Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Muzzy  (Read 1600 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Muzzy
« on January 05, 2013, 01:05:36 am by RobTheRover »
Just catching up on tonight's footy, Walsall v Pompey.  Muzzy has been absolutely terrible for Pompey, and caught napping for the 2 goals Walsall have scored so far (62 mins in).

I never subscribed to the "he's better going forward, cant defend for toffee" view a number had of him, but I'm beginning to understand where they were coming from.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Muzzy
« Reply #1 on January 05, 2013, 08:46:20 am by GazLaz »
He's not a football league right back. I can't understand why people thought he was good. He was quick and direct but horrific all round footballer.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 08:54:13 am by Northants Nomad »

I never subscribed to the "he's better going forward, cant defend for toffee" view a number had of him, but I'm beginning to understand where they were coming from.

Sadly, I did subscribe to that view. I thought his speed often got him out of jail...either that or his fellow defenders. He was often out of position and had to scamper back into position. I wanted him to succeed because he seemed a nice bloke but I always felt his level was some steps below the Championship, and that's what seems to be coming to pass.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2013, 08:59:27 am by Chris Black come back »
Did Baxendale play?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 05, 2013, 10:01:47 am by Filo »
He did have something about him, or he would n`t have had Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair in his back pocket in that game against Swansea, sadly he did n`t produce that kind of display often

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 05, 2013, 10:09:37 am by roverstillidie91 »
His attempts to play offside, especially the 2nd goal was truly amateurish

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 05, 2013, 10:13:40 am by adge »
baxendale played the last 15 mins. a lot of running and covering plus a couple of very wild shots
the contest was all but over when he came on
pompey are doomed on that show

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 05, 2013, 10:59:02 am by RobTheRover »
Agree with all that Adge.

Chambo had a good game (in midfield,  no less) and it was good to see ROK barking the orders out from the sideline

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 05, 2013, 11:19:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He was ok  against players like Dyer who were pure pace, but against someone with a bit of ability about them he got found wanting far too often.  But I liked him purely because he worked hard and did his very best and we always have to praise that.  Never a Championship standard player consistently but I've seen worse.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 05, 2013, 11:28:35 am by NickDRFC »
If you think Dyer is pure pace I suggest you watch him play on Match of the Day! He has been outstanding this year!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012