Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:01:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MK dons home programme  (Read 1298 times)

northerncasual

• Forum Member
MK dons home programme
« on January 04, 2013, 06:38:23 pm by northerncasual »
Nice to see club having interest of ordinary fans at heart. Those that collect programmes anyway. Only available to highest bidders on eBay !!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: MK dons home programme
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2013, 06:58:19 pm by Donnywolf »
I dont know about that but ...

I went to Annan Athetics first ever night game in mid Febuary a couple of years ago. I bought a Prog for a quid and was reading it in their (brilliant) Clubhouse

They and their opponents were squabling for the play off spots in Div 3 but in the Prog they were both Mid Table. The Manager started his comments with Hi - and first things first "Happy Hogmanay" to all our fans. That one really foxed me - so I looked at the date on the cover and it was January 2 ....

.... that game was was frozen off so they just kept the Progs and got them out again 6 weeks later and silly f******s like me just coughed up a quid for a way out of date prog

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 04, 2013, 07:01:11 pm by northerncasual »
Rovers used to do this in the past , sometimes just inserting a team sheet with updated table.
They have also sold copies of a postponed game to collectors. They are destroying most of the copies , selling just a few on eBay.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 04, 2013, 07:04:31 pm by RedJ »
Genius idea. They just need to master the art of bidding against themselves now to drive up prices. :laugh:

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 04, 2013, 07:09:35 pm by northerncasual »
That's easily done tho, I'm sure the club was selling READING at home programmes for £15 last season.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2013, 07:13:42 pm by StocktonRover »
I must be missing something here, people wont pay a fortune for these 3 programmes but if the club kept say 200 and put them in the club shop at face value, they would probably sell them all and raise far more than these will raise on e-bay.
Furthermore - are you assuming that its the club selling them or is it perhaps someone outside of the club who managed to snaffle 3 copies somehow?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2013, 07:22:15 pm by StocktonRover »
That's easily done tho, I'm sure the club was selling READING at home programmes for £15 last season.
In the 2010/11 season, the game on 28th Dec against Ipswich was postponed, at the next home game the club gave the ipswich programme free to anyone who wanted it.

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2013, 07:41:27 pm by northerncasual »
Yeah it's under name of rovers auctions , they are copying the dons. They set up an eBay account and sell off players match shirts

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2013, 08:04:42 pm by yapper1901 »
Just go into club shop I was in there other day and they were selling them for £2

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2013, 11:07:51 pm by yapper1901 »
Yeah it's under name of rovers auctions , they are copying the dons. They set up an eBay account and sell off players match shirts

also they been selling off the office furniture aswell

i guess the age old saying every little helps

TinyPortal © 2005-2012