Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:50:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Betting opportunity  (Read 912 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Betting opportunity
« on January 05, 2013, 09:30:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Might be tempting fate, but you can 9/1 against the Rovers winning the title this season.

That is crazy odds. 6th favourites behind
Sheff Utd 7/2
Brentford 11/2
Swindon 11/2
Bournemouth 6/1
MK Dons 17/2

There is very little justification for those odds. We are not a flash in the pan team having a good run. We have been consistently picking up points at around 2 points per game all season long and if you do the over 46 games, you will win the title.

Bournemouth's odds relative to ours are particularly silly. Their odds seem to be based on them being in a very good run at the moment, being unbeaten in 14. But they are 8 points behind us. And even in that fantastic unbeaten run, they haven't been catching us up. In the last ten games, they have got 24 points and we have got 23. Either they will have to improve still further, or we will have to dip significantly for them to catch us. Or, look at it another way. I reckon a minimum of 86/87 points will be needed to win the title. So we would need say 11 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats to reach 87 points. But Bournemouth would need 14 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats. That would be an astonishing performance tacked on to their current 14 match unbeaten run.

Any road. I might just have a couple of bob at 9/1. After today, there's a bit of a feeling of inevitability building up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Betting opportunity
« Reply #1 on January 05, 2013, 10:37:59 pm by RedJ »
If you use *shudder* skybet you get a free ten pound bet, so you could effectively put £15 on us and win £140 with them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 10:40:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My timing is as im-f**king-peccable as ever.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2013, 10:47:58 pm by RedJ »
If you'd done it a few week ago with Paddy Power I think they had odds of 14/1 for us to win it - I don't really get how odds work but wouldn't that equal a bigger win? albeit, I have to say, more risk, but as you've said elsewhere (provided the Saunders to Wolves is b*llocks) there's an air of inevitability.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012