Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:01:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Minor point about Copps  (Read 1350 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Minor point about Copps
« on January 05, 2013, 12:04:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think he is up before the beak later this month. Hopefully all cleared up early. This is what he said when he got charged in October:

Coppinger, 31, is currently on loan at Forest from League One side Doncaster Rovers.
In a statement issued on Forest's website,  he added: "I can confirm that I have never done anything which brings Doncaster Rovers, Nottingham Forest, myself or my family into disrepute. I will welcome the hearing in January to totally clear my name."

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike H

• VSC Member
Re: Minor point about Copps
« Reply #1 on January 05, 2013, 02:50:20 pm by Mike H »
No police charges as yet - it's the British Horseracing Authority that's conducting the investigation - although the following does indicate that the police are being kept informed.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Nottingham-Forest-s-James-Coppinger-charged/story-17034084-detail/story.html
Nottingham Forest's James Coppinger charged in connection with race fixing
Thursday, October 04, 2012
Nottingham Forest midfielder James Coppinger has been charged in connection with race fixing by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA).
The 31-year-old, currently on loan from Doncaster, could face a lengthy ban from the sport if convicted, including a ban from racetracks or talking to licensed individuals.
The charges allege that Coppinger and two other footballers - including another former Forest player Michael Chopra - conspired together to fix races by placing bets on a horse ridden by jockey Andrew Heffernan.
The horses and races involved were Wanchai Whisperer in the 3.25pm at Lingfield on January 28, 2011, Gallantry in the 7.20pm at Kempton on February 2, 2011 and Silver Guest in the 1.55pm at Lingfield on February 9, 2011.
Heffernan is also charged in connection with the alleged incidents.
Paul Scotney, the BHA’s integrity, compliance and licensing director, said: “The charges BHA has issued are the result of a long and complicated investigation. This process has taken significant time and resources.
“However, investigations such as these are very similar to fraud investigations and as such are complex and time consuming.
“We hope that the announcement demonstrates our commitment to deterring and detecting wrong-doing and taking action against those who we believe to have breached the rules.
“However, racegoers and those betting on British Racing should be reassured that instances of this nature are extremely rare and that the overwhelming majority of races are free of suspicion.”
It is understood the police have been kept informed of the BHA’s investigation but no criminal charges have been announced.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Minor point about Copps
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 02:51:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good point. Not criminal, just BHA at this stage.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012