Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:34:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Emile Sinclair  (Read 7464 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Emile Sinclair
« Reply #30 on January 05, 2013, 07:34:10 pm by MachoMadness »
There is something very satisfying in watching a striker lope around, apparently doing f**k all, and then having him pop up in 5 yards of space after a seemingly lucky bobble to stick one away. Paul Heffernan was the master at this. Reminds you that, as a fan, you only ever know half the story.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 05, 2013, 07:37:20 pm by RedJ »
I'm sure those moaning knew how their workmates did on their first day too?

As for running all over, sharp didn't do that and he was good. Strikers tend to look rubbish without good service. I mean cotterill did nothing at all until he scored....

I doubt Paul Barnes ever chased back 40 yards in his whole career!

Wash your keyboard out. Paul Barnes was the worlds foremost exponent of "conserving energy". In fact, I think he came up with the idea so he could finish a match with just enough energy to sprint to the burger van before they shut.

Did we have Barney when we had them Leger Mobility shirts?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 05, 2013, 07:43:21 pm by MachoMadness »
Yeah, that was the season we went up, so I think it was. Quite fitting when you think about it! Although, I still have mine, and that one definitely isn't quite fitting me anymore.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 05, 2013, 07:44:35 pm by RedJ »
Yeah, that was the season we went up, so I think it was. Quite fitting when you think about it! Although, I still have mine, and that one definitely isn't quite fitting me anymore.

Form fitting for Barney, definitely. I'm so gad he did wear that shirt, for the sake of irony alone. :laugh:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 05, 2013, 07:54:15 pm by The Red Baron »
He doesn't strike me as the kind of striker who is at his best knocking down long punts from the back or playing with his back to goal. I'll reserve judgment on him until we start playing to his strengths.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 05, 2013, 08:19:17 pm by Al4475 »
They were my thoughts too TRB.

I think there was enough from his control, turn and strike in the first half that flashed wide to suggest if we play to his strengths h could be an asset.

On the whole in the first half I thought he and Humey played too far apart to get anything going, in the second they closed up a bit and began to make a few more (half) chances for each other.

Give it time with this one I think.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 05, 2013, 08:42:59 pm by ravenrover »
It does make you wonder why Peterborough, of all teams, are prepared to let him come out on loan!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 05, 2013, 08:43:44 pm by jonnydog »
Breaking a curfew

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 05, 2013, 08:47:43 pm by Scooter »
A bloke sat next to me wanted him off after 15minutes and i was desperate for Emile to prove him wrong, unfortunately I thought he was gash. Fortunately i don't think he will get any worse. When he gets to know the players and the system he might be good.

Why didn't he shoot in the box in the second half when played through instead of stopping and turning into trouble?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 05, 2013, 09:25:22 pm by IDM »
The ball didn't sit right for a shot, and the defender got back.  He tried an overhead kick too, and got out a decent shot in the first half.  Give him time to fit in with the team, he'll soon learn we want grafters.

Peterborough transfer listed 4 players a while back for some misdemeanour.  He can score at Championship level, a hat trick at Hull this season I believe?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 05, 2013, 09:34:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They were my thoughts too TRB.

I think there was enough from his control, turn and strike in the first half that flashed wide to suggest if we play to his strengths h could be an asset.

On the whole in the first half I thought he and Humey played too far apart to get anything going, in the second they closed up a bit and began to make a few more (half) chances for each other.

Give it time with this one I think.

He spent most of the first half so isolated that I thought his name was Email - he'd have needed that to communicate with the rest of the team.

I agree though that there were a couple of interesting touches. I thought he did very well to win a challenge in the box at the start of the second half that led to a blocked shot for Hume. And he clearly has pace. If we can get someone to look to feed in balls behind the centre backs for him to run onto, there might be summat there.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 05, 2013, 11:28:52 pm by JonWallsend »
Adrian Durham, who admittedly spouts some rubbish on Talksport but is a huge Posh fan reckons he's the worst player they have ever had. I doubt, given the competition from the years, that he would take that title here but as others have said he needs to improve on that performance.
Another that I'll reserve judgement on.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 06, 2013, 12:43:03 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Don't know a great deal about him but,when i've seen bits of him here and there,he's always struck me as a similar player to Ebanks Blake at Wolves,he's pretty strong,a bit of pace,and like the player mentioned,on his day a right handful.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 06, 2013, 07:31:45 am by Mr1Croft »
Remember Jay Emmanual Thomas anyone? I remember his debut (albeit from the bench) against Crystal Palace at home and the only thing he did was a couple of step overs from the byline to the egde of the box and then got dispossessed with ease.

The following week he and Billy played off one and other magnificently and we stormed to a 5-2 victory at Ashton Gate, a game where JET should have got 3 at least.

He shouldn't have started today, we may have needed 2 up-front but it was too risky. One negative I will say however is when they passed back to their keeper and we had 2 strikers on we never tried to run at the keeper to force him into getting rid of it quickly/makes an error/ block his clearence. But as soon as Sinclair went off Hume started doing that which meant when the midfield won it back he was offside.

Looking forward to next week...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 06, 2013, 09:27:11 am by Barmby Rover »
Just making the point however bad he ended up, it was still much better than on his debut.

I get them all mixed up to be honest, there were so many. Are we talking about the big tall lanky bloke? Ran like he had rickets?

Sounds just like an afro goal machine the first match he was with us, give the lad time and the team will find out where he fits in and what he can and can't do.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 06, 2013, 11:30:12 am by Donnybax »
Did Afro goal machine not score 2 in his first game for us?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 06, 2013, 11:33:20 am by IDM »
He scored 2 in the 2-0 win over Barnsley at BV - was that his debut?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 06, 2013, 11:42:03 am by DonnyOsmond »
Home debut. He didn't score on his debut, I don't think.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 06, 2013, 12:53:36 pm by IDM »
Can anyone with Player report what Sinclair said after the game?

pubteam

« Reply #49 on January 06, 2013, 12:57:15 pm by pubteam »
Can anyone with Player report what Sinclair said after the game?

Pleased to be here. Wants to score some goals and help get promotion. Didn't work out for him at Barnsley. Rovers have a lot of quality and are probably a Championship side. Team spirit excellent. And he's from Leeds so it's an ideal move for him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 06, 2013, 12:57:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
More or less, said glad to be here. Arrived at 10am, no chance to get to know anyone. He's not fit and said he was blowing into second half but in two weeks we should see his power and pace and get to know how we play.

Came across quite jovial and said the lads are a great bunch and they were singing in the dressing room before and after the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 06, 2013, 10:16:04 pm by IDM »
Thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012