, Jethro Tull's Aqualung and TAAB2, Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan etc. I notice Caravan are touring For Girls... this month so wonder if he is involved in the 40th anniversary reissue of that.......whatdyemean not that Steve Wilson either.....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 04, 2013, 12:54:11 am by RoversAlias »

Long-standing BBC commentator, he is if memory serves a Liverpool fan as I'm sure he was caught up in th Hillsborough disaster. Seem to remember him discussing it on Football Focus not long back.

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2013, 03:21:12 am by Hag »
One of the best titled threads ever for me.

But the rest leaves a lot to be desired!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2013, 01:20:41 pm by Scooter »

Long-standing BBC commentator, he is if memory serves a Liverpool fan as I'm sure he was caught up in th Hillsborough disaster. Seem to remember him discussing it on Football Focus not long back.

Thanks for clearing that up

carlislerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2013, 02:03:03 pm by carlislerover »
Heard that comment too - outrageous, but then that's what they are paid for.....to talk Bo££0cx !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012